- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- You can see some dolphins that is very cool. Kinda overpriced but like isn’t every tourist thing in Bocas overpriced?Written December 3, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We rented a car for the 96km drive from Boquete. The decent road zig zags all around Volcan Baru with numerous hairpins dealing with stream crossings. With interrupted cell phone coverage and lack of road signs, I needed to stop at 3 junctions to inquire of locals, "which way to Cerro Punta"?.
The scenery was lush with huge roadside bougainvillea, orange groves, dairy farms, horse ranch, then countless truck farms and green houses growing all vegetables up to the steep forest.
Finally reaching La Amistad National Park entrance, we simply opened the gate and drove in. The stony/rocky road was difficult up to the unoccupied ranger station with restrooms, World Heritage sign, and trail descriptions. We tried walking the 2 trails but we were unprepared for mud and dripping rain forest.
That's what this reserve is all about and we appreciate the existence of 401,000 hectares across the Talamanca Range in both Costa Rica and Panama.
We retreated downhill to the tended landscape of workers picking potatoes and moving irrigation pipe, heading back to Boquete.Written February 22, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- we had a lot of rainy days and were looking for some fun things to do. This is a very cute place and it's about a 10 minute boat ride from colon. The guy who owns it or works there was very sweet and gave us a tour. Butterfly hide out when it rains so best to go on a sunny day or expect to see about 4 butterfly. Very cool place that being said. Just make sure you have a taxi planned ahead of time to pick you up on your return.Written January 20, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bocas del Toro Province
- These experiences are best for nature & wildlife areas in Bocas del Toro Province:
- Speed Boat tour to Mangrove Point -Starfish Beach -Bocas del Drago and Birds Island
- Tour 13 Days From Costa Rica to Panama Cultures and Exotic Nature
- Small-Group Speed Boat and Snorkel Tour from Bocas del Toro
- These places are best for nature & wildlife areas in Bocas del Toro Province:See more nature & wildlife areas in Bocas del Toro Province on Tripadvisor