Ferries/ Boats in Shanghai
THE BEST Shanghai Ferries
Ferries in Shanghai
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Dongchang road ferryThis is such a cheap and easy way to cross the river and even though you only have windows, the views are really great. Note that there are limited seats and you may need to wait a while for the Ferry to complete its roundabout tripWritten November 2, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I really enjoy the cruise... It was worth it. However the waiting dock was not sterile from smokers despite the non smoking signs everywhere. Spend the 1 hour evening here and enjoy Shanghai.Written June 16, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have just returned from a cruise on Holland America Westerdam that started with an overnight stay in Shanghai. We travelled to Shanghai 3 days before and stayed in central Shanghai. We expected that the overnight stay on the ship would be a high lite but due to the isolated position of the cruise port it was difficult. Access to central Shanghai from the cruise port can be difficult.
You can take the shuttle bus for US$20.00 return but does not leave until 9.00am and returns at 3.30pm. Not much time to look around. There is a train station some 5kms away that can be access by shuttle bus but only leaves on the half hour and taxi will not take you as they are looking for a fare into Central Shanghai. The best way to access central Shanghai is by taxi at around 120RMD. This will be the cheapest way if there is a group. Most taxi will take 4 adults.
The check in at the port was very good, only took about 15 mins, as there a number of personnel available. The port facilities are also very good but as I have stated it is in a very isolated place.Written November 18, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Shanghai
- These places are best for ferries in Shanghai:See more ferries in Shanghai on Tripadvisor