Top Attractions in Playas del Coco
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Scuba Caribe Catamaran Sunset Tour, Coco Beach Water Taxi, & Deep Sea Fishing in Papagayo Costa RicaWant to let the people in charge know that the staff at ScubaCaribe is top notch. Camillo was very informative with all of the services your company provides for the guests at the Guanacaste Riu. He gave us an awesome price on the Catamaran Sunset tour. We liked it so much that we later purchased the water taxi to Coco Beach, and also chartered a half day fishing trip through you as well.
The Catamaran trip included snorkeling. Under water, we saw sea turtles, schools of colorful fish, and manta rays. Our guide, "Rhasta" was very informative and helpful in many ways. He took photos of us in caves that are only accessible during low tide, and was a wealth of information about the area and its many attractions. They provided all the necessary equipment, fruit, and water bottles. The Captain's name was Orlando and he did a great job as well.
Rhasta was with us again for the water taxi to Coco Beach and it was interesting to have him inform us of all the celebrities that have homes in the Papagayo Gulf, as we passed them on the way to Coco Beach. The Captain even took us into some caves so we could see all the crabs scurrying away as we pulled close. These extra things are not necessary to get you from point A to point B, but they sure were appreciated.
As for the deep sea fishing, we had 4 people, plus the Captain ("Macho"), and his first mate. To be honest, we did not catch huge fish. We opted for a less expensive trip (less than $250 for all four of us) with bottom fishing instead of trolling, but that said, every person caught more than one fish. And the crew was very helpful with tips and techniques to make sure we did not go back empty handed. We ended up keeping 4 of the dozen fish caught and took them back to the hotel for the chef to cook them up for us. All the equipment and bait were provided, and we had a great morning with these guys.Written May 28, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were grateful to find this church not too far from our hotel in Guanacaste. Took a water taxi to Playa del Coco. Went to mass then spent a bit of time in the town. Mass is at 11:00 SundayWritten April 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great store if you want to support some local artists and are looking for upgrades from some of the typical souvenir shops. I got a great pair or earrings and necklace here that were unique. Tons of art for anyone who is looking to bring home some art. Higher quality soft style tshirts. Just a nice little shop to get some quality gifts.Written August 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Rojas Bros own and run by a native family of Coco beach...Mr Rojas was a real Coco beach PIONEER
They offer a great combination of souvenirs...from the coast and from different areas of Costa RicaWritten November 15, 2018
- I've been going to church here for numerous years. God's presence is felt there every time and I'm blessed to have had so many experiences, blessings and long friendships come from being a part of this wonderful congregation. The Spanish church has grown so sweetly and big and the "gringo" church, although it grows and then gets small with the seasons, the love and connection remains.Written May 19, 2022
- This market is held once a week and it is something that my family looks forward to as the day approaches. Many fresh and healthy foods, handmade jewelry, paintings, and entertainment for the children! We will be back.Written August 29, 2017
- Seems like a place where the odds are stacked against you and the options for gaming are limited. Check the beach out instead of wasting your time hereWritten August 8, 2022
- It wasn't terribly far from the beach, but it was a dark walk down a poorly lit road at night.
I'm not easily off-put by imperfect conditions, but, at this time, this place was $75 US for a gross room in a sub-standard location. The bathroom was disgusting, cracked, dirty tub, the room smelled. The desk staff were not terribly friendly, not staffed after 8 pm, but there was a very nice night guard. I don't recommend it.Written January 1, 2016
- Our group of 12 was able to book a private morning snorkeling tour with Kuna Vela and we LOVED it! The staff kept the food and drink flowing and helped us spot lots of sea life - manta rays, dolphins, and lots of fish and urchins under the water. Our bilingual guide made a point to make sure everyone was comfortable in the water. Would book again!Written August 8, 2022
- If you have a group of 6 or less, go with Rolbin and have the best day of your vacay! From start to finish the best vacation excursion I’ve ever been on, and I’ve traveled quite a bit. Rolbin is very friendly, speaks perfect English and has a great sense of humor, but his wildlife spotting skills really set this experience apart. We lucked out and saw a mother humpback with her calf close up, pods of dolphins, a sea turtle and got to snorkel in a great spot. They bring all the gear for a great day at sea, included pool noodles for those who need it during snorkeling. He even took us up the river for a short jungle cruise and spotted a crocodile! The lunch at a secluded beach was fresh and delicious and they accommodated a gluten free option for me. The kids ages 7 and 10 agreed this was a ton of fun. Lots of refreshments, including beer and sangria and fresh fruit snack plate as well. The boat is the perfect size and has shade over the seating area, and you can get right close to shore for getting on/off easily. For having a full day with a boat to ourselves (group of 5) I thought this was very fairly priced and would recommend to families and small groups of friends for a great day seeing the beautiful Papagayo coastline.Written August 11, 2022
- Tomato was fantastic! He is extraordinarily knowledgeable, gave great hiking tours, and took us to a fabulous restaurant for lunch/dinner. The entire day was fantastic!
I highly recommend him!!Written July 6, 2022
- We took the Monteverde Cloud Forest Tour and the Palo Verde National Park tours with Gerson and Randall. Both guides were outstanding, very knowledgeable and informative. Excellent company to spend a couple of days with. The vans were clean and comfortable. Wouldn't hesitate to book with Shaman again.Written July 13, 2022
- We have just come back from a fantastic holiday in Costa Rica. Memo made sure it was perfect. We booked 3 trips with him before travelling from England based on his reputation. With over 25 years in the business, we were not disappointed.
His commitment to ensuring every tour is the best it can be is second to none. The tours are very personal and adapted to your requirements. My wife has difficulty walking and he ensured this wouldn't be a problem by making everything as easy as possible for her. We would highly recommend the 3 tours we went on. 1. Sloths nature preserve rain forest walk & waterfall swimming. 2. The Palo river boat tour where you can get up close to nature such as monkeys and crocodiles. 3. Buena Vista tour which includes a water slide, 7 zip lines, culture demonstrations and a geothermal spa visit. Memo ensures you see the real Costa Rica with authentic meals and other extras you simply wouldn't get on a larger group tour. If you want to see the Real Costa Rica, don't hesitate to use Memo for your tours. We certainly hope to come again!Written August 11, 2022
- Summer salt was an amazing dive experience, small group / great service / top notch outfit & gear.
We took the boat to Isla Murcielago for bull shark dive & they made it a wonder bubble blowing day.Written August 12, 2022
- My husband and I had an amazing time on our jet ski tour! We explored the coast line, visited beautiful beaches and sea caves, and saw ocean wildlife like tropical fish, stingrays and sea turtles. Jorge met with us before and after our tour and we chatted for almost an hour about some of the other amazing adventures he offers through his company. We can’t wait to tour with Jorge’s company again!
Leigh & Brandon Cassell
Ontario, CanadaWritten July 31, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Playas del Coco
- The best day trips from Playas del Coco according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Guachipelin Adventure Volcano Zipline Horseback River Tubing Combo
- Rio Celeste Hiking, Sloth Sanctuary & Llanos de Cortes Waterfall Tour
- Full Day Nicaragua Tour from Costa Rica
- Miravalles Volcano and Waterfalls from Playa Hermosa
- Rain forest, Wild life, Waterfall and Chocolate Private Tour