Bar, Club & Pub Tours • Scuba & Snorkelling
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
12 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- I have been to Tamarindo a few times now and every time I have to go on the beach and pool crawl! It’s definitely the most fun you will have while staying in Tamarindo! You meet at Sharky’s with a welcome shot, mingle and then jump on a school bus and are taken to 3 different spots. The first spot has the most beautiful view over the surrounding areas from an infinity pool! It’s incredible! The second is at a beach bar where you can play volleyball and swim and the third is another beach bar with a bonfire where you watch sunset and then dance like crazy! Now it’s time for the journey home which is my favourite part! The party really comes to life here with music and dancing on the bus, so much fun! I want to thank Dan and Dani so much for always putting on an amazing day and making so many people happy!Written January 4, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were glad to find this bar to be able to watch the NFL playoff games. Decent finger foods and drink selections for a sports bar. The atmosphere was really relaxing and warming.Written January 25, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great beach bar. This is where night life starts for most locals and beach goers. The bar is very casual with an open indoor atmosphere. There is a DJ there on Friday and Saturday. You will need a mask to get in but once inside it is not needed unless you choose to wear one.Written January 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Awesome music, great owners and staff. El Garito's is the hot spot of Costa Rica! The owners and staff are fluent in spanish and english, very friendly and welcoming to all. If your looking for a fun, safe and friendly environment El Garito's is the place!!!
Returned for another visit. El Garito's is better then ever! Something new, fun and exciting with every return. The owners are always upgrading and provide new exciting entertainment! Put El Garito's on your to do list, you will not be disappointed! Fun, exciting, the night life of Tamarindo! Thank you to all the staff and owners for a great time. See you soon!!Written July 25, 2019
- Amazing time!!!! So many fun drinking games! The bar crawl is the best! The live music is worth checking out! During high season they have the best live music!Written August 11, 2016
- Contrary to other reviews here, this club only seems to be open on Friday nights. $4 entrance fee (which entitles you to a free drink) and an endless stairwell, you’re in. My friend and I are 2 “mature” UK women who love dancing and found that although the crowd was mostly 20 & 30 somethings it did not matter what age we were. We felt right at home. There were 2 bands in 2 separate areas playing a selection of salsa, merengue, reggaeton, cumbia and bachata (not at the same time) and there were enough good dancers to keep our salsa feet satisfied. Ladies, be aware that 21st century western attitudes regarding the sexes do NOT prevail here; you will be hit on and hands will wander. Other than that, super fun!Written January 27, 2018
- On my second night in Tamarindo, I met a couple of people, who were visiting the town for the third time, and they suggested the Higher Ground, as a starting point for the evening. When I entered, I thought i was at a local rooftop bar in NY. They have a dart board, pool tables, and a card table. If you're interested in having a game night with beer, pizza (was excellent), and music..The Higher Ground is your place.Written May 13, 2015
- Stopped here for a quick bite and drinks after a day of ATV'ing. We sat on the beach on a few lounge chairs, and enjoyed some Guaro Sour cocktails. We also ordered the Shrimp & Seafood Ceviche (which was a very generous portion, so fresh) and the Shrimp Tacos which were phenomenal! Definitely worth the stop if you're in the area. Great views of Tamarindo Beach, especially for sunset.Written September 8, 2022
- I've lived in Tamarindo for 7 years, and this is the first and only place dedicated for the LGBTQ community (everyone is of course welcome). Every Friday and Saturday night they have drag shows.
I love this place because it's open air, the DJ is always picking a variety of musical genres so I never get bored. The staff is very friendly :)
Drinks are a bit pricey, but I don't mind as they offer something unique in this province and they're always so nice and welcomingWritten February 12, 2022
- i love the coffe costa rica, the girl is very professional and the languages very flued excelent the service and the productWritten February 18, 2013
Frequently Asked Questions about Tamarindo
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nightlife in Tamarindo:See more budget-friendly nightlife in Tamarindo on Tripadvisor