- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Located right on the river...it in a good location to continue exploring the town. The ticket I had for other museums allowed me in. The displays were interesting but due to the heat inside...I didn't stay as long as I might have if it hadn't been SO HOT!Written May 23, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The house itself is the most interesting part of the museum, lovely old woodwork. The ceramics were interesting but limited.Written March 19, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a gallery, but I mainly recommend it for the cafe inside where you can drink a wonderful cup of chrysanthemum tea in peaceful and stylish surroundingsWritten March 25, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It’s a huge building, clearly in the Communist style: bulky and bland. For all the ancient history of Hoi An in the narrow lanes, this place has some good all-around history and exhibits. The second floor starts with Cham history, including some of the statuary and carvings taken from My Son. The section on the war, with pieces of downed American jets, bombs, and other memorabilia, I thought was the best. Being American, it's good to see the perspective from the opposing side. It's the best part of the museum by far. The third floor is a bit esoteric, more artwork than anything (that is to say in my opinion, skip it). There is one gallery with some really good photos of colonial Hoi An. The fourth floor is the rooftop, and considering this is the tallest building in the city, the views are spectacular. This is also a great place to drop 30-60 minutes while it's raining!Written September 29, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Hoi An
- These are the best places for budget-friendly history museums in Hoi An:See more budget-friendly history museums in Hoi An on Tripadvisor