- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Food & Drink
21 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- We enjoyed our tasting experience at Orfila. Our red flight consisted on four generous pours from their San Pasquale valley estate: Sangiovese, Merlot, Syrah and Ambassador’s Syrah. All were good but the Syrah’s were very dry and needed rich foods to better appreciate. We elected to purchase a bottle of the hostess’s favorite: 2018 Tempranillo from their Arroyo Grande vineyard… it was Excellent!Written November 21, 2021
- The view in this video lace is out of this world. It is basically on top of the hill and allow you to see so many hills, valleys and mountains while sipping wonderful wine and enjoying decent food along with a cool breeze. Friendly and fast service along with the location is what caused the high rating. Also, the pizza is excellent.Written June 1, 2022
- Stopped by here and had some cheese and crackers and did the wine tastings. The first couple of wines were rough, but 3-5 were decent. There's also a car museum and cool grounds, but we didn't have time for that. Worth a stop if in the area. The staff and guy up front were friendly and deserve a positive shout out. Would return if in the areaWritten September 25, 2021
- Great boutique vineyard. Had a glass of Tempranillo during a wine tasting weekend. Wine was sophisticated and had a nice dry aftertaste.Written November 28, 2021
- Great wines, beautiful estate vineyard and fun tasting room with a large patio that's a perfect spot for a picnic. My favorite is their Cabernet Franc! Check out my full review at frequentflighters.comWritten March 10, 2022
- We enjoyed a great Sunday afternoon tasting at Domaine Artefact. We reserved a table for eight and were shown to a nice outdoor building with a sofa and lounge chairs. The red wine flight included four (4) generous pours: Mourvèdre, Carignan, Rincon Del Diablo and Syrah. My favorites were the Carignan and the Rincon blend. We purchased a bottle of the Rincon and shared a picnic lunch.
I was very surprised by how large and how many guests they had for a Sunday afternoon. It’s certainly been discovered!Written June 26, 2022
- We have driven by this place countless times. Decided to give it a go and was really surprised. Really nicely put together very good wine. And Stephanie was really nice, helpful and made our visit very enjoyable.Written February 16, 2020
- We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Rancho Guejito Vineyard. Marvelous outdoor facilities with a live band. They’re open only on weekends. Their tables comfortably seat eight and are covered for either shade or rain. Most of their wines are estate grown and the prices are reasonable. Their charcuterie box is an absolute value for $15.
I liked both their Merlot and Syrah.Written January 16, 2022
- We love Belle Marie......so much so we have joined their wine club. Love the surrounding!! The owners are very nice and accommodating. Love the castle
!Written August 5, 2022
- The Escondido Community Foundation held one of its annual events, for a second year in a row, at this gem of a property.
The staff always provides marvelous service, great wine and a fantastic caterers for our events. This charming site provides an absolutely perfect backdrop of any event.
Special kudos to the staff!!
Personally, I also thoroughly enjoy this winery for relaxing weekend outings here in Escondido. The friendly relaxed atmosphere creates just the right vibe for an afternoon of wine tasting!!Written July 7, 2022
- Great boutique winery. Owner is friendly and had some beautiful wines to taste. Would definitely recommend visiting when coming to the area for wine tastings.Written January 4, 2022
- We looked at the website to find family owned wineries and found this lovely winery.
We enjoyed a glass of primitivo with our picnic lunch. We sat on the patio facing the vineyards with a great view. The patio furniture was lovely with alot of tables and comfy padded chairs with tablecloths. Very bright and cheery atmosphere. The owner explained the family business. We also enjoyed their friendly cats as they roamed around the tables. We will be back to do more tastings next time.Written July 11, 2020
- Great road trip on our motorbike to Speckle rock. Beautiful twisting roads and super views.
The tasting was nice at $ 16 for four glasses. I would invest in some more snacks but other than that it was a super experience.Written February 17, 2022
- I am so sad to see this winery has closed down. It was one of my favorite wineries, mainly because of its history and old world charm.
My parents used to love the Almond De Luz, which tasted a lot like Amaretto. Their Muscat if Alexandria, smelled and tasted like Orange blossoms, as we as Orange blossom honey.
It will be greatly missed.Written November 15, 2015
- This winery is in a remote part of Escondido. It only has outdoor seating and is at the residence of the proprietor. Wines are not bad and the location is peaceful. Might give it another shot just to see if it was an off day...Written January 2, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Escondido
- These are the best places for budget-friendly wineries & vineyards in Escondido:See more budget-friendly wineries & vineyards in Escondido on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for wineries & vineyards in Escondido:See more hidden gem wineries & vineyards in Escondido on Tripadvisor