- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
8 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- This course was in very good shape even after some considerable rain. The staff was very welcoming and the price was reasonable too considering the course. The greens were very challenging with lots of undulations, but not punishing.Written March 10, 2020
- Played 18 holes at Peninsula golf course. Course was well-kept & manicured. Sand traps were fresh. I truly recommend this a # one spot if you go for a golf outing in gulf Shores. Also the staff was fantastic. They greet us with a hello we had to rent four sets of Clubs. they had everything available to us. Great destination area.Written July 17, 2021
- Highly recommend- especially an early morning or late afternoon round.
Pros- staff was friendly and accommodating, the course has a great layout and good holes, GSGC is in great shape, especially after the storm that came through the week prior, the greens had been aerated and top dressed a week or so prior to us playing and though still a little sandy-putts rolled good and true, and the course lent us a golf bag as we drove down from Indy with 2 sets of clubs but 1 bag for space, the range/putting green/chipping green (no extra charge) were in great shape and a nice value- we got there a little early and took advantage of those.
Cons- pace of play, the course allows 5.somes, which is cool as long as they maintain their pace or allow smaller/faster groups to play thru but we caught a foursome on hole 5 and waited the rest of the front nine. Marshall didn't start till 10am with a full tee sheet?!? Yeah- we could've said something but didn't want to upset our round more.
Side note- We paid for the "all you can play' option and played 36 holes, the first 18 went fairly well, the 2nd 18 was SLOW- we'd have played another 9/18 but were wore out from all the waiting. When we ended around 4:30 the course seemed wide open. So, if you're considering this option- this was our experience.Written May 19, 2021
- Arnold Palmer designed 18-hole Cotton Creek club is a jewel. I completely enjoyed playing this beautiful, fun and challenging course. Five sets of tees from 5027- to6848-yards. This par-72 course was in very good condition. A very nice staff mde it a pleasure to play.Written February 16, 2019
- We played Cypress Bend twice during our week, the first day and the last. Weather conditions were significantly different between the two days but the golf was equally enjoyable. The course is a fairly standard layout with very good facilities and service. Definitely a worthy option when swinging sticks in the area.Written February 13, 2019
- Evacuated from hurricane IDA for a few days. Played both tracks and I enjoyed Cypress Bend a lot more than Cotton Creek. Cotton Creek was recently punched and no one mentioned that was the case. If you have a choice of which track to play, I would select to play Cypress Bend every time.Written September 6, 2021
- We drove over from Mobile, AL to play this course one last time before they permanently close on December 2nd. This was a great state park course that is an easy walk. Competition, hurricanes and I’m sure politics have had a hand in the decrease in funding for this course. We enjoyed our final 18 holes here and hope the State of Alabama makes good use of this prime property.Written November 21, 2018
- We went there Saturday for dinner and the services was slow to non-existent. Had to go to the bar to get a waiter to take our order. Once they showed up they quickly took our order for drinks and dinner. Our meals arrived quickly and the waiter disappeared. The taco's, the birdie and the double eagle were really good as was the chef salad. The food was pretty good, reasonably priced, service not so good and the place was extremely loud with all the TV's on. Maybe it will not be as loud when there are no football games on. Need to improve the service.Written September 15, 2019