Popular things to do
- Bus Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Bodies of Water
- Day Trips
- City Tours
- Half-day Tours
- 4WD Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Winter Sports
- Hiking Trails
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Ski & Snowboard Areas
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Shopping Tours
- Theme Parks
Top Attractions in San Carlos de Bariloche
What travelers are saying
- Amazing tour , perfect timetable for each stop. Absolutely wonderful landscapes. Honestly I was shocked with the views . Llao llao forest, campanario hill. Strongly recommendedWritten September 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is the best plan if you like snow and partying to party with friends is the best and it has very good excursionsWritten June 18, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Funny for children, interesting for adults. In the middle of Circuito Chico, you can have a dinosaur's experience, many of them are from argentina. You can see them in their real high in the Patagonian forest with an excellent guide. Highly recommended!Written March 18, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Best views from the Lake either in winter or summer. It is a good trip to do with the boat take half a day with Arrayanes if you do not have enough time.Written October 7, 2020
- We went up Cerro Otto by teleferico, cable car but walked down after a good coffee and tostada in the restaurant. The restaurant rotates! Absolutely wonderful walk down though it’s about 5 miles.
But worth it. Brings you into the middle of Bariloche.
Highly recommended on a good day of summer 👍Written February 2, 2020
- This all-day adventure was amazing! The boat rides are an incredible way to see all the views and the hike up to the Cascada (waterfall) de los Cantaros is a good one. We did the hike along the lake from Puerto Blest to the waterfall (about a 45 min walk/hike with gorgeous views) and then up to the waterfall. The trip up to the waterfall is on wooden walkways with LOTS of steps. Not easy, but if you take you time totally do-able if you are in ok physical shape (i.e. you don't need to be an athlete). LOVED this!Written March 28, 2022
- The island is perfect to relax, meditate, walk and look some beautiful views, but you also can enjoy the beach in case you want.
It is a very recommended place.Written January 18, 2020
- We visited the ski resort in the summer time. It’s a beautiful area with lots of good hiking. We drove up from the lodge where we were staying and it was very accessible.Written January 16, 2022
- Centro Civico is the heart of Bariloche. It's a large square where people gather for festivals and political events. Surrounded by attractive grey stone building with golden cypress wood trim. Looks like a Swiss alpine village. The City Hall Clock Tower is the main symbol of the town. Be sure to check out the Museo de la Patagonia.Written April 11, 2020
We just did the day hike which was totally worth it for the views so didn't try the accommodation but the empanadas, sandwich and coffee for lunch were deliciousWritten October 7, 2020
- Llao llao patagonia, argentina is one of the most remarkable places in the western hemisphere. Beautiful beyond description and yet very accessible. I have visited 5 times and still looking forward to my next trip.Written October 7, 2020
wonderful landscape with black Icebergs that have been working hard in changing the environment of Andes mountains. Colour of the icebergs and the lake of this mountain during the sunlight gives a uniqueness to this wonder of Nature. Walking from pampa Linda gives you more time to enjoy the snow capped mountains and will definitely be a memory of once in a lifetime chance.Written October 7, 2020
- My friends and I had the best time! Most of us never saw the snow before and we were lucky enough to play with it for at least three hours, snow ball fights, snow angels, everything! We did tubing races and rode a zip-line with a great snowy view.Written May 2, 2020
- We visited Colonia Suiza with the intention of doing a walk from there. The walk was very pleasant up through the forest up to the river. The Colonia Suiza was interesting to see but has many tacky tourist shops and seems to live from reputation gone past.Written March 16, 2020
- After a short walk, you arrive to these tiny but charming falls. They are called the "Elf falls" and are located very close to the Park Ranger House in Lago Gutierrez.
It's also nice to combine them with a visit to the lake, or with a hike to Catedral Mountain.Written March 2, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about San Carlos de Bariloche
- The best day trips from San Carlos de Bariloche according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- San Martin de los Andes and the Seven Lakes Day Trip from Bariloche
- Excursion to San Martin de los Andes via 7-lake Circuit, from Bariloche
- Circuito Chico & Boat Navigation to Victoria Island and Arrayanes Nat Park
- Boat navigation to Puerto Blest and Los Cantaros Falls from Bariloche
- Bariloche: Boat Trip to Victoria Island and the Arrayanes Forest