Showing results 1-30 of 50
What travelers are saying
- We are avid cruisers and are always looking for exceptional excursions. This was by far one of the best excursions we have ever been on. A smaller vessel picked us up from the cruise ship and as the cruise ship continued down the Fjord, we were able to cruise up close and personal to one of the glaciers. This was during early spring and there were so many Harbour seals on the ice, many with new babies. The view of the glacier that close is absolutely breathtaking and we were able to enjoy glacier ice margarita as well! The views were awe inspiring and we even got to see mountain goats and a bear. This is definitely an excursion you don't want to miss.Written October 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a lovely time on the trip. My husband has always wanted to see the Sentinel Island lighthouse and he finally got his wish. Maybe one day we will stay the night since we learned you can stay there via a ride from Juneau Lighthouse tours!Written September 23, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Seeing the bears in a safe way in their natural habitat could not have been more fun and exciting. The tour guides (two young ladies) and the float plan pilot were all awesome.Written June 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had the privilage to experience a full day of heliskiing with Alaska Powder Descents in March of 2019. Besides the day I received my discharge from the Army, I am having a hard time thinking of a better, happier and overall more stoke-filled day.
Kevin and Sam were absolutely outstanding guides that helped provide one of the best days of my life. They helped to provide an insanely ridiculous experience. The day ran smoothly from the get-go, where Kevin and Sam helped outfit myself with the necessary gear that I did not have personally, such as an inflatable avalanche backpack and other assorted pieces. We flew through Temsco helicopters, right smack on the summit of a peak I had been eyeballing here in Juneau for months. The mid-March skiing was chattery at first, but warmed up into absolutely incredible spring corn. We were able to ski a ridiculous amount of runs on the Juneau Icefield, a massive sea of snow and ice that looks like Antartica or Hoth from Star Wars! We finished off the day on a gorgeous line through a couloir which dropped into an open bowl where the speed gained in the steep line opened up into wide arching, delicious corn harvesting.
If you are looking for an outfit with top-of-the-line guides, service, experience, and stoke, look no further than Alaska Powder Descents. Going heliskiing is a thrill in itself, but the awesome friends at APD made the experience one that I will tell my friends and family about for years to come. Kevin and Sam and everyone at APD, you guys are the best!Written May 12, 2019
- Whale watching was awesome! Crew was friendly and helpful. Would definitely book again and suggest to any friends that head to Alaska!!Written December 2, 2023
- My daughter booked this whale watching trip directly through Alaska tales in Juneau during our Norwegian encore cruise to Alaska. They picked us from Juneau cruise docking area. Our crew for this trip were Larry, Steph, Ber. They were knowledgeable regarding whales. Boat was modern. Due to there experience we saw many whales.
Best company for this activity.
Booking directly is cheaper than through cruise people.Written December 9, 2023
- Myles & Capt. Andy took us on an incredible experience. I believe they had Alyssa on radio giving us heads up on where to go. We saw so many whales, including a whale triple breach. They hung out for us to get plenty of pictures/videos.Written November 2, 2023
- Awesome trip! Saw lots of whales and sea lions. Chip and Dale were very patient and informative. Highly recommend doing the excursion with them after seeing a ton of people super cramped on the other boats out there. This was a very calm experience.Written October 25, 2023
- We had an amazing time and great views of Mendenhall Glacier on the Mendenhall Lake Canoe Tour. Bryce was a terrific guide making sure to point out all the wildlife and getting us to all the best viewpoints. He was knowledgeable, personable, and passionate about what he does.Written September 27, 2023
- I cannot say enough good things about this tour and this airline!!! Do it if you can. We checked out their safety record and called a couple of times. Phone staff patiently answered all our questions. Fantastic little planes, expertly maintained, wonderful pilots and everyone was working to make sure we had a memorable and safe experience in Alaska. We had great views of the ice in May, smooth take off and landing and better food than on the Princess cruise ship. I especially enjoyed the nature walk and identifying the plants and flowers. Husband loved the history of the lodge and getting to ride in the copilot's seat. Such a fantastic trip we can't stop talking about it 6 months later.Written December 6, 2023
- I've done it in Vegas, and Reno. I just so happened to be in Juneau Alaska this September, and this was the only place. It's cool. Lots of stuffed animals, and a great selection of used guns for sale. It was like a museum in there. The guy behind the counter was cool and showed me some Garand looking thing and a Vietnam full auti M-16. Pretty tight. Their full-1uto rental selection wasn't super huge, but there were some good ones. They don't have a BAR anymore, or an M-14, which were at the top of my list, but they had a UMP-45. That was nice. It looks good in pictures and it's fun to shoot. Two mags of 25 were a 100 bucks, and the Alaskan Lebowski down in the range fills up the same mag 2 for you. So there's a delay between mags. I blasted the target full of holes, shot some phone video, took some pictures and was out of there in like half an hour. You have to watch a safety video and sign a release. Overall I recommend it if you want to shoot some full-auto while stopping there on a cruise. If your helicopter excursion gets cancelled due to bad weather, head on down there and rat-tat-tat-tat-tat.Written September 24, 2019
- We loved our whale watching trip with Captain Lee and Libby. They made sure we had an awesome time and had plenty of opportunities to view and experience many whales. Would return in a minute!Written October 10, 2023
- We went on the Tatiana in Sotka, AL. Saw whales, sea lions, eagles, and sea otters. Elanya was our naturalist and did a great job. Definitely recommend!Written September 26, 2023
- Best experience I’ve ever had 😊 We couldn’t wipe the smiles off our faces all day.
Now it’s a wonderful memory I will never forget.
We worth doingWritten November 10, 2023
- We had seen a glacier before from a large boat and thought it was nice. So we had second thoughts about going on a helicopter & climbing. Seeing how large the glacier is was spectacular! The views were amazing, I literally had to hold my jaw closed. I was scared I would fall on the ice, but the guide stayed close by me and we took our time. Luckily I was with friends and they were understanding of my balance issues & just being clumsy. I would go again and I wouldn't be afraid. Do not miss this once in a life time opportunity.Written September 19, 2022