Speciality & Gift Shops • Art Galleries
25 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- The shop owners are lovely people and they have great intentions. By supporting this shop you support local artists and also help with empowering women programs. They have a wide variety of gifts, so you will definitely find something you fancy. Great place to buy beautiful things with a beautiful idea behind it!Written October 26, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is one of the best shops for souvenirs. From paintings, wood carvings, unique masks, magnets and instruments- this place has amazing and varied choices. The staff are also friendly, knowledgeable of their products and are lovely to talk to. Definitely a must visit in the town of Moshi.Written August 26, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The customer care is top-notch. Best fabric I've ever purchased. I'm looking forward to purchasing more when I visit againWritten November 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I mostly visiting Kibo tour ...different shops available here!!!i think add a supermarket would be the best shopping centre!!Written August 19, 2015
We had a great time with Emanuel. He takes a lot of time and we all went home very happy with great jewelry. We are even considering going again because we liked it so much.
Definitely give it a try :)Written November 27, 2023
- I visited this Spa over the holidays... The massage was absolutely excellent! I walked in with tension pain in my neck and shoulders and it was all relieved after my one hour massage. The masseuse was very welcoming, She took her time with me and made it very personable and focused on the areas I requested. The essential oils enhanced the atomsphere and made it even more relaxing. It is totally worth the money to have a spa session at Elegance Point. Moshi is so small and always hectic over the holidays... so to have a decent Spa (refuge) to recharge is simply a life saver!Written January 21, 2019
- Soon after returning to our hotel after climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro in April, the women of the Co-operative greeted me and our team and gave each of us colorful Kilimanjaro wristbands as congratulatory gifts. I wear the wrist band nearly every day and I cannot thank them enough for their thoughtfulness. Afterwards, I purchased numerous items for gifts from their selection of items and they were all big hits back home. Thanks again for your kindness and I am happy to have contributed to such a worthy cause.Written July 24, 2017
- During my four-day stay in Moshi I visited the city's major markets and many souvenir and book shops. Solomon, in his early 20s, was the only shop keeper that had fixed prices on the items sold in his shop, which, in fact, were more tourist friendly than elsewhere. Furthermore, he was very informative and helpful and last but not least candid: he showed which items were produced in Tanzania which were not, so that I could buy authentic souvenirs that were made in Tanzania. I discovered Sanaa Zetu by chance. Finding it is neither easy nor mission impossible. As you walk from the Clock Tower to Moshi Book Shop, on the right side of the road you will see the Arcade. Enter the Arcade and Solomon's souvenir shop will be on your right just a few steps ahead - next to a small book shop.Written May 11, 2017
- A bag cost like 250$!!! Beautifull but not worth at all! I am living here for two months, a piece of leather cost you like 25000 tsh, a fundi cost you another 25000 tsh to make it, in total a 25$. It seems like somebody wants to earn a lot of money on the heads of the locals.Written August 26, 2017
- Phenomenal customer service.
I had bought a few items from Blue zebra while in Tanzania and paid to have them shipped back to the States. All was good when I got back other than one item being damaged (happens sometimes) and so blue zebra worked with me to make it right. They went above and beyond to make sure I was a happy customer and so I would highly recommend them to anyoneWritten October 13, 2023
- A group of 10 of us did the 7 day machame route in July 202. it was a great experience and I think 7 days was perfect for acclimation to the altitude. Kitano Tours and Safari was very helpful in getting the trip set up and providing options. We had Methew, Peter, Haji and Suda as guides and they were very knowledgeable and made sure we were safe and enjoyed the trek. We were lucky with no rain and had amazing scenery throughout the hike. It was not an easy hike but very doable. We did not train at all for the hike but are in overall good shape. We did the safari at Tarangire national Park and Ngorongoro crater for 2 days prior to the hike. There was a good amount of wildlife to be seen and the roof down Jeep experience was great. We also stayed at Zanzibar Queen after the hike which was a perfect way to relax. Booking airfare was difficult but everything on the island was extremely cheap. Would overall highly recommend everything with Kitano Tours and Safari and can say it was the trip of a lifetime.Written October 28, 2021
- The shop/ art gallery run by a talented artist. We thought we did not need anything when we came but ended up buying 3 art pieces from him.Written December 7, 2023
- Jeromin is a friendly, humorous, and experienced guide who showed us the amazing nature and wildlife of Tanzania.
Thanks to his experience and knowledge we had the chance to see well hidden animals and get to know so many insights!
It felt good and right how he treated nature, animals and people. No hunting or provoking.
Jeromin was german speaking like a pro and shared some cultural peculiarities with us.
Thank you for your time and friendship,
Cora and Marc.Written September 19, 2023
Our travel agent in Kuala Lumpur in conjunction with Inquisitive Africa made arrangements for our 9 nights 10 days safari in Tanzania. 5 star rating to Godwin and his Inquisitive Africa company for a customized itinerary. We were met by Godwin on our arrival in Kilimanjaro. He was very friendly, welcoming and helpful and personally drove us to Arusha for our first nights stay. Helping us check in and ensuring everything was in order. Next morning we were met by our guide from Inquisitive Africa, Emmanuel. He is an excellent guide, very friendly, knowledgeable and good company during the safari drives. He always managed to find the the correct spots to get an excellent viewing of the animals and scenery. Our customized tour visiting Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro conservation area, Ngorongoro crater, Serengeti National Park and Lake Eyasi was excellent due good planning by Godwin. We highly recommend Inquisitive Africa if you are planning a visit to Tanzania for their personalized and profession planning. Asante Sana to Godwin, Emmanuel and Inquisitive Africa. We wish we could have stayed longer.Written September 30, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Moshi
- These experiences are best for shopping in Moshi:
- Moshi sunset experience
- 7 days Kilimanjaro Hiking via Machame Route with BURIGI CHATO SAFARIS CO LTD
- Common 5 Days Tanzania Serengeti Big 5 Private Safari | BURIGI CHATO SAFARIS
- 5 Hours Malindi Live Band Nightlife Experience before 5 days Serengeti Safari
- 6 Days Comfort Tanzania Serengeti Big 5 Safari Tour | BURIGI CHATO SAFARIS CO
- These places are best for shopping in Moshi:
- Kibo Tower
- KITANO TOURS AND SAFARIS | Kilimanjaro CLIMBING | HIKING | BIKE TREK Operators
- Scenic Routes Safaris
- Inquisitive Africa (Safari & Adventure)
- Widerange African Safaris | Kilimanjaro hiking tours & Tanzania safari | Zanzibar beach
- These are the best places for groups seeking shopping in Moshi:See more shopping for groups in Moshi on Tripadvisor