23 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- If you travel to the interesting place do not forget to buy some gifts for your friends. Tottori will make you love rabbit and interesting of the local present. Here is waiting for you to get more experiences.Written February 14, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The visitor center at the end of the road up the hill from the Sand Museum is the best for omiyage (individually packaged treats for taking home). This is the one shop that lets you sample all the various goods in store. I have seen this generosity of sampling no where else in Japan. The top of the ski lift is next door, a 300 yen rip-off to get to the bottom of the hill/Sand Dune Park which is 5 minute or less walk. Third floor of this center has a free rooftop observatory. Free parking nearby. Overflow parking lots are pay lots, which no one was using on cold, rainy, off-peak season day that we visited. We didn't try their restaurant.Written April 15, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The sand sculptures are said to be changed once a year. When I went there, they were doing an Egyptian exhibition. The process of making the sculptures was well described, and it was wonderful to see the sculptures after seeing the process. There are animal sculptures not only inside the museum, but also on the outdoor stairs leading up to the hill. The Tottori Sand Dunes seen from the hill were beautiful.Written May 22, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are fish pastes lover, you should stop by here. I've never seen this much of variety of fish pastes. Lots of taste and flavors. Unique ones are one containing squad ink or kimchi. Each one has free samples so we could try before we purchased. We bought squad balls which look like meat balls. I love this with beers. Free soi milk is available that I like for its rich soy flavor. 家内に誘われて訪問しました。家内は3度目私は初めてでした。入り口近くの無料豆乳は豊かな大豆フレーバーで美味しかったです。これほど豊かな香りはスーパーの豆乳ではありえないレベル。さすがメーカー直売所です。百種類ほどのちくわ類も、すべてサンプルを美味しくいただいき、感謝しつつ一品購入。イカ団子はビールに絶品です。清潔で広い店内と豊富なサンプルを楽しめて、豊かなひと時を過ごせます。Written September 23, 2019
- On the otherside of the road opposite the Tottori Sand Dunes Visitor Center you will find a rather big complex, the Sakyu Kaikan, housing amongst other things a restaurant, icecream stands and lot of souvenir shops.
Next to Sakyu Kaikan the bus stop back to Tottori is located however most visitors first continue by foot to the sand museum which is located about 500 meters down the road. From here you can pick up the bus to Tottori as well.Written September 3, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Tottori
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in Tottori:See more shopping for kids in Tottori on Tripadvisor