Top Attractions in Sihanoukville
What travelers are saying
- I can’t comment on what Otres Beach used to be like as this was our first visit. We spent a lovely afternoon swimming in the clean beach and watching the sunset. Lots of beach food vendors wandering up and down with things like summer rolls etc. Also vendors selling bbq food, pancakes etc. There are sadly construction going on behind and lots stopped as a result of covid hitting. But the beach itself was nice and the toilet and changing facilities clean.Written December 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good atmosphere and beautiful outdoor space to do photography. Water could be dried out when hot season.Written November 28, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just played Texas Hold’em here, loved it.
$1/$1 blinds and super fast dealers .
Lots of freebies, drinks (Inc beer ) cigarettes, fruit plates, noodles.
Pretty close to the beach also.
I was previously here ( Sihanoukvile) before COVID and although I don't recognise the place this time it's definitely worth a visit/ revisitWritten January 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a beautiful stretch of white sand that is unfortunately marred by a garbage problem. The beautiful white sands lead to a very shallow warm beach perfect for wading and playing but you don't have to go too far from your resort to see the Sihanoukville garbage problem that reaches the Koh Rong shores. It's rather unfortunate. Do yourself a favor and enjoy a day at Lazy Beach where there is less refuse and a low-key vibe.Written January 19, 2023
- Interesting traditional market in sihanoukville, if you are looking for Cambodian traditional foods , seasonal asian fruits,souvenirs or Gold jewelry you could find them here. You’ll love to see how local people live their life.Written March 5, 2020
- I would say, at the time of writing, the only reason to come here is to catch the ferry to the islands (Koh Rong/Samloen) ... and that is what we did. There is no other reason to be here and the road in to the pier/beach is a construction and disaster zone. It was mud, potholes, rubbish, abandoned (parked?) vehicles, taxi and tuktuk touts. The ferry could not have come fast enough ...
So why 'three stars'?
Well, we got to the ferry ... and this was what mattered and the Yasmine restaurant, where we got the boarding card and waited, was pleasant enough.Written August 29, 2019
- it's lively and full of attractions: shops, vendors, massage ladies etc but for me
it is too crowded. and not so clean too.Written April 14, 2020
- very bright and loud and colourful places with lots of food places live music at night and few activities just on the beach side. overall a festive like ambience. liked itWritten February 1, 2019
- The poverty and condition of the housing in Cambodia are appalling. We really had no idea. This stretch of beach was probably the nicest thing we saw. It was relatively clean and even had trash barrels where you could throw stuff out as opposed to just dropping it on the ground. There were tourists and locals there having picnics and swimming. Benches are available. There is a pier, a children’s playground and restrooms. Lots of trees for sitting in shady contemplation.Written January 10, 2020
- I was so disappointed in Ream due to all the trash in the water, on the beaches, everywhere. It wasn’t jus plastic bag trash, but rather a variety of trash which made it seem like they had taken bags and bags of trash from town and just dumped it in the ocean. The ocean then ripped apart the bags of trash and deposited it in the mangrove roots, on the beaches, in the waves, etc. Sad and rather disgusting.Written November 20, 2018
- Quiet and more Cambodian than the other beaches.
Very small town bars Along the beach no tourist souvenir shops. Really lovely. Walk right Along the beach for privacy.
We loved it.Written January 25, 2020
- We was on a cruise , got a Tuk tuk outside the port for 5 hours and this was one of the stops. Cambodia being a poor country made the journey there very bumpy due to the terrible roads but an experience. This temple a bit worn but beautiful, lots of different parts to it so making it an interesting historical place with there own not so wild monkeys about.Written March 24, 2020
- Difficult to get a tuk tuk to take you up the hill but the opulence and "if you have all that money", Why not, great chinese restaurant on 2nd floor- seats over 100, we were the only 2 people there, Car showroom unbelievable and jewellery boutique. Macau birds in cages and cockatoo and a snake positioned in a antique dresser, WHY!!!Written May 1, 2019
- We stopped at the Wat Krom Temple and marveled at the beauty of the site. Initially you see isolated stupas (where the deceased are honored) and then you travel up the road to see other sites, including a great view of the city from above.
Sihanoukville is an amalgam of contrasts (from dusty city streets to the calm of different temples) - don't be put off by the city streets and all the dirt. This is a city in transition and it will be interesting to see it in 2 - 3 years. The people seem particularly industrious and energetic.Written February 9, 2020
- Company knows theirs boats was broken but continue to sell ticket. So... 1 boat/day.
From Sihanoukville the boat was at 1.30pm. We leaved at 4pm. And from M'pay the boat was at 10am we leaved at 1pm. Fortunately we didn't have booked bus or plane. Unfortunately others peoples does.Written February 25, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Sihanoukville
- The best day trips from Sihanoukville according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Sihanoukville - Kampot Day Tour (Pepper Farm & Salt Fields)
- Explore Sihanoukville's Nearby Islands
- Full Day Sihanoukville City and Mangrove Boat Tour at Ream National Park,
Sihanoukville Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 3:21 AM|