Speciality Museums • Historic Sites
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- A wonderful presentation of Alaska. You start with indigenous groups, move to Russian and other early explorers, and then on to the US acquisition and statehood. A changing exhibit keeps the museum fresh.Written September 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were so happy we took the time to go to the hatchery. If is very nicely set up and very interesting. Be sure to watch the video in the visitor center.Written August 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I took my dad on this tour when he came to visit me in Juneau, and we LOVED it. Getting picked up and dropped off downtown makes it very convenient, we learned a lot about the mining history of Juneau, and had the best time panning for gold at the end of the tour. A really worthwhile tour, run by a great group of people.Written May 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Juneau is packed when Cruise ships are in port, however a stop here for a beer is definitely worth it. Quaint brewery with some great beer selections. The Alaskan Amber Ale was our favorite. Lots of history here also.Written August 28, 2023
- I believe we paid $5 to enter. There aren’t many artifacts but we loved the video about the gold rush in Juneau. Short of the video there wasn’t much to see.Written September 19, 2023
- For the most part, you see kind of the same things in shops around town, but in the shop here the items are more unique and feel more curated. It can be more expensive, but you are looking at artisan made goods and will pay accordingly. Worth a visit.Written September 9, 2023
- We visit the Capitol of every state we visit so Juneau was no different. While most states take great pride in their state capitols, Alaska does not. And for good reason. This is prolly one of the most ordinary capitols you will find. It is a plain brick office building. It is one of the more open capitols around. There is someone at the front desk with a tour map but you are told to look around wherever you want. For what they have to work with, the building is nicely done. The legislative chambers are quite small compared to most other states. This would certainly not rate near the top of the capitols that we have visited.Written June 24, 2023
- What a find! Tucked away on a side street a couple of blocks away from the tourist traffic, it is worth the effort to find this brewery. We were the only tourists there.
We tried a flight and really enjoyed them all. Our favorite——English barley wine aged in apple brandy barrels.
Staff friendly and funnyWritten October 5, 2022
- A moment of solitude if visited after all the tour buses leave. Salmon were running and we were blessed with a black bear fishing in the creek.Written August 24, 2022
- Great gallery and opportunity to purchase art and items from local artists. Lots of things to look over, from jewelry, shirts with original designs, and lots more.Written September 9, 2023
- This organization is the heartbeat of Juneau arts and cultural activities, the organizers give their heart into it. It makes living here that much more enticing to be here to partake in its many things, music performances, performing arts, social-political issues.
One regular activity is first Friday of each month is a calendar of things taking place downtown 1630-1900.
The facility is available for renting for your function. Currently, they are securing financing to create a New JACC facility to be bigger and better facility than it currently is. This has served it's community well.Written September 16, 2019
- Considering all the cheap tourist stores in Juneau selling made in Indonesia totem poles, it is a true delight to visit Crystal and Rico Worl’s store which sells clothing, jewelry and gifts designed by these two talented artists. They are truly beautiful.Written September 28, 2019
- The Juneau library is extremely convenient//right downtown, near the tram. Cheerful, airy, very welcoming and helpful. The architecture outside is delightful; helps to make Juneau more fun. Nice garden areas.Written June 22, 2022
- Doors are open during the day and this would be a nice stop while investigating Juneau on foot. The church is beautiful inside with brightly colored windows telling various stories from the life of Jesus. This is down the street from the Orthodox church, so seeing both is easy.Written September 19, 2022
- It is a very intimate setting (small, very close to the stage) but some how that makes you feel more a part of the action. A great place to catch a well produced play in Juneau.Written July 2, 2019