- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
155 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 155
What travelers are saying
- I spent about 5 hours in the park, hiked to the glacier lake and up the Alpine trail, both nice hikes, the latter one goes steeply up through overgrown trail and nice views. I took the 10am ride, so not too many people on the trails, but when we were leaving, the glacier lake was quite busy. I definitely want to come back and do more hikes.Written September 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I totally lost all space and time when I visited as you are in the ost magificent pace on earth surrounded by glaciers, Katemack Bay, otters floating by, fishing vessels, working Ferry, water taxi's, sea planes, tranquility, spouts from whales, the finest sunsets I felt at peace and truly did not want to leave.
You are surrounded by magesty. If people would come to visit it will change your life for the better. Get out and see this place just a 45 minute flight fom Anchorage you are in a diferent world where I was in my own world and never looked at a calendar or phone just pure beauty.Written September 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Exhibits are extremely well done. Worth a visit. Nice path down to the water. Staff is very friendly and helpful.Written August 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Learning more about the history of Homer and the area. Excellent displays and documentaries. We enjoyed the nature walk as well.Written June 18, 2022
- We had a guided nature walk with Sarahlily at inspiration ridge. She was very knowledgeable and the property was gorgeous. It was a low key enjoyable experience to walk thru a beautiful property with lovely views. The price was right also. For a chill experience with no hype and just lots of trees and lawn and views across the bay and down to the city of Homer, definitely recommend.Written September 4, 2022
- Beautiful beach. The coolest place to see tide pools. We spent hours walking up and down the beach and looking at all the new discoveries as the tide went out. A highlight of our time in Homer.Written July 21, 2022
- This is a wonderful gallery hidden away near Anchor Point. The art work is beautifully displayed. If you are in the area, stop in and take an hour to browse. On request, they will let you go into Norman's studio. It is fascinating.Written July 8, 2022
- We took the Seldovia Ferry on a day trip to visit Seldovia. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The ferry was spotlessly clean.Written September 12, 2022
- Excellent and courtesy staff. Highly recommend the wine testing samplers. If you do not like sweet wines (I don't) this may not be your cup of tea.Most of their wines are produced from non grape fruits. I enjoyed the time because I like to try new things and in this case something I usually do not consume. We had great conversations with the staff and learned a lot about their Winery. It also a small quaint inn with 4 or 5 rooms you can stay in.Written August 10, 2022
- We booked a tour with Stellavera, one of the Kilcher daughters. It was a one-hour tour that included lot of prep instructions, phone texting and directions to the homestead. Ours was a small group with just one other family who were staying at one of the homes on the property available as a B&B. We already had reservations in Homer or we would have definitely considered that, so if you are considering Homer as a stop then look into staying at the Homestead. The tour with Stellavera was good, and was focused much on her Mother and her role in the homestead which is not covered much on the TV series. Payment is in cash at the end of the guided tour, which we didn't know but luckily had enough to pay! Our tour ended up being close to two hours and it included an after tour free-rein walk around the grounds which we thoroughly enjoyed. As we got back to our car Otto Kilcher rode up on an ATV; he stopped to talk and offer picture opportunities. He was as genuine as shown on the series, and even offered one of the children on the tour a ride on his ATV. All-in-all this tour is a good experience and well worth the time to make this a part of your Homer visit, especially for those who have watched some or all of the episodes.Written June 24, 2021
- Such an amazing and innovative family. Their artwork is inspiring, their drive enviable!! A must seeWritten September 8, 2022
- This gallery is AWESOME!!! They have a wonderful selection of items from local artists! If you miss this you are missing out!!! There was locally dyed yarn - bought some!! Fun totes made from t-shirts - bought one!! A good selection of beautiful glass decorative items and jewelry. Artwork in different mediums - bought some!! There really is something beautiful for everyone!!
There is an excellent variety, something for everyone , and the prices are very reasonable.
It is easy to find and definitely worth stopping and shopping!Written September 13, 2022
- Great tasting Beer. My favorite was the Summer Time Rye. I usually like dark beers, but was not too fond of the Belgian Noir. That being said, I don't usually like Bitters, but the Broken Birch Best Bitter was really good!!Written August 27, 2022
- Very good beer in a town with a surprising amount of restaurants and bars. The staff was delightful and offered great suggestions. The smoked salmon and marionberry jam was some of the best food I've eaten in any brewery. Highly recommended, especially if the weather is nice enough to sit outside while enjoying your beers.Written August 2, 2022
- This may be the best visitor center we've been to. The staff are extremely helpful and knowledgable. It is obvious that they love their town. Their enthusiasm rubbed off on us!Written July 20, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Homer
Homer Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||12,947|
|Number of Photos||11,002|
|Local Time||Monday 8:47 PM|