- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
36 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 36
What travelers are saying
- Beautiful art gallery / museum. Initial room with pictures to view. Then multiple rooms with photos and traditional clothing from ethnic groups throughout vietnam. Lots of interesting signs to read too. Free entry. Definitely recommendWritten September 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was ok to visit the town: families selling ceramics and you are able to try it yourself: nice gesture. We were absolutely surprised by the Terracotta Park: what a great way to show the possibilities of this material! Great garden with beautiful statues, a part with miniature famous buildings if you like that kind of thing.
We really liked the contemporary architecture (beautiful natural light fall) of the buildings and the displayed contemporary art. Next to the beautifully displayed history of ceramics in this region it was an absolute joy to wander about and experience the creativity of the different artist. Buy the extra ticket and visit the museum if you have any interest in contemporary art. We absolutely loved it and couldn’t stop taking pictures :)Written August 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Located right on the river...it in a good location to continue exploring the town. The ticket I had for other museums allowed me in. The displays were interesting but due to the heat inside...I didn't stay as long as I might have if it hadn't been SO HOT!Written May 23, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The house itself is the most interesting part of the museum, lovely old woodwork. The ceramics were interesting but limited.Written March 19, 2020
- I have previously visited and purchased 2 painting from this shop, both are amazing and I've only recently been able to frame and put them up onto a wall. Get constant compliments about how amazing the look from people visiting and how they could be in a gallery.
Will return again once covid is over to expand my home gallery.Written June 28, 2021
- This is a gallery, but I mainly recommend it for the cafe inside where you can drink a wonderful cup of chrysanthemum tea in peaceful and stylish surroundingsWritten March 25, 2019
- It’s a huge building, clearly in the Communist style: bulky and bland. For all the ancient history of Hoi An in the narrow lanes, this place has some good all-around history and exhibits. The second floor starts with Cham history, including some of the statuary and carvings taken from My Son. The section on the war, with pieces of downed American jets, bombs, and other memorabilia, I thought was the best. Being American, it's good to see the perspective from the opposing side. It's the best part of the museum by far. The third floor is a bit esoteric, more artwork than anything (that is to say in my opinion, skip it). There is one gallery with some really good photos of colonial Hoi An. The fourth floor is the rooftop, and considering this is the tallest building in the city, the views are spectacular. This is also a great place to drop 30-60 minutes while it's raining!Written September 29, 2019
- It’s another old two-storey house on the main street of the Old Town, but inside are artefacts and placards talking about the Sa Huynh people. These were the natives who inhabited the land before the Cham arrived and built the more impressive monuments like My Son. Most of the displays are pottery, some large burial urns, some fragments. Those are not all that enthralling, but they have very good signage in English explaining the Sa Huynh and their culture. It’s an interesting slice of ancient history and the view from the balcony on the upper floor is fantastic: down on the main street with the lanterns strung among the balconies. If you have an extra ticket in your Hoi An pass, this is a good place to use it.Written September 29, 2019
- We visited the gallery (shop) in Hoi An where we bought some lovely pieces for our home - the woman assisting us was lovely and the items were shipped. Two items were damaged during shipping but Au Lac quickly replaced them with new items and communicated with me via email the whole time - what fabulous customer service. Highly recommend a visit to the store - such beautiful work at good prices. We will treasure our pieces forever. Thank you Hoa and Au Lac!Written January 29, 2019
- We stumbled upon this Art Gallery Museum by accident.
What a wonderful place. The work of Rehahn, a french photographer is stunning, and the ‘story’ equally as wonderful.
Rehahn is seeking out the 51 local tribes and having got to know them, takes the most beautiful photographs. He often thanks the people by buying them a cow, or a boat, depending on their needs.
This is a bit of Social History that should not be overlooked.Written November 7, 2018
- We bought a painting here after searching many of the other art work shops. The prices were very reasonable for an original artwork by very talented artists. From small to large artworks the fixed prices ranged from VND300,000 (US$13) to VND 1,000,000 (US$44) This artwork will be a wonderful souvenir of our stay in Hoi An.
We didn't have a coffee but the cafe was really cute. Great place to avoid the tourist crowds and so something a little bit off the beaten path.Written October 27, 2018
- There are a selection of stone sculptures spread out on the bank of the river on the island side. Some are quite interesting but really nothing to wow!
Maybe I am biased as I live near to the Yorkshire Sculpture ParkWritten March 5, 2019
- We came across this familiar gallery in hoi an and we bought very nice paints and the price was also very good. I recomend 100% this placeWritten January 8, 2020
- I hear great London club music, I see a stylish salesperson, turn around and see a world-class pop-up store. Perfect place for inspiration.Written March 13, 2019
- Loved this store. Art was adorable and owner was wonderful. She never pushed a sale and was patient enough to answer all our questions.Written July 9, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Hoi An
- These experiences are best for museums in Hoi An:
- DA NANG NIGHTLIFE Tour with MARBLE MOUNTAIN ,MONKEY MOUNTAIN & DRAGON BRIDGE
- Hoi An Water Puppet Show Ticket
- Hoi An Local Speciality Set Meal Coupon
- đặt xe tham quan hội an ,đưa đón tận nơi trong khu vực thành phố hội an
- Hue City Tour
- These are the best places for kid-friendly museums in Hoi An:See more museums for kids in Hoi An on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for museums in Hoi An:See more romantic museums in Hoi An on Tripadvisor