Universities & Schools • Educational sites
What travelers are saying
- My husband and I were most impressed with the Santa Cruz Spanish School. The communications, price, and reception were all great, but above all the teachers were excellent. My teacher, Juana, a remarkable young woman from the local town, used a diverse range of teaching tools and techniques, which kept things fun and interesting. She was so patient with me and my awful pronunciation. In the beginning, I thought I wasn't advanced enough for a language school, but I was amazed how much I had learned by the end of the week. The school is located lakeside, and the beautiful views offered inspiration and respite. Combined with a stay a few minutes up the hill as Casa de Cameron (Panorama), it was the perfect place to do a language school.Written October 7, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The strenuous hiking is well worth it for the connection to nature, the bird watching, and the wonderful views you'll get a long the way.Written June 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I don't want to spoil the joy! Just book with Tours Atitlan in Santa Cruz for the day for a hike and a picnic!Written April 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We so enjoyed this experience! We learned how to cook a variety of delicious dishes with the support of one of the chefs, and were then served the dishes at a setting upstairs overlooking the lake. The food was delicious, the staff was excellent, and this is just an overall incredible organization to support. We also visited their restaurant for lunch one day overlooking the lake and loved it, and we bought some textiles from their shop. Everything they do is thoughtfully prepared and exectut with a focus on uplifting members of the local community.Written August 15, 2023
- Excellent massage in a low key lakeside setting. You can chill out in the hammocks and swim in the lake here too. The tours they offer are also excellent.Written November 16, 2022
- We really enjoyed our stop at this store after a wonderful lunch at the culinary school upstairs. The textiles are so well made, and delicate. I bought several souvenirs at reasonable prices. The ladies who make the textiles are right there, so you can also watch them work. Well worth finding this place.Written March 10, 2020
- We had an excellent private tour with Alex to San Juan La Laguna on Lake Atitlan. The tour on a Tuesday was arranged on the Sunday afternoon before via Whatsapp. We had a payment link by Monday morning. And the information that Alex our guide would actually meet us at our hotel in Panajachel (an added bonus, since we thought we would be meeting the guide in San Juan) was provided by Monday afternoon. Our interest was in exploring Maya culture. Alex was Mayan himself and was a fund of information as we explored San Juan extensively. We could not have been happier with our experience overall and had Alex to thank for it.Written March 11, 2023
- One of the most stunning things I’ve done so far. Didn’t have too many expectation but it was just beautiful and Marshall & his friend were super nice.Written November 20, 2023
- I like deep tissue massage. Mine was great. Arrive early. Be prepared to walk up stairs that may leave you winded before your therapy.Written February 19, 2012
- While at a yoga retreat at Lake Atitlan, a few of us hired Pedro, a local birdwatching guide. He was amazing! Incredibly knowledgeable and lightning quick at spotting birds. He could identify by sound or quick flyover, and in no time had his scope set up so we could view it up close. I loved how excited he got over every bird! He was kind and gracious to answer all of our questions. We learned he owns Voltan Adventures, so we asked if we could hire him again another day. Two days later, we went birdwatching with his brother, Isaias, at Los Tarrales Natural Reserve. Everything was arranged for us, from the private boat to the private shuttle. Isaias was equally incredible at birdwatching and sent us the list of observed birds so we could easily enter them into eBird. Because of these two wonderful guides, I was able to log 92 species in 6 days -- 70 of which were lifers to me! I cannot recommend Voltan Adventures enough!!Written November 21, 2023
- I was in Guatamala last month and booked a personal Shaman Reading. I cant say enough good things about how amazingly accommodating they were with my very last min request. The Shaman and guide came to my hotel to provide the reading. Communication throughout the booking was fantastic and the experience itself was amazing. Both the guide and the Shaman were such warm kind people. Hands down one of my favorite experiences during my trip to Guatamala.Written May 23, 2022
- We went to Guatemala for a Guatemala experience! So having lunch with a Guatemala family was an awesome experience for us. We are very adventures and love to do something very different. If you don't like different and an adventure, then I would suggest you don't experience this. I also want to mention this because it is also a good hike. We did fine, and we are not young!! So I thank the tour company for offering this awesome experience!! We sure enjoyed every moment of it.Written May 4, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Santa Cruz La Laguna
- The best day trips from Santa Cruz La Laguna according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Indian Nose Peak and Lake Atitlan Sunrise Tour from Panajachel
- Chichicastenango Market Day Tour from Panajachel
- Bicycle Tour Around Lake Atitlan with Weaving Coops and Coffee Plantations
- Quetzaltenango and Fuentes Georginas Hot Springs from Panajachel
- Hike in pristine Forest, a view from above Atitlan
Santa Cruz La Laguna Attractions Information
|Saturday 10:28 AM|