What travelers are saying
- We had an amazing time and great views of Mendenhall Glacier on the Mendenhall Lake Canoe Tour. Bryce was a terrific guide making sure to point out all the wildlife and getting us to all the best viewpoints. He was knowledgeable, personable, and passionate about what he does.Written September 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- From the moment we were picked up Aleisha (very cool bus driver) and taken to the launch with Captain Paul and Naturalist Beth, the adventure had begun! An easy motor out to where the whales were, about 12 people on board, marvellous weather and visibility and about a dozen whales came to join us! Beth was clearly in her element, and helped inform what was going on. When someone dropped a wrapper overboard, Captain Paul took the time to chase it down to retrieve it - symptomatic of the care they have. On the way to the Mendenhall Glacier, Aleisha regaled with local tales and colour. Highly recommended for everyone! Gunalcheesh!Written September 22, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If whale watching is a high priority excursion for you on your Alaskan trip, I cannot overstate what an amazing trip this was and how you HAVE to book with Alaska Humpback Adventures. Captain Steve was so knowledgeable and clearly very passionate about showing people Alaska and the whales in Juneau. He had so much knowledge to share and went above and beyond trying to get us as many sighting as possible.
We were incredible lucky during our trip and saw 8 whales, harbor seals, eagles, and a sea lion chomping on a salmon that came right up to us. Steve was the first captain to spot Sasha and her new calf while we were out there (see photos) and, incredibly, Sasha came up for air about ten feet from our boat. One of the most amazing experiences of my life.Written October 18, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Captain Larry was fantastic. Loved his energy and he was so great with everyone, from my 10 year old child to my 70+ year old parentsWritten August 11, 2023
- The excursion to Pack Creek to view the brown bears was the absolute highlight of our trip to Juneau late May. We didn’t think it could get any better than the breathtaking views of wild Alaska as we flew on Ward air to the bear island but my expectations were beyond exceeded. From the moment we arrived to the viewing area we saw multiple grizzly bears. There were cubs wrestling near their mom, large males walking along the edge of the forest and digging for clams on the beach. It was absolutely amazing to be immersed in their habitat. Our guide, Peter, is extremely knowledgeable about the area and we felt very safe with his guidance. The bears had absolutely no interest in us and we felt confident in Peter’s knowledge of following the rules of respect towards these majestic animals. We decided to add an on an extension to our return trip to fly over the glacier ice fields, also something not to be missed. The vastness and beauty of this place is truly stunning. So if you’re considering this trip, do it! You won’t regret it. You only live once and this is a once in lifetime experience.Written November 10, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Juneau
- These are the best places for groups seeking eco tours in Juneau:See more eco tours for groups in Juneau on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous eco tours in Juneau:See more adventurous eco tours in Juneau on Tripadvisor