*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- The cave is spectacular. We visited similar larger caves complex in Mallorca. However, this one is simply huge as a single cave. It looks like a huge cathedral built by some magical creatures millions of years ago.
VR experience in an adjacent building is a must and will definitely contribute to the overall sense of wonder.Written September 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely stunning beautiful view out to sea, its a must see, lovely bars & restaurants close by. Definitely with a visit.Written September 8, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We parked in a car park, charged €1 , we then walked down the hill near the old power plant then up the dried river bed, it took us 45 mins to get to the start of the river ( we were all adults walking at a steady pace, )though it was very hot, at the start of the river you can see a dam was created. we walked up the river which was a great experience, in the shade and Cooling you down. we’re walked in the river for about 30 mins, when we seen a small waterfall on the right. Just what was needed., a lovely cool shower!! We turned back here.. I would highly recommend this walk but you need to wear runners as walking on stones in the water can be sore on the feet if you’re in the wrong shoes
Bring plenty of water!!Written August 13, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
This is an urban beach with nice, pebbly sand. It has lots to offer: water sports, sun bed rentals, many restaurants and cafes, views of the rocks at each end, and of the mountains behind the town.Written August 21, 2023
Behind the simple whitewashed façade are some very beautiful sculptures and other pieces of religious art.
Take time to study the side chapels, with their ornate altars.Written August 21, 2023
- Called in here for drinks which were really good. Service here was first class and ever so friendly. Will call again.Written March 31, 2020
- Lovely beach, surf was quite big, so swimming was tricky for the kids, but there was a sheltered area at one end where they could swim. Not too busy, mainly Spanish families. Really nice little restaurant at the back of the beach, recommend the sardines.
Only tricky bit was on one day when there was only one bus running, so had to wait in the heat in a large queue to get back up the mountain. Normally there are three busses running. Was around 2 euros per person for the round trip.
We went back to it 2 or 3 times, I don’t like the packed beaches of the popular resorts, so if you like a beach a bit wilder and beautiful, I recommend this one.Written August 17, 2023
The white sand beach is to the east off Balcon de Europe. It is the prettiest unban beach we saw during our trip. Getting down to it from the town takes some exercise.Written August 21, 2023
- Interesting Photo opportunity. There are two designated areas one each way to take pictures. That is all you can do there. It is very nice and interesting, but just a photo stop.Written June 14, 2023
- If you want to central for beach as you haven’t got a car and something a bit quieter than this could be a place.
It is only very small but Central and, as you expect, very beautiful. The water is calm and there are far less people here than most of the beaches around.
The compromise to this is that it is a little bit difficult to get to and has less facilities than most of the beaches. This makes it ideal for a couple of hours with your towel and your book rather than alongStay with sun loungers, restaurants and so on.Written September 9, 2021
- Lovely little theatre. Every seat is a good seat. Prices are reasonable, Saw two performances and would definitely go again. Highly recommended.Written March 8, 2023
- Education and fun visit. After visiting the caves it was so interesting and educational to visit and learn about it at the museum.Written July 22, 2022
- Depending on what you are looking for exactly this could be the beach for you. It is very centrally located which is a benefit in one way but does mean that it gets very busy in the high season.
Having said that, it is very lovely and great to spend an hour or two relaxing in such beautiful surroundings. The beach itself is kept very clean and their own excellent facilities everywhere.
However, we preferred a little more relaxation so we used to go to the beach is a little further out of town as we had a car.Written September 21, 2022
- We did a track fron El Canuelo to Playa Cantarrijan.
Amazing beaches, very interesting track (not always well signed) and outstanding views.
Worth spending a day while in Nerja. One of the highlights of our trip.
Moderate level track difficulty.Written August 14, 2020
- This beach stretches from near the town and away to the west. The first part gets fairly busy.
As you had further away though and it gets less busy and there’s plenty more room. The price you pay for this is that the sand isn’t very nice and there’s not many facilities.
There is still a kiosk where you can buy food and drink and showers and toilets and so on. I would say it is more beach for a short visit them for an all day oneWritten September 21, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Nerja
- The best day trips from Nerja according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Caminito del Rey with Pickup from Nerja, Torrox and Torre del Mar
- Nerja (Pueblo) + Frigiliana & El Acebuchal - Semi-Private
- Tour of Nerja and Frigiliana with Caves
- Skip the line Nerja & Frijiliana Day Trip from Málaga
- Frigiliana and Nerja Tour Direct from Malaga
Nerja Attractions Information