- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
39 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 39
What travelers are saying
- Great outdoor market which takes place rain or shine. I was there on a rare rainy Sunday & the market was prepared. Vendors had tent covers & the place was packed! Locals kept apologizing for the weather - which as a tourist made me laugh. If you are visiting from out of town there is a decent amount of fresh fruit & veggies. So if you have just arrived, and are staying a few days - stock up here instead of going to local supermarket. They also have unique one of-a-kind crafts/jewelry/candles. What I also liked was that all of the artists who made products were there (at least what I bought).Written April 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There is a variety of shops, restaurants nice seating throughout and variety of flowers, palm trees, some art and even a Koi fish pond. It is also dog friendly and even has a small dog park.Written March 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The selection of Gorman creations ranges from small tiles to sculptures to enormous canvases or ptints. Something for every budget for the fan of this Navajo artist. One of four galleries in the country showing his work.Written August 28, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place not only has such a varied selection of wares (Asian, contemporary, collectible, Victorian, eclectic) but the prices are really reasonable - and several items are marked down. Lots of furniture, figurines, dinnerware, cutlery, glassware, jewelry, etc. You could spend over an hour just looking around. Many unique items and all high quality. We ended up buying some glassware and jewelry and nice to this non-profit donates to dozens of animal welfare causes.Written October 16, 2019
- This isn't like a traditional sculpture garden that's a contiguous area with a collection of sculpture. The sculpture is spread around the hospital campus. The pieces farthest from the entrance are next to the building at 9850 Genesee Avenue. Most of the sculpture is around the main hospital building at 9888 Genesee. There's more next to parking garage D, which is a good central place to park to see the sculpture. Parking there is free for half an hour; up to three hours costs $4.
This is a great place to see some art if art museums are closed. To give you an idea of what's there, I'll post a number of photos.Written June 28, 2022
- I guess Mr Simic lost his butt several years ago in Carmel Ca. He had beautiful pieces of Art, hell I spent over 100k with the gallery. How unfortunate. It’s gone! Kinda makes me mad, but it is what it is. My X has the good pieces and I have several that I will be selling. All European Artist. I just don’t really want memories of my X, so the Art has to go. I did enjoy the Gallery with Judith & Russel. It probably was a sale with them, but it actually meant something to the both of us.Written May 5, 2021
- This is a great little shop to check out art. The staff was very friendly and passionate about the art on display. Cool place to visit.Written December 21, 2017
- This is a great way to spend an hour or more looking at amazing art. The parking in this area varies with different time limits so you should plan your visit to ensure your car doesn't get ticketed.Written March 27, 2016
- Enjoy walking in and browsing. Can get good deals on authentic and one-of-a-kind gifts for special people. Enjoy hte rotating works. Not always museum quality, but I love ocean and beach town works that can make me relive my vacations. We startd to collect "smalls" to place on a vacation wall and this helps ot strike up conversations and reminds our fmaily of good times together.Written June 11, 2017
- Review is for all art galleries in La Jolla. When visiting, do make sure you have about 15 - 20 mins per art gallery. They carry such eclectic pieces and a variety of art! It's a part of La Jolla culture immersion. Do visit here!Written May 17, 2016
- Friends took me to see the various art galleries. Enjoyed seeing local artist work and also a quilt display.Written January 20, 2016
- Getting to spend time with the sea lions, practically an arm's length away, was the highlight of my trip to La Jolla!Our guide, Scott, was knowledgeable, easy-going and lots of fun to ride along the Pacific Coast with. We loved exploring the ecological preserve, seeing sea lions and harbor seals, and getting to watch and learn about surfing. I highly recommend this tour. Bikes are easy to ride too!Written March 2, 2020
- This was my first trip to La Jolla and I’d read that a fun way to see the caves was by going through the cave store for $5 (I think its $7 now, but no biggie). I agree- it was pretty neat! It’s a very long staircase, but was totally doable for everyone in my group (3 women 30-42 & my 7 year old son). The view at the bottom was beautiful, but difficult to get good pictures of due to lighting- this is obviously no fault of the stores, just an observation. It’s worth doing once for sure, but if I’m ever in La Jolla again, I want to do the kayak tour instead.Written August 17, 2022
- Creative olive oil infusions in wine, cocktails, charcuterie, & brownies! Attentive, knowledgeable staff, especially Damillin. Can’t wait to return!Written March 29, 2022
- They are super nice and helpful here! We used a Groupon and it was great. The employees are really nice and chill. :)Written July 17, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about La Jolla
- These are the best places for couples seeking shopping in La Jolla:See more shopping for couples in La Jolla on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in La Jolla:See more budget-friendly shopping in La Jolla on Tripadvisor