- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
6 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- This train takes 1hr 30min to get to Agra were a car journey is 4hr 30min so makes sense.
Lots of people day visit from Delhi to Agra rather than stay in Agra itself.
Yes the trains are old and 1st class means you have a seat rather than bench but it does the job. You have porters who carry your luggage from the car to the platform and then put it on the rack above your head for you for a few rupees.
Worth the time saving factorWritten March 6, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- one of the best ways to travel in India is through shatabdi...nice seating food onboard though nothing to write home about...generally on time...shatabdi is usually run between stations where the distance is not much...the kalka shtabdi takes you to kalka through chandigarh...from here you can go to hill stations like shimla etc;Written December 1, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We are train travel fans. & Shatabdi is one of the two most comfortable trains in India. We took the Habibganj Shatabdi from New Delhi to Bhopal. We travelled in the Executive Class which was extremely comfortable.
We were looked after well & served breakfast & lunch. The train was, unfortunately, late but that was due to flooding in a few parts that we crossed. Railways does have a big task at hand to ensure the train is kept clean at all times.
We would love to travel again by the Shatabdi Express.Written August 28, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I don’t know how many in Delhi are aware of the existence or of the whereabouts of this railway station, yes it is in Delhi but it is very unlike other Delhi stations. In addition to EMUs there are just a few trains that stop at this station but as these trains do not stop at any other station in Delhi it is important to know the limitations of this station. This is a small station and except for mandatory toilet/water /shade etc there are no other facilities for passengers. No shop for food or water, no cloakroom or waiting room etc, the only food available at this station is outside the station building and that is CHANA-MURMURA only. Getting an auto rickshaw may be a difficult task at odd hours.Written July 20, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My first railway journey in India since 1995 and I was not looking forward to the overnight train to Udaipur which was supposed to take over 12 hours.
Our Explore group had our baggage coralled safely on the platform while half of us went to the waiting lounge for snacks while the others safeguarded our stuff.
Ordered paneer puffs, coffee, chai and juices for the pending journey.
Train turned up only 30 minutes late which is on time as far as the Indian Railways are concerned. We battled our way on the train to find our sleeping berths - I was in the top bunk of a four berth compartment. Someone came in during the night and turned our lights on and a family followed shoving their luggage on the floor between the berths ! Thankfully we were rescued by the attendant who managed to get the trespassers moved onto somewhere els. Apparently travelers come on chancing getting a sleeping berth and not really caring if anyone is occupying the compartment !!Written March 1, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about New Delhi
- These experiences are best for railways in New Delhi:
- Full Day Delhi Tour By Delhi Metro Train
- Private AC Vehicle/s Delhi to Taj Mahal Agra & other options.
- Delhi beyond itineraries! 262237P1
- Taj Mahal Same Day Tour by Fastest Train
- Taj Mahal Tour All Inclusive : By luxury Train from Delhi.