Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
15 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- The plaza itself is worth a visit, but do be sure to also walk down the pedestrian walkway. As you continue walking, you can find some beautiful historic buildings (turn right down another pedestrian only walkway after leaving Palza de Cultura). There are a number of small cafés and eateries to try all around the area. Do not go at night. By day, just be cautious as you would in any large city.Written September 14, 2021
- We stopped in a little before noon on a weekday and a service was underway. We didn’t stay long but were able to see the beautiful stained glass windows.Written January 16, 2020
- Directly opposite Cathedral. Concrete structure in middle. Many locals resting and socializing. Worth a walk walk through since close to Csthedral.Written February 24, 2022
- Nice assortment of typical shops and restaurants that you would expect in a city Chinatown. Very nice park with statue of John Lennon across from a beautiful church that is worth visiting! Rated a 3 because many of the businesses seamed closed? However, worth a walk throughWritten May 19, 2022
- Worth a stop en route to the markets. A busy street with lots of cars - walking may we’ll be quicker than a cab. Sculptures are a good interesting distraction to walk around.Written April 13, 2019
- There is a huge variety of shop s, street sellers as well as cafes and restaurants in this pedestrianised area. While walking along there is a fantastic opportunity to people watch.Written April 7, 2018
- We came across this area while looking for a different landmark. My friends and I took photos but there area isn't a must see.Written February 23, 2020
- Took the train to Cartago for a short visit. Inexpensive way to get to other parts of Costa Rica. A very nice art exhibit of water colors in the cities community center.Written March 6, 2020
- The lovely monument of Juan Mora Fernandez is in the middle of a plaza in his name and is paved and was very busy.Written March 27, 2018
- When you walk up or down the steps within the Jade Museum you overlook this plaza. It has an interesting layout with many steps within the plaza.Written January 15, 2020
- According to a city guide It is regarded as a very important plaza of course with the building that it is in front of: Tribunal Supremo de Elecciones. It came into existence after the decision was taken to abolish the army. Disputes will be decided by elections. To ensure they are free and fair tribunals were founded. This is the supreme one. The 'plaza' is just 30m wide and 100m in length across the street from the West side of the Parque Nacional.Written February 24, 2017
- This place is an oasis! Beautiful garden and a main room like grandmas livingroom. Lots of space to relax and hide from the world. The coffee and cake have been really good and the other food smelled delicious.
I checked the galerie as well, but mayor highlight was the Café ;)Written February 23, 2016
its a real estates, we search your home, your house, pent house, lot, land building, apartment for living in Costa Rica, or simply if you want to invest in Costa Rica we give you options.
ITS A REAL ESTATES PLACE
CONTACT US (506) 72492091Written February 24, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about San Jose