Top Attractions in La Cruz
What travelers are saying
- Beautiful, clean, soft sand beach close to Dreams Las Mareas. Amazing sunset and view of the natural landscape. Would have been 5 if 5 if the water was warm enough to wade into.Written March 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good spot for kite surfing ! Strong winds ! Not crowded. Warm temperature and water. We higly recommand the restaurant El Mirador up the hill , only 5 minutes walking.Written March 15, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The beach is a beautiful light-brown colored beach which allows you to get the best out of nature as it is secluded and free of visitors. There are no houses or stores close by so you will need to take anything you need with you.Written August 27, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful maintained farm shows local trees and plants. Features a wood and ceramic workshop and a nursery.Written December 13, 2014
- We made a short visit and did not explore all of the beach. There's a road leading all the way down to the beach but it can be a bit trickier to navigate than other beaches nearby. You'll do fine without a 4X4 though.
The beach as far as we could see was mainly covered with rocks and shells. Not a place to run around barefoot. Besides this the place is most likely not well visited due to several other more known beaches close by and a bi smaller road leading down to the beach.
Well worth a look if nearby.Written August 25, 2019
- As we were only in Costa Rica for one week (me, my wife and two boys, 11 and 14) staying at Dreams las Mareas having flown in from the UK, we wanted to get as much from a day excursion as possible. I found Yeudy on Trip Advisor and did my due diligence, reading the reviews and checking with the Costa Rica tourist board to see that he is approved by them (he is), and also viewing his website and Facebook page. Once I was satisfied he was what we were looking for, I began communicating with Yeudy via WhatsApp months before our departure. He was fantastic! Timely voice messages responding to my queries, however inane they were, and never pressured for payment. He picked us up from Dreams at 7am with his driver David in a fully air conditioned mini bus with seat belts. Snacks and drinks were provided, and we did the Bebedero River Tour, Sloth encounter and Hanging Bridges. We had a lovely authentic lunch up in the mountains and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the experience. We saw: Sloths, crocodiles, toucans, iguanas, red eyed and poison dart frogs, Jesus Christ Lizards, capuchin and howler monkeys, humming birds and other things I've lost track of. Yeudy was able to educate and entertain in good measure, showing an excellent rapport with our two boys. He even looked up the football scores for us! Although you can no doubt get a cheaper deal from vendors on the beach, the tour (private - just our family of four on the minibus) that lasted from 7am - 8:30pm was worth every penny (or dollar). Pura Vida Yeudy - and thank you!Written August 21, 2022
- We came a few days ago for the horseback riding experience and had a wonderful time. Popeye was our guide and he was so friendly and genuine. We were paired with another group who tired about ¾ of the way through the tour and Popeye was kind enough to route all of us back to the rach so they could rest and then took myself and my fianceé back out to get our full time on the horses. He always checked to see how everyone was feeling. He also guided us to an area where monkeys played in the trees above our heads as we rode! This was just one of many experiences where we got to do something fun but also made a great personal connection during our stay in Costa Rica.Written May 23, 2022
- These guys are located at the Nandel beach resort and have fantastic equipment and great instructors. Highly recommended.Written January 23, 2022
- Ozzy made our honeymoon so memorable! It’s me and my husbands first time in Costa Rica and he provided us relevant, informational knowledge on the history of his beautiful country as well as the surrounding areas we passed. CANNOT RECOMMEND OZZY ENOUGH!!!! We booked airport shuttles (to & from Dreams Las Mareas) and 3 excursions with him; ATV Tour, Snorkeling, & Buena Vista Mega Combo Adventure. He was so personable, very knowledgeable about the area & fauna, and made sure to be on the lookout for wildlife for us! He was great with communication and always arrived early. We had so many great conversations and a lot of common ground! Ozzy felt more like a friend then a tour guide by the end of the airport shuttle to Dreams, which truly made the rest of the excursions so much more amazing.Written September 9, 2022
- I can't say enough about the quality of the instructors and the school overall. Damian will go out of his way to help and Andres was patient, knowledgeable creating a safe and effective lesson. Thanks to Lucie as well for helping with all the other details of our stay!Written March 27, 2021
- Like an idiot I crashed my kite on to the beach the first day of my trip to Bahia Salinas. They had it fixed by the next morning and for only $30!!!Written April 17, 2019
- We did a custom private tour out of the W hotel. It was awesome. Carlos was our guide and Edgar our driver. We saw water falls, Monkeys and Sloth. Carlos was very informative and a joy to be with all day. No question was a bother to Carlos. We really enjoyed our tour!Written July 17, 2022
- We did 2 full day trips through Ulf collected and dropped of at Dreams resort. Both private trips for the 8 of us.
First one was sloth and waterfall tour which was great, our driver Raymond and guide Maria were brilliant. Lunch stop was great too.
Second one was the mega combo tour. Again excellent from start to finish. Driver Emilio and guide Oscar were fabulous.
Couldn’t recommend Ulf and his team enough.Written September 9, 2022
- Our group had an amazing time with Mr. Wright Adventures! We had almost 20 people for an ATV excursion. They were on time and provided the best care. Some of us also jet ski’d! Wright and his team provided great fun.Written December 4, 2022
- I had a lovely time out at Finca los Wilas.
I spent about 4 hours on a beautiful rainforest walk through the property.
In addition to the many acres of natural rainforest Andres has planted plants and trees on the outskirts of the rainforest area that attract specific types of birds and animals. He has plenty of binoculars and a very keen eye for the wildlife around him.
Andres was very knowledgeable and so much fun to spend time with. I would return in a heartbeat.Written April 6, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about La Cruz
- The best day trips from La Cruz according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Cathedral Waterfall Hot Springs Adventure Rincon de la Vieja from Las Mareas
- Mangrove - Sloths & City Tour
- Blue River Hot Springs Adventure in Rincon de la Vieja from Dreams Las Mareas
- Full-Day Arenal Volcano and Rain Forest Tour from Guanacaste
- Full Day Mega Combo Adventure
- The most popular things to do in La Cruz with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in La Cruz on Tripadvisor
La Cruz Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 1:10 PM|