Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
17 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Visited Hoi An as part of a TripADeal tour. This is an amazing place, we enjoyed delicious food and were able to attend a water puppet show, Hoi An Memories show, and took a boat river cruise. Our guide, Tom was fantastic, attentive, helpful and provided us with information and support. Tom had great time management skills and without rushing us he ensured he were able to enjoy every place and activity from the tour. Big thanks to Tom for his guidance and support!Written September 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Enjoyable time with a family of four. Had fun watching my sons prepare the soil and plant some vegetablesWritten September 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a cool historial bridge, an amazing place to visit and photograph. Try to avoid the weekends though.Written July 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We enjoyed this workshop where they make several handicrafts - embroidery, lantern making, wood carving and other crafts. A fun visit and we bought several crafts for our families.Written April 1, 2020
- We arrived at the village by bike. Honestly it is nothing special, we rather suggest to go on the other side of the river (please be careful on bike since it is really common to make a hole in the wheel)...Written March 7, 2020
- It was honestly a beautiful way to have a look in an ancient Vietnamese house. The carvings, decorations and craftmanship were impeccable. But the most amazing part is the handmade silver jewellery. Seashells were used as the "gems", but you can also find a variety of actual gemstones like jade etc. And the owner is polishing your own silverware for free too. My own jewellery looked like new again!And this is all done with the biggest friendliest welcome EVER! We were given tea, cookies and homemade ice cream when we were waiting for our jewellery to be polished. Would recommend 10/10!!!!Written October 4, 2022
- This is the only old house in the city that makes an effort to show real history. The same family has inhabited it for over 400 years. The present owner still lives on site but we didn’t have an opportunity to meet him.Written May 14, 2020
- Built in the early 18th century, this private house was originally owned by a prosperous Captain called Quan Thang. The lively and fine architecture and sculptures were made by craftsmen of Kim Bong carpentry village. The inside is decorated tastefully and the arrangement of the furniture has been kept intact. The walls surrounding the yard are ornate with beautiful blue ceramics shards. The house is very impressive, with artistic work everywhere: on the beams, the auxiliary arched roof, the wattles, shutters, balusters in the oriental style.
Een van de vele mooie oude huizen in Hoi An. Weer een pareltje! Wij verbleven te kort in Hoi An om alles te zien, dan heb je minimaal 4 dagen nodig. Met onze 5 strippen entreepass hebben we een keuze gemaakt uit 5 bezienswaardigheden en daar was dit huis er 1 van. Zeer de moeite waard!Written December 23, 2019
- Needed to mail postcards back to the USA. Helpful in buying the necessary stamps in order to mail the cards homeWritten May 6, 2019
- I think some of the other reviews of this place are a little harsh. Whilst this place is nothing particularly special I wouldn't say it is that much different to the other places in Hoi An. The building itself was in quite good condition and there were a few fairly mediocre displays inside. Probably not worth going out of your way to visit, but I wouldn't describe it as terrible.Written March 1, 2017
- Famous crossing over Thu Bon river from ancient town to island 🏝 with many shops 🏬 , restaurants and night market. Nicely decorated especially great experience in the eventing when lanterns lit the place. Place you can rent the boat and do cruising or be close to ancient town attractionsWritten May 31, 2022
- If you come into Hoi An by motor vehicle you have to be in by a certain time as traffic is forbidden within the town at certain times and you have to have a card pass to visit.
After wandering around the central market we moved on to see the communal house which is most interesting and our guide points out on one of the walls the level where flood waters have risen in previous years.
The house is decorated very much in the Asian style but I think it is most interesting and well worth a visit.Written February 18, 2020
- The tomb itself isn't that well kept but people seem to still come there and leave offerings. Its location is clearly marked with large stones and the scenery around it is beautiful - the tomb is located in the middle of rice paddies. You can bicycle all the way to the side of a rice paddy and then walk a short stone path to the tomb itself. An interesting sight if you think about the history behind it, but if you're looking for cool photos you'll end up with pictures of locals working in the rice paddies rather than the tomb which isn't exactly a sight for sore eyes.Written January 29, 2016
- Really excited places, you can join the activity that "swing arround inside of the round boat" really nice! This area was beautiful, like the countryside picture! Thank you!Written December 16, 2020
- Free to enter. Well preserved building. I guessed this is where all the meeting of the town are held.Written May 7, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Hoi An
- These are the best places for kid-friendly points of interest & landmarks in Hoi An:See more points of interest & landmarks for kids in Hoi An on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking points of interest & landmarks in Hoi An:See more points of interest & landmarks for couples in Hoi An on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking points of interest & landmarks in Hoi An:See more points of interest & landmarks for groups in Hoi An on Tripadvisor