- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
11 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Speciality & Gift Shops
What travelers are saying
- Beautiful wood work and paintings. Gallery was welcoming and clean. We bought two paintings and a small wood hummingbird.Written January 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Wonderful little gallery with great art by local artists. My wife and I purchased a nice piece and had it shipped. This was originally a poor review but I am not modifying the review. We purchased the art during our trip and was told we would receive an email with tracking and would see the painting days after our return home. Instead there was no email and no painting for 3 weeks. We had assumed we were duped and wasted $800. Alas the painting eventually arrived. Our worry would have been prevented had we been able to contact them which isn't possible (their phone does't work and no email is given) and/or had we been told it would take several weeks or an email sent. Thus while we loved this little gallery, I would suggest being careful and at least having a conversation with the staff if having art shipped. Get their contact information and have a way to contact them after your purchase.Written April 12, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I was looking to kill time when I booked this painting/art class. It turned out to be so much fun. Erian speaks great English so it isn't just Spanish like the advertisement said. You pick what piece you would like to make and you transform what was once garbage into a beautiful piece of art. I wish I had more time to do another. I will definitely go back with family and friends to paint again. Erian also has beautiful hand painted souvenirs of his own that you can buy and which I did buy as well as my own.
His enthusiasm for the art is contagious and I'm not an artsy person at all. Thanks for a great experience and such a fun day!!! I will be seeing you again.Written July 6, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- There are a lot of souvenir shops in La Fortuna but nothing like Galeria Estudio. My husband and I visited Galeria Estudio specifically looking for art by local artists, and we were not disappointed. From paintings to sculptures to gorgeous handmade jewelry, this shop is full of wonderful, reasonably priced pieces that helped us bring the beauty of Costa Rica back home with us. We spent a good deal of time in the shop and credit the gallery’s shopkeeper with helping us to find wonderful treasures to bring home.Written October 4, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We visited Leo and Marisol on Dec 28 2020 and had a very nice visit. They day unfortunately was rainy and we were on a schedule to Ciudad de Quesada or we would have stayed longer. We purchased Tucan, Flamingo and Sloth rubber tire planters and brought them back to Canada with us. Such a pleasant couple, do not miss visiting them if you are in this area, they have a great many gift, craft and art wares to sell.
Thank you!Written January 13, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Loved the dogs and animals, great atmosphere! Vibey asf. I also really liked the tapestry’s which they have hung up all around the shopWritten January 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.