- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- We spent a lovely day at Playa Restinga. My daughter has really sensitive skin and on the far side of the beach (the side that faces mainland Panama) she felt really itchy and immediately came out of the water and changed her swimsuit; later on, her suit smelled AWFUL, way worse than the rest of ours that had been worn the rest of the day, so we think maybe there was something in the water. She later played in the water on the other side of the beach that's toward the island/bay, and had no problems. There was some trash in the water on the mainland side and so we wonder if there also happened to be some pollutants there that day; the water on the bay side of the beach was perfectly clean, no trash. We'd read about the trash and had low expectations, but the beach was really wonderful and we had a great day. While we did a day trip over on the fast ferry catamaran, I think we could have easily spent 2-3 happy days exploring the island and enjoying the beach. There were some ruins and a shipwreck exposed on the Morro Island side of the beach that we were very curious about but there was no signage; I wish we had read up on the area before going. The water was warm and clear, the waves were small, the sand was nicely sloped; really perfect for a family day with children.Written May 17, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Taboga is super easy from Panama City, just 30 minutes away it was fun to pass by all the big ships waiting to enter the canal. The island was just starting to open up again so mid week was very quiet however the weekend gave more options for food and people. The restaurants are simple surroundings who serve fish, coconuts, chicken and plantain. The beaches are good and clean. With lovely water to swim in. We were told the snorkelling was excellent although we didn't give it a try ourselves.
We would love to return to explore the island a little more and being so close to Panama its super easy even for just a day to nip across and breath a big sigh to drop into the island vibes.Written August 4, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I definitely recommend this hike, and I also recommend wearing shoes with good traction. You will need them for the final section.
Here are directions to get to the cross. First, follow the main road that runs parallel to the water. Eventually, it will change from paved to dirt. After a few minutes, you will get to an intersection, turn LEFT. If you look to the right you will see a water treatment plant. Do not turn that direction. That road leads to the dump.
Follow this road for a few minutes. Watch carefully for a steep rocky trail on the right side. It isn't marked. If you find yourself at the ocean, you went too far.
Carefully follow the steep, rocky trail to the cross at the top. Enjoy the views!Written July 15, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Isla Taboga
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Isla Taboga:
- All Inclusive Full-Day Taboga Island Catamaran Tour from Panama City, Panama
- Full Day Excursion to Taboga Island from Panama City
- Full day Private Tour to Taboga Island departing from Panama City
- These places are best for nature & parks in Isla Taboga:See more nature & parks in Isla Taboga on Tripadvisor