Showing results 1-30 of 253
What travelers are saying
- Great beers , great food trucks and great games ! What else could I say , we had a great experience! 10/10Written February 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cool place and cool crowd . Good views over Hollywood . I’m surprised people don’t jump in the pool after having drinks .Written February 18, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good concept Unique.
Went there with my children in their twenties and friends.
Bartender service is good.
Easy to park.
Nestled in old property, they make it a cozy place to sit and chillax and listen to music.
Will come againWritten December 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An enjoyable experience with friends as we got there early enough for a table, short supply, and had our drinks ordered at the bar. Worth the stop on your night out!Written January 27, 2023
- Love this bar. Takes you back to long ago times. Very dim lighting which is nice. Food is great. Had chicken wings with lovely blue cheese dip and celery and Nachos which were amazing. Can't wait to be back in October for Halloween🎃Written September 27, 2022
- Didn’t wait too long for a table and enjoyed a cocktail while we did. The barman kindly made me a blue lagoon cocktail, that’s not on the menu. We were shown to our table by our waiter, who was very attentive and helpful. We noticed that there were a lot of empty tables, so couldn’t quite understand the wait. Once we placed our order we waited around 40 minutes for our meal, which was ok. I don’t think there wait enough wait staff, they were run off their feet. They did the best job they could.Written January 13, 2020
- Visiting this bar is like taking a time machine back to the 70´s. The decor, the music and the entire atmosphere makes this place so special. Its like stepping into someones home with different rooms as they used to look in the 70s. Some nights they have live music as well which is a plus.
The only part I do not like is that they built a bar on the outside. My first visit here was 5 years ago and then the bar used to be an old trailer that you had to order through which had its charm but the place is still great.
I do recommend visiting this place but be on time, especially on the weekends as there usually is a line.Written September 17, 2019
- We we're looking for a causal place for a business social gathering... lucky strikes delivered. We did not bowl just took advantage of a reserving a space in their bar. It was perfect. We paid upfront for some appetizers and drink tickets (good for beer or wine.). We ended up with about 35 people. Dustin was our waiter he was excellent!! I would go there again and recommend to others! (Hint: to find the place - go up the escalator to the second floor to find the front door.)Written February 16, 2019
- You step out of the busy street into what feels like a party in a chalet in the woods. While axe throwing sounds like it would be great anger outlet, it ends up being pure clean fun and brings out an amazing, primal, gleeful satisfaction. Everyone cheers for everyone, and it’s such a solidly good time, every time. And the food is SO good! Without knowing much about it, I was anticipating typical bar fare, but the food is actually really elevated and delicious, and there are some great healthy options. I’m still thinking about the Empress cocktail. I would go back just to eat. If you’re lucky, you’ll meet Mo herself; her energy is infectiously good! It always feels great to support good people and their businesses, and Mo’s House of Axe offers true care through and through. You gotta experience it!Written September 4, 2023
- The show is somewhat intimate, immersive, and fun. The final trick involved the entire audience and was a real mind-blower.Written September 6, 2022
- Station 1640 is a lively club with a great location in Hollywood. Excellent sound system and fun layout!Written November 9, 2018
- Located atop the Hotel Erwin. We were amazed what a great view we had even though the hotel is not very tall. Great panoramic view of Venice Beach and the surrounding areas. Blankets really appreciated on a cool evening! Large area with lots of vibe. Service was prompt. Unfortunately the mixed drinks were not good despite being pricey.
Bar closed at 9:30😳...we were shocked.
Overall a great view with good vibe but stick to beer or wine. Just average but 4 stars for the view.Written May 4, 2019
- Back in the early 2000's, I remember long line-ups to the Standard Hotel Downtown Rooftop due to the lack of elevators, and people being turned away due to overcrowding. This WAS the place to have a party in downtown LA.
There were no lineups on the Saturday evening that we came here to cap off our day of exploring DTLA. We were able to snag one of the few highboys along the edges of the bar. We had two rounds of mezcal margaritas and several bar bites from the menu, which I thought were excellent. Looking around, the patrons were definitely not the high energy, trendy crowd of the past. I suspect they have moved on to the next hot thing. But there's nothing like enjoying a cocktail surrounded by the tallest buildings in LA and enjoying the romantic early evening light of a city that still has not lost its ability to cast a spell.Written October 27, 2019
- If you don't like the Simpsons it won't be worthwhile, but for those who do like the Simpsons its a buzz to be in Moes!
Its an actual bar with Duff beer and (non-alcoholic) Flaming Moes, but you can come in and take a look around even if not buying anything - there's the Barney statue, the prank call phone where Bart will speak to you, and the love tester machine that appeared in the cartoon once upon a time.Written September 6, 2023
- LOVE LOVE LOVE this place as an avid whiskey drinker! The selection of spirits is unbelievable, I'd venture to say THE best in Los Angeles. They have live music every night, starting at 10pm most nights and 8pm on the weekends I believe. It's pretty dimly lit, which I don't mind as it's a good spot for close friends or even a date night spot. They have no food though, just bags of chips for purchase.
One of the best things I love is how knowledgeable the bar staff is with the huge selection they have. Whether it's bourbon, rye, scotch, or American, Irish, or Japanese, they WILL find something to appease your palette.
This was my second time visiting, and I can only imagine it getting better with each visit. In fact my friend I took for the first time is arranging an every other month night out to attend this fine establishment.
*Pro tip - they have a private room in the back called Jackalope that has even more premier private service, as well as a curator to cater drinks to your specific needs. (More on that in my individual review of the Jackalope back room. Highly recommended for the VIP experience.)
If you live in or around Los Angeles and haven't been here yet, you're missing out big time! It took me many years before I actually made it out there since I live in the South Bay area, but after my first visit I immediately regretted not going sooner.
Cheers, and happy drinking!Written October 14, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Los Angeles