- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
10 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- An interesting and accurate replica of water dwelling people may years ago. I could almost visualize the form inhabitants. Easy to get to and easy to view.Written February 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wow! Totally unexpected welcome from the proprietor. We wandered in from the street and then had a personal demonstration of how paper was made. The workshop is very small but packed with examples of hand made paper in various sizes and colours. So much knowledge and products in one small space. Really worth popping your head in. We bought some prints of the local area in black and white which are fantastic!Written April 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just entering these two traditional houses is interesting and a pleasure. The furnishings and family photographs of the former owners are fascinating as is the rich decoration and furnishings in the rooms, such as the intricate wood carving decoration that the area was famous for. On other floors some of the remarkable archaeology finds in the area as excavation reveals more and more of the history of the area.Written September 17, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice and reach collection of icons worth to be seen especially to see them in original in the same way they were seen in the world's major cities and art capitalsWritten September 25, 2020
- We finally popped into this shop on our final day in Ohrid and would have bought all the brooches/badges but for our budget. Great gifts for younger and older people.Written September 26, 2018
- Great jewelry, if a bit of a small selection. each piece is unique and made of silver. Wish they accepted credit cards,Written July 24, 2018
- On my way to visit the St. Sophia's Church, I passed by this house plus 2 other houses on the same street . All three have signs in front of them so they appeared to be former residents of famous Macedonians
I took pictures outside of this house that appeared to be closed during my visit. I have one more day left here in the city and hope to find it open before I leave Ohrid.Written April 17, 2019
- The owner was just opening his shop when I passed by on my way to the St. Sophia's Church. We chatted a little and let him know that there is a particular town in my former home country (that is known for its intricate wood carvings) where the trade is quickly disappearing! Young folks do not like to learn the wood carving art.
He agreed and said that the same is true in Macedonia. The young ones are not interested to learn wood carving craft.
His works on display are intricately done! I should buy one of his products before I leave Ohrid .Written April 17, 2019
- Easy to find on the main street in the center of Ohrid, welcoming ambient and a big representation of not just Macedonian but contemporary art from the whole Balkan.Written May 14, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Ohrid
- These are the best places for budget-friendly museums in Ohrid:See more budget-friendly museums in Ohrid on Tripadvisor