Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- On a dirt road you get to paradise. Recommend 4x4. Laid back vibe. Only a few restaurants one high end Italian and a few local. Spectacular views.Written June 11, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's the slow season, but it's still a busy beach. We love just watching the waves, but the vendors selling crap can be very annoying. Also you have the people asking you to pay for parking. Don't make eye contact and your good.Written September 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Carlos is an amazing teacher! I had a lesson with him last year and was able to surf many waves, much to my surprise as it was my first time surfing ever! This year, I brought my two children, ages 7 and 11, and they also had wonderful experiences learning to surf from Carlos over two lessons. He was willing to take them out in some bigger waves and I had every confidence that he could keep them safe while having an incredibly fun time. He was flexible with us on timing when conditions were different than expected. He is encouraging and helps you to build confidence, even if you are generally not super athletic. We will return and we will absolutely seek out Carlos again for our next surfing adventure.Written September 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Interesting walk around the park . Too bad that all the birds and other animals are in cages . The positive side : all cages are pretty wide with limited occupation .Written February 10, 2023
- We took a family vacation to Costa Rica and since we run a fishing charter business ourselves, we wanted to fish the local waters. Signed up for a 3/4 fishing trip with a local team and took the entire family. The guys were great and took us to some of their favorite spots. Caught all kinds of fish, made great memories, and had the best day on the water! Thank you!Written October 28, 2019
- A welcoming church with excellent Bible teaching. We were just visiting Tamarindo and would definitely go there again!Written November 18, 2022
- Good craft beer, and what made it even better was the atmosphere! On the beach without being in the sand, this was a great place to go with your shoes on!Written September 17, 2023
- My favorite yoga class I have ever taken! Helena was very accommodating and tailored the class to my own personal needs. It was apparent that she is extremely knowledgeable and she carries herself with such grace. All experience levels were welcome and practicing yoga on the beach was a great way to start/end the day. Considering going back to Tamarindo just for Helena’s class!Written August 12, 2023
- Good experience to see a few different vendors. Our daughter is almost 5 and enjoyed jumping on the trampoline and playing with the other kids around.Written September 21, 2023
- so fun! amazing bartender and music. only con is the lack of bathrooms. some cool art, nice people, good food.Written August 29, 2023
- Stunning beach. Huge waves. Be careful. We were 5ere at high tide and got knocked over by the force of the waves. They come in from three different directions.Written May 8, 2023
- For years, Natalie has been the one that go to when I need additional clarity in many aspects of life! She has a true gift of being able to see and understand the feelings and emotions that are helpful when making decisions. She has an unbelievable way of pulling it all together and bringing clarity to chaos! Her work has been instrumental in helping me understand, evolve and learn to make my own choices that I feel good about! I am SO grateful for her work and for her gift and that she is the one that I have to call on when I need that extra boost of knowledge and/or clarity to move through life's many complicated decisions! I will continue to call on her and feel blessed to know her!Written July 12, 2023
- My husband and I enjoyed the 11 different zip lines. The guides were friendly, funny and easy to understand. I even got to go upside down on one of the longest runs; what a thrill. The views were mainly of the ranch. We saw iguanas and howler monkeys. Several of the runs were very long which we enjoyed and there was little hiking between each one.Written April 2, 2018
- We were so happy to have found secluded and well kept tennis/pickle ball courts near by our hotel. They have open play in the afternoons or you can reserve a court for mornings. They have a cafe and also rent equipment. Loved it!Written August 13, 2023
- This is such a great little bookstore! The selection of children's books is amazing ---carrying Conscious Bedtime Stories and children's book by the amazing, Amy Guglielmo. I love buying books for my nieces here. In a dusty, surfer town, it's a little gem of a shop. Also Leo, the manager, is friendly & knowledgable, helping me choose just the right book. Highly recommend. Thanks Bookstore of The Waves.Written November 30, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Tamarindo
- The best day trips from Tamarindo according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Guachipelin Adventure Volcano Zipline Horseback River Tubing Combo
- Rio Celeste Hiking, Sloth Sanctuary & Llanos de Cortes Waterfall Tour
- Marlin del Rey Catamaran Snorkel Sunset Cruise from Tamarindo or Playas del Coco
- Full Day Nicaragua Tour from Costa Rica
- Hiking Tour of La Leona Waterfall with Lunch