What travelers are saying
- After the horrendous storm last year knocked out the wharf and a lot of waterfront restaurants, they have done an amazing job of bringing the beach back to life. Small, quaint. Lovely. A very nice change from rambunctious Santa Cruz.Written August 19, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I stayed at the bike-in campsite. Unlike many state parks which have hike & bike sites, this is a bike only site. There are 3 to 5 individually marked bike sites in one area of the campground, conveniently located close to the restrooms/showers and close to the ocean overlook. The showers are 25¢ a minute, quarters only. That's acceptable when you pay $5 for the bike site, but if you're paying the full $35 rate it's a bit unreasonable for a campground which most likely is connected to the Capitola municipal water supply. Only one of the two trails to the beach is currently open.
There are plenty of restaurants in the area; downtown Capitola is very close.Written April 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The local museum is free to enter and explains the history of how Capitola got on the map. Overall stay was around 45-60 mins as there is a lot of historical artifacts and photos inside.Written September 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I work nearby and we just decided that a craft beer sounded good, before heading home. With plenty of really unusual and special beers available, we usually pick our simple IPA and pale ale favorites, and always enjoy both the beer and vibes.Written November 20, 2021
- As part of our Pacific Coast Highway Experience, we visited some wine tasting spots along the way. I was driving so I left the drinking up to my wife Jan. Parking was at a premium, but we did find a parking spot nearby for $10. This particular winery had a $30 wine tasting fee for 5 wine samples. The sample sizes were generous 1/2 stemware glass samples and came in quick succession. Admittedly a bit too much too fast for Jan, considering that it was still morning, but she enjoyed the atmosphere, ambience and the wines. The wine is made from local grape blends. We decided to buy a bottle of wine. The $30 tasting fee is applied to the purchase. The host was polite and informative about the blends which combined with the sampling, produced a charming experience. Highly reccommendedWritten August 23, 2022
- I drive by the location frequently, and report that it is CLOSED AND GONE for 2019, with next closest locations being in Monterey, Solvang, and Placerville, California.Written March 24, 2019
- We went to Cinelux Capitola Cafe to pick up some snacks for our at home movies. The service was good.
It will be nice when the movie theater can reopen again (due to the virus). We've enjoyed seeing movies here in the past and look forward to going back.Written July 13, 2020
- High quality jewels at a good value. Owner is expert, helpful and friendly. My wife was very happy with her purchase of Tooaz earings.Written August 17, 2021
- This is a great little strip mall that offers restaurants, boutiques, health care services and more. In my opinion, the "anchor store" is Trader Joe's.Written October 31, 2020
- I went shopping at Capitola Mall. It has some hub stores like Target. It has some smaller stores. Overall its an average indoor shopping mall.Written February 21, 2020
- The Cava Wine Bar is such a cozy and fun environment. The wine list is extensive but the owners break it down to make it simple and appeal to a wide range of tastes and price points. Live music on the weekends makes it extra special. I recently took family from out of town to Cava and John Michael was singing that day. It was one of the highlights of their trip to California. The patrons and owners are super friendly but not intrusive. I feel very lucky to have this establishment in my neighborhood.Written January 4, 2020
- Since moving to a new location, we've visited twice. Great acoustic music on some nights, great to sit in patio and enjoy.Written October 26, 2016
- This store is always so neat, clean and organized. The associates are very friendly and I love their unique stuff and there’s things of course that you can find that aren’t carried at very many places. I highly recommend this place!!Written May 20, 2023
- I have always wanted to experience a salt water float and this place was great! The owner was there to check me in and out. She gave a detailed description of the process since it was all new to me. It was all so relaxing and there are ways to adjust things in the room to customize based on your needs: pillows for neck support, option to crack float door open for air. I also did the sauna and the two together was very relaxing. You totally do not feel your body as you float and it is very different than floating in a pool as the water is dense and you have no one splashing or no wind moving the water so it is super still.Written April 12, 2021
- We drove to Capitola to see the colorful beach houses but as we walked around the little town not many places were open, until we came upon this wonderful shop. Meeting Ms. Claudia was our first gift, she was so kind and welcoming, then as we looked around we found so many beautiful and unusual gifts-Christmas shopping done! Thank you ❤️Written November 24, 2022
Capitola Attractions Information
|Friday 9:56 AM|