41 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 41
What travelers are saying
- High-quality local art. Very good space. Professionally curated. We visited the gallery during near-closing time and had it to ourselves. It was quite enjoyable. The adjacent art shop is quite good, too.Written October 4, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Gallery is excellent. Highly recommend if you visit Irkutsk and like visual arts. Very interesting and talented artists.Written August 21, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Tsenralnyy Rynok / ЦЕНТРАΛЬНЫЙ РЫНОК, Irkutsk, Russia.
I went to Google Translate and found no translation into English of the two words Tsenralnyy Rynok. So then I tried the first word, Tsenralnyy. Same result, no translation into English. So I tried the second word Rynok. Again no translation into English.
Then I used the Russian Spelling of the second word (Rynok) .. РЫНОК .. Voila! This word Rynok / РЫНОК means Market.
Then I used the Russian Spelling of the first word (Tsenralnuyy) .. ЦЕНТРАΛЬНЫЙ .. Voila! This word Tsenralnyy / ЦЕНТРАΛЬНЫЙ means Central.
So Sports Fans everywhere :
Tsenralnyy Rynok / ЦЕНТРАΛЬНЫЙ РЫНОК means Central Market.
The Tsenralnyy Rynok / ЦЕНТРАΛЬНЫЙ РЫНОК is really something. I don't mean in a good way. I don't mean in a poor way. I just mean : It IS really something. It is huge. It is enormous. It is gargantuan. But is it a must-see attraction here in Irkutsk? In my opinion : NO it is not a must-see attraction unless you have a lot of time to see something that is really something. A super gigantic (basically) food market BUT there are also a lot of other 'things' to see and purchase.
Having been in, having been out of, the Tsenralnyy Rynok / ЦЕНТРАΛЬНЫЙ РЫНОК off and on for 8 months now, I recommend you don't bother with a visit. All in all it is an average attraction. That is : Unless you want to see something that borders upon being really special.Written June 15, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Shopping Mall Modny Kvartal, Irkutsk, Russia, is located in the very nice 130 Kvartal District.
This Shopping Mall has got to rank with those few that I have at the top-of-my-list worldwide as to being an exceptional Shopping Mall. The first time, late October 2018, that I walked into this Mall, I was absolutely flabbergasted with wonderment when I saw the main fountain area for the very first time. I said to myself : "I can't wait to tell my wife about this incredible Shopping Mall."
When she joined me here in Irkutsk she too was amazed in wonderment.
The one attraction of the mall that sets-it-apart from others is the fountain located on the lower level of the mall. This fountain area is so attractive. My wife can just sit by it and enjoy people watching for hours.
For my money, this mall has-it-all when you couple it up with the 130 Kvartal District. This is an absolutely must-see attraction if you ever visit Irkutsk, Russian Siberia.
I particularly appreciate the immaculate restrooms, the low-key, but very vigilant security personnel that are ever-present, the Food Court, and shopping for whatever we need beginning with groceries at the Slata Supermarket.Written June 12, 2019
- Family run business, the owners made me feel very welcome. Great selection of Russian watches including Vostok military watches and Sturmanskie watches celebrating Russia's space explorations. Prices start from 20USD so there are plenty to choose from. Russian watches make a really unique gift. Credit cards are accepted. Well worth a visit.Written February 28, 2020
- One of the major streets on the West side of Irkutsk, across the Angara River from the central area of the city, is Lermontova Street. This mall is so named because it fronts on Lermontova Street. The rear of the mall faces the very end of the Irkutsk Tram Line Number 1. My wife and I do 90% of our local traveling here in Irkutsk on the Number 1 Tram line. So it is just perfect for us to travel to, and return from, the Mall Lermontov riding our local tram.
The exterior of the mall, front and rear, is very attractive. It looks new to me.
On the Lermontova Street level of the mall is a very large, full service, Slata Supermarket which just happens to be where we do the vast majority of our super market shopping. Just perfect. Hop on the Tram and go directly to our favorite Slata Supermarket.
What else? Our favorite 'fast food' chain is Subway. On the top floor of the mall is a Food Court with a Subway Sandwich Shop. Trust us, they make a very good tuna foot long. We can get our Tele2 cell phone recharged in the mall. There's also (I will call it a) hardware-type of store in the mall with a myriad of things you need from light bulbs to kitchenware to you-name-it.
Lastly there are two other Trip Advisor Attractions right at the Mall Lermontov. At the rear entrance to the mall, where the Number 1 Tram line ends, is the Roman Catholic Church of The Immaculate Heart of The Mother of God. Directly across the the mall is the Monument to the (computer) Programmer.Written June 24, 2019
- Location. Location. Location. The Caramel Shopping and Entertainment Center, located at Partizanskaya 36 here in Irkutsk, Russia, has exactly what I need in a shopping center. Location. The Number 1 and 2 Irkutsk Tram Lines are the ones that are closest to my flat. Both of them STOP RIGHT AT THE Caramel Shopping and Entertainment Center. This is just wonderful because I do not have to walk a long distance carrying several bags of groceries.
Then too there is a very nice food court on the upper floors hosting two of my favorites, Burger King and KFC. So I can have a snack or a tall, cold soda after I shop to rest up for my trip back to my flat on the Tram.
I rate the Caramel Shopping and Entertainment Center as average because, in my opinion, it is down the middle of the road average.Written June 8, 2019
- The Art Museum (Siberian Art Department) displays a variety of art styles and is worth a visit if you are in Irkutsk. Be ware that the address is correct, but the display on TripAdvisor's map is not!Written October 12, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Irkutsk
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in Irkutsk:See more shopping for kids in Irkutsk on Tripadvisor