- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
37 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 37
What travelers are saying
- So neat to see what locals have to offer. There were food options (2 food trucks and quite a few booths), plenty of drink options, clothing, earrings, etc. Everything felt very safe and everyone was super friendly.Written July 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not a place for bargains or a lot of fresh produce - but lots of other things for sale. Big for the size of the town, and in a nice shady park. Wish we'd waited and gotten breakfast there.Written May 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I loved my new papaya con leche sandals, and the attention is spectacular, I love that if you buy a dress and it needs a fit, they fix it right there. ThanksWritten September 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Extraordinarily talented artist and super sweet! Definitely stop in and see her! From clothing to jewelry and neat handpainted Tamarindo art. I love my rotunda painting!Written January 28, 2021
- What amazing and unique jewelry! Everything is handmade and you can tell the craftsmanship that went into them. They all were made from shells, stones, etc., including fossils. They had items made from mother-of-pearl, oyster shells, etc.
I ended up purchasing two necklaces and I can’t be happier.Written August 6, 2022
- Trish was referred by the house manager of our rental house in Tamarindo. She came to the villa and worked with our four grandchildren ages 10-13 to create unique metal jewelry necklaces - each with their own design. They used lots of tools under her guidance and all said it was one of their favorite activities. She was very patient and great with all of the kids and sent me pictures afterward. I would highly recommend using her for a fun activity that didn't require a long car trip.Written July 12, 2022
- Great shoping . Friendly staff. Good prices.I even found 2 pairs of sandales that fit me . Size 10. Beautiful. jewelry. Super experience.!Written February 22, 2022
- I am glad I stopped in as they have some unique items. I bought a lovely bag that’s handmade and of high quality. I sent my sister a photo and she wanted one but didn’t have another similar. The owner has an Etsy store as well.
Definitely stop in and buy something that not everyone else will have!Written August 6, 2022
- I love this shop! It is by far the best shop in Tamarindo and the best I found on my travels through Costa Rica. I kept going back to the store to look again and always noticed something new. I visited 3 times in 5 days.
I bought several gorgeous and reasonably priced jewelry items created from the seed of a palm tree. I also bought several beautiful wood items that were exquisitely crafted and very reasonably priced.
The owner is a very gentle, helpful woman who shared information about the area and was genuinely kind. She very carefully wrapped all of my purchases for travel.
This store exemplifies "Pura Vida" and celebrates the art and artists of Costa Rica!Written May 31, 2022
- My sister an me took this three hours pottery class by Arbin. 2 hours on one day, on the day after.
You get to choose a piece of Arbin's work as inspiration or model and he helps you to form it. Absolutely beginner friendly and a lot of fun. Arbin is very helpful and super easy to talk to. Pottery is super relaxing and we enjoyed the class very much.
If you want to get in touch with locals, do something relaxing and be creative this is the place for you.
Thank you Arbin and take care :-)Written May 16, 2021
- This trendy boutique is located just steps from Tamarindo Beach. I love the beach theme carried throughout this shop. It's decorated with mermaids, shells, etc. You can find resort clothing for your beach vacation, accessories, jewelry, and not your typical tourist souvenirs here. The clothes are very well-made, colorful, and unique. I visited this shop on our last day in Tamarindo and wished that I had found it sooner.Written March 9, 2020
- Awesome surf shop with plenty of boards, surf supplies (fins, leashes, etc), art, and souvenirs to pick from. It's worth the short drive out of Tamarindo to visit this gem.Written May 2, 2021
- We bought a home last year in Brasilito and in Oct 2021 we were looking for some colorful paintings to brighten up our home with scenes of local flora and fauna. We found exactly what we were looking for at the Tamarindo Art Gallery's kiosk in downtown Tamarindo. We fell in love with the style and the colors of their oil paintings. We bought a dozen small-medium size painting and one larger one. The owners, Sergio and Meriela, were very helpful and couldn't be nicer. This morning, we just bought 4 large oil painting of macaws, toucans and quetzel. We highly recommend if you are looking for beautiful original oil paintings to brighten up your place for a reasonable price. Thank you Sergio and Mariela!Written May 9, 2022
- Stopped by and picked up a beautiful Stingray wallet as a gift for myself. Great place for a unique gift beyond all the tourist shops.Written June 24, 2018
- This shop is located on the main strip in Tamarindo (Shops at Diria Hotel) and has an excellent lay out with a lot of body products that are made locally or with locally sourced ingredients. The service is friendly, Jenny and Juan helped me - I went in a few times and bought a lot of great products to take home with me. My favorite being the local chocolate bars (Himalayan sea salt), colloidal silver gel, and Palo Santo sticks. You must check this spot out when you’re in town and looking for natural remedies. Gracias !Written December 29, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Tamarindo
- These are the best hidden gems for shopping in Tamarindo:See more hidden gem shopping in Tamarindo on Tripadvisor