- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- The staff is amazing, the marine fish section is beautiful but has deteriorated over the years compared to when I was a child! But still an amazing place with cute penguins and intelligent seals, had a blast with the fam. Got to feed the penguins aswellsWritten November 28, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It really was a wet and windy day today, but we thoroughly enjoyed our visit and rounded it off with a pint at the pub by the fire. Owner couldn’t have been more welcoming and took time out to talk to the little ones about the snakes and lizards.Written April 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We went for a family outing to the Lion Park in East London on Sunday 8 September 2019.
There wasn't too much to see, however the animals looked healthy and well cared for.
Some maintenance is required at the playground and seating area.
Overall it wasn't a bad experience, next time we will make a day out of it and have a family braai. The best time to go is on a Sunday around feeding time at 12:30, because then you will get to see the Lions and Tigers.Written September 12, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I took my young son to visit the zoo. He is only 2 years old and thoroughly enjoyed it.
After all the negative press about the zoo, i found it not to be as bad as portraited, Although.... (Please note, i'm neither pro or anti zoo establishments)
- A lot of enclosures are empty... this seemed to be were there once used to be sheeps, goats and ostriches. surely its easy for a zoo to keep these animals. the lack of looking after these empty enclosures is the biggest eye sore there
- A big negative was the lack of information on the animal that live in the enclosure, this is vital to encourage learning about the animals. this includes signage on where to go to see what
- I saw lots of Zoo workers there but the general cleanliness of the pathways etc was very bad. including lots of plastic in the dam. You dont need budget to keep that clean
- Obviously the enclosures could always be bigger.
- The food Kiosk absolutely STANK!!! smelt like the animals slept in there!!! bring your own food
On the positive side:
- In my opinion all the animals look healthy, they had food and fresh water
- There is still a relatively good variety. Lions, Jaguar, bear, crocodiles, wolfs, chimps , monkeys, birds
- it looks like a lot of the enclosures where being renovated.
- There is lots of jungle gyms for bored children to play on.
I think it would go a long way if the Zoo could just clean its grounds up (not a budget problem) and fill some of the empty enclosures, small children are just a happy seeing a goat as a lionWritten September 14, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about East London
- These places are best for zoos & aquariums in East London:See more zoos & aquariums in East London on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for kid-friendly zoos & aquariums in East London:See more zoos & aquariums for kids in East London on Tripadvisor