Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Tarifa
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- One of the most amazing beach views I've seen, fantastic view an amazing blue sea, fantastic location to visitWritten November 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the nicest beaches I have seen. Golden sand and great views. Sea is amazing. Loads of wind surfer's, amazing to see.Written November 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Loved this beach & location. Could sir hours taking in the surf. A cool breeze even in July. Great to escape the hot temperatures or esteponaWritten July 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We drove to Tarifa just to see the Strait of Gibraltar and the African coast. It was surprising to find out that it was so close, just ten miles across. (I wasn't a great student of geography, obviously). The views were fantastic. We were very tempted to go and see a different continent for the first time, but we didn't want to rush it. That's a whole other trip.Written December 3, 2022
- Opening times are sometimes a little bit tedious…. Would habe loved to see the interior but they close very soon.
It makes quite a spectacular view from the outside and has a vast history covered.
Build by musuluman conquerors, it stood for
Many hundred years in their dominion before cristian warriors took it. It then became a Spanish fortification and was used till last century. It is fully intact from the outside and documentation tells there is a lot of history to be seen in the interior. Next time I won’t miss the visit.
Together with the lovely medieval town of Tarifa it is one of the must visit places in south Spain.Written January 8, 2023
- This is a lovely walk passing the landmarks where the Mediterranean and Atlantic meet. Only when you get out to the island do you realise is is closed for development. Views toward Tarifa are lovely as well as the Atlantic beaches on the other side.Written November 5, 2019
- Punta paloma is now fully accesible, where as before there was a military zone that limited access, unless it was for the restaurant. The ever expanding dunes, on the early stretch of the road are a must seeWritten October 15, 2019
- We sat in a nearby cafe overlooking the Church of San Mateo and decided to view the interior. What a stunning building right in the middle of the old town of Tarifa and with a superb interior. Well worth a visit.Written February 13, 2020
- This is the beautiful gateway to old Tarifa and an imposing entrance to the old town. Plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby to absorb the history.Written November 6, 2019
- Lovely small beach next to Playa de Los Lances Sur where all of the kite surfers are. Not too crowded in October since the weather was chilly, but I would imagine it's a great place to hang out in the summer.Written September 20, 2020
- The highly talented and skilled Manuel Caminero produces some fabulous high quality photos. We have bought a few now and remain delighted with them. The quality of the acrylic mounting process means that these are high end art photos. Highly recommend. Have a look you won’t be disappointed.Written May 8, 2020
- This is a nice spot in the old town, and sometimes there are events like concerts organized there, which is the best way ti enjoy the plaxce, I guess!Written August 3, 2019
- I found this place not far from Tarifa and I was amazed at how pretty it was. The church is centuries old and the place is so peaceful. You can buy candles on spot. The church itself is a gem and worth the short trip from Tarifa. There is a pretty courtyard as well.Written September 17, 2018
- I requires a bit of a hike up the hill at the end of the road but the views at the end are worth the effort. this is a very old watch tower that would have been used to warn of pirates by smoke during the day and fire at night. Now it's a lighthouse.Written August 14, 2018
- Walking along the “muralla” is very nice , and visiting the old town very interesting. Take a moment sitting at one of the cafes and drink a cold bier!Written April 27, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Tarifa
- The best day trips from Tarifa according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Tangier Guided Tour from Tarifa
- Cultural excursion for one day to Tangier with ferry included
- Morocco Day Tour: Tangier from Seville
- Private Morocco Day Tour: Tangier from Seville
- Baelo Claudia and Tarifa
Tarifa Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 11:21 AM|