45 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 45
What travelers are saying
- We planned on buying carpets in Turkiye, but not necessarily in Goreme.
That was until we wandered into Sultans carpets. Ali and Mustafa were friendly hosts who had carpets that matched all of our size requirements. There was no hard sell just friendly banter. The more we bought the better the discounts. Even a thank you drink after our purchase to celebrate our new treasures. Delivered from Goreme to my door in Melbourne Australia in 8 days. I'm glad we wandered into the shop.Written November 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are many carpet scams in Turkey - this is NOT one of them. This is the best place to buy genuine carpets in Turkey at incredibly good prices. Ruth and her staff are highly expert and very helpful - no hard sell just patient advice. You’ll learn a lot. The collection is amazing and Siem thing for every price range. We had our carpets appraised when we returned to New Zealand and the appraiser could not believe the great price we had paid. If you want to get a carpet from Turkey or the region, I cannot recommend Tribal Collections enough - you will not regret this.Written November 29, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We randomly selected this shop for shopping carpets. The owner and his son Baki were very hospitable and because of their excellent customer service skills we would recommend any one visiting Cappadocia and looking for quality carpets and reasonable prices, visit this business.Written November 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very beautiful shop selling Persian style rugs that are handmade. Run by son and father who provide a personalised and great service. I bought a beautiful mat for a good price and I am very happy with my purchase.Written May 10, 2023
- This place has some excellent , and I mean excellent ceramics , prices range from less than 100TL for some small trinkets to well over 8000TL if you want a unique ceramic item that is more art inspired. We spent a lot of time there just admiring many of the excellent items. It’s a lovely shop. Maybe don’t take the kids, as you don’t want them knocking over something very expensive and unique ! Do pop in, it’s a visual feastWritten August 9, 2018
- If you are looking to go to Turkey and buy carpets, you are in the right place to clarify your doubts. But if you also want to save your time looking for the best price and quality in carpets, you need to visit the Kervan Carpet & Kilim store and nothing else. And I say this with the experience of someone who has visited several stores in Istanbul and Kapadocia. Don't waste time trying to negotiate in other stores.. I wasted that time.. At Kervan Carpet &Kilim Boss is crazy. Look for Mr. Ibrahim and he will help you.. There is no better condition than his.. You think you will make it, but there is no point.. I went in July 2023, and left his store with 3 carpets..
I HIGHLY recommend it
Se você está querendo ir a Turquia e comprar Tapetes, você está no lugar certo para esclarecer suas dúvidas. Mas se além disso você quer economizar seu tempo em busca do melhor preço e qualidade em tapetes, você precisa visitar a loja Kervan Carpet &Kilim e nada mais. E falo isso com a experiência de quem rodou por várias lojas em Istanbul e na Kapadocia. Não perca tempo tentando negociar em outras lojas.. Eu perdi esse tempo.. Na Kervan Carpet &Kilim Boss is crazy. Procure o Sr. Ibrahim que ele vai te ajudar..Não existe condição melhor que a dele.. Você acha que vai conseguir, mas não adianta..Fui em Julho de 2023, e saí da loja dele com 3 Tapetes..
Recomendo MUIIIITOWritten November 16, 2023
- I brought a Zultanite necklace from the shop and it cost $90. When I came home three weeks later, I checked my credit card statement and was charged almost $99. It wasn’t a big difference between $90 & $99 but it meant that they are dishonest people. Please stay away from the shopWritten July 27, 2023
- Fatih was so friendly and helpful with sourcing rugs and fair with prices - I bought four and love them all. Would definitely recommend Fatih.Written November 26, 2023
- My husband and I randomly stumbled cross this store. We were greeted by Melih and the owner Mehmet. Truly an unbelievable Turkish experience. Hospitality, generosity, knowledge, experience, and most of all, comical entertainment…. Incredible!
After a few cups of tea, a couple of bottles of water, and three carpets later, Mehmet walked us over to his favorite lunch spot, and introduced us to the owner, where they took good care of us.
If you are ever interested in a wide selection of Turkish carpets and a good dose of comedy relief, please visit Mehmet and his nephew Melih.
The shopping experience was truly one of the highlights of our holiday.Written August 19, 2023
- Bünyamin and his brother were incredibly friendly and hospitable; for them, this is not just a business, but a way of connecting with people. They took over this business from their father, and him from his father before him. Bünyamin has been repairing rugs for more than 30 years, and that knowledge shows. A friendly, no pressure, stress free buying experience where he shows and explains to you many different rugs - with shared tea in the name of friendship, of course - is what one can expect. He is an expert, and with such affordable prices, his shop is my favorite of every rug shop I visited in cappadoccia, even after visiting almost every single one.Written November 16, 2023
- My family and I had the best time making pottery at this studio. The staff were very attentive and let us use our creativity to create different products. They even gave us free souveniers to take home with us. Would recommend this expereince to anyone in Kapadokya.Written November 20, 2023
- This is a lovely ceramic artist/owner operated original handmade art store. The artist/owner is very talented and polite, and walked me around the store. The ceramic art created by the artist/owner is beautiful and intricate and I purchased couple of ceramic art work.Written May 31, 2023
- This store was an extraordinary visit. My family and I were strolling around when this store captured our attention. The owner was friendly, honest, and had a beautiful spirit. His store was unique for quality/ handmade products. Surely a gem in Cappadocia.Written July 19, 2022
- Hakan is such a friendly man who really have a passion for helping his fellow customers from all over the world find their desired style carpet/kilim for their homes.
He has a unique personality and speaks many languages which help in the busy tourist season. I am glad we met and he explained a lot about the area we were staying and visiting while also show us his selection of carpets.Written March 22, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Goreme
- These experiences are best for shopping in Goreme:
- Fascinating Cappadocia Photoshoot by Private Minivan
- Vintage Cappadocia: Classic Car Tour & Photoshoot & Rental Dress
- 2 Hours Professional Photoshoot with Flying Dress in Cappadocia
- Cappadocia Photo Shoot
- Leather Fashion Show Skip the Line Ticket Cappadocia
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in Goreme:See more shopping for kids in Goreme on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking shopping in Goreme:See more shopping for groups in Goreme on Tripadvisor