13 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Seeing the glacier and Nugget falls was wonderful although we were supposed to have 1.5 hours to see everything but we ended up with under an hour. Bus had to wait to park and traffic had slowed us down.
Time was too short to hike to Nugget Falls but did take a walk on Steep Creek Trail and saw the salmon running. The Tram ride was not the best. 25 minutes waiting in line to get on. Everyone was crammed in there and if you were in the middle it was harder to see. Not much to do at the top unless you like to hike. Took a small hike up another hill and had some wonderful views. The line to go back down on the tram was also very long. Alot of people got to the top and then got back in line to go back down. over 50 minutes in line took up most of your time. If you have any issues with balance or walking I would not suggest doing any hiking at the top of the tram ride.Written September 12, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Maria provided a ride last minute when Lyft and Uber fell through. Our early morning ride from Douglas to the airport was cheaper than Lyft. Maria arrived early and is passionate about her community. I highly, HIGHLY recommend Alaska Taxi & Tours!!Written October 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our original plan for visiting the Mendenhall Glacier was to use public transit. Due to construction the bus stop had moved and the bus was running late and taking it would have meant that we would have to wait even longer to catch the connecting bus. We decided to bite the bullet and call a cab. The service was great. Getting a cab for 5 wasn't an issue. When we were ready to be picked up, the driver was able and willing to do so. Should have called sooner.Written August 30, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We rode the 6 passenger vessel with Captain Graham at the helm. He was knowledgeable, enthusiastic and helpful. The whales decided to cooperate that evening as well and we were treated to an Orca sighting as well as a Humpback breach. The boat has both covered and uncovered options and there was hydration and light snacks available if needed. If you are going to whale watch, I highly recommend this experience over the cattle ship cruisers we could see on the water at the same time.Written July 14, 2022
- John helped transport my friends and I to Haines when we were in a last minute pinch. He was professional, very friendly, provided excellent service, and had a great boat.Written August 24, 2022
- You can’t go wrong with this team. Our driver met us after we flew in from the east coast. We were beat, he was punctual. The vehicle was immaculate and comfortable. He knew the local area which provided good background as well as getting us to our hotel ahead of all the other cruise passengers on our flight. If we ever make it back, we will go straight here, but we won’t be back for a while, so that opens a spot for you!Written September 9, 2023
- We took a different charter service to mendenhall glacier, but while waiting in line one of the M&M drivers started being rude to the people in line for the return bus. There were passengers for several different services all in the same line for return. She exited her bus and proceeded to call the other people in line idiots and that they were rude. After she was done with that she left many of her own passengers behind as she didn’t even attempt to make sure her customers were on the bus.Written June 29, 2022
- Our favorite part of the trip was that Sid (our guide) really made an effort to get us to see whales every minute of the trip. We saw around 3 hump whale one with his baby and killer whales! Which are super fast! It was an amazing experience and with all the excitement we didn't even got seasick. It was really worth it!Written July 17, 2022
- We spent 6 nights/7 days aboard the Alaskan Legend over the 4th of July, and the experience did not disappoint. We saw brown bears, humpback whales, orcas, glaciers, ate fresh dungeness crab out of the boat's pots, enjoyed beach bonfires, and ate/drank/slept like royalty. Recently updated, the boat is beautiful, the captain and crew pleasant and knowledgeable, and we cannot say enough about the quality of our experience. Note: we had our 18 month old with us, and the boat was super safe for him to run around on.Written July 6, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Juneau
- These are the best places for kid-friendly transportation in Juneau:See more transportation for kids in Juneau on Tripadvisor