Popular things to do
- 4WD Tours
- Day Trips
- Flea & Street Markets
- Jet Boat Rentals
- Full-day Tours
- Sunset Cruises
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Kayaking Tours
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- Bus Tours
- Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Historical Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Sports Camps & Clinics
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Special Offers
- Weddings & Honeymoons
Top Attractions in Krabi Town
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- There is nothing there but beauty, the most beautiful place we've ever been to. Only minus the fact that we collected garbage on the way back to the boat. It was still the most amazing couple day out there. which we will never forget.Written August 2, 2022
- Very interesting temple.
We had a great time. We went during the weekend so it was crowded, but still very nice. We took the green line elevator up. The view on top is amazing,Written August 2, 2022
- It was one of our stops on the island tour so we could watch the sunset. We are just amazed at how beautiful this place is. We didnt have much time to explore everything, but it's worth visiting especially the cave.Written August 2, 2022
- See if you can get a sunset trip. Island is mesmerising, with amazing sunset.
There are few eateries on the island, or tour guide can arrange for barbecues.Written August 17, 2022
- Paid 200 THB return per person for the long tail boat to Railay. This does not seem to be negotiable as the Ao Nang Long Tail Boat Service Club seem to have a monopoly on it, with booths along the promenade and at the pier entrance. If you buy from the booths further away from the pier, they will taxi you to the pier, but you need to get your own transport back to town - plenty of tuk tuks around for negotiable prices.
The long tail boat won’t travel in bad weather and the booths will put a sign out.
We had a fab day on Railay, despite overcast weather. We went early (about 9am) and arrived at Tailay West which is a beautiful arc with towering cliffs at each end. There are select hotels along the front, and then a shopping street with mainly restaurants and bars, juice stands and a couple of massage parlours. Walk along this street to the end, and turn right (following the wall on your right) to get to Railay West. The tide was in by late morning so not much beach, but follow the signs to Phra Nang Cave for a wow beach where you can see Chicken Island in the distance, watch people having a climbing lesson (book on the shopping street) and see the famous cave (a bit disappointing).
Boats leave at 5, but we left at 4 to avoid any rush. Boats leave when full so we had a ten minute wait.Written August 6, 2022
- Great area for relaxation and lovely island to relax on and enjoy. Water was clean & clear - a pleasure to swim in. Highly recommended.Written June 28, 2022
- We helped feeding the elephants, bathed with them, made medicine för them and learned a lot about them.
The caretakers were really nice and gentle with the elephants and the animals seemed to be relaxed and happy and could wander around as they wantedWritten August 7, 2022
- Great island to visit as very pretty and scenic. Lots to do - water sports, swimming or relaxing. Highly recommended and enjoyable.Written June 28, 2022
- The viewpoint on Railay offers a great view of the beach, the hike is fairly difficult (especially with a hangover) but it's definitely worth it. Very picturesque spot.Written March 9, 2022
- We did a private long boat tour to Hong, Lading and Pak Bia islands directly from our hotel in Tubkaek.
Before landing on the island, we went through a tiny gap in the limestone face of the island to enter an emerald lagoon which was beyond stunning, the water was so green and it was silent there, it really was like paradise.
Arriving early at Hong's beach (probably in the first 20 visitors that day) was a revelation and it felt like we almost had a private island - by the time we left a couple of hours later, it was already super busy. Be aware that the walk from the landing stage to the beach itself is super wobbly...but better than swimming, not least as you will see there are 1000s of beautiful tropical fish in the water, but also 100s of jellyfish too so be careful!
The sandy beach is super soft and we had the pleasure of seeing some huge lizards/dragons as well as lots of tiny sand crabs. It's a nice place to snorkel and swim.
There are also toilets and refreshment stands close by.
There are nature trails to follow.
The best part, however, is the 360 degrees viewpoint...which is NOT for the faint hearted! My wife made it to the first lower platform and let me do the rest! It is over 400 metal steps to the top and each step varies in depth. There are also some wobbly wooden flat parts where you sometimes need to avoid trees and bushes! It takes around 25 minutes to get to the top if you take it at a steady pace with some pauses. I did it in flip-flops which added to the entertainment, if you have trainers, they are to be recommended, as you could go up and down much quicker. There was a 5 minute super shower just before I ascended the steps which also made it more slippy!
However, the blue sky views of the many islands in the Andaman Sea as well as stunning Hong Island itself made it all worthwhile.
Overall, this island is spectacular and a true piece of paradise, but just get there early before the crowds!Written June 10, 2022
- The lagoon hike is something everybody should do. It is real adventure. When finished u have done something epic. You walk through 280 million years of time as you go down to the lagoon. Meet other adventurist people along the way. Good shoes slippery after rain. Have funWritten June 28, 2022
- Obviously as many others have commented, the beach next to this cave is one of the finest In Thailand and by far the best in this stunning peninsula. But the cave itself is brilliant, full of phallic offerings in all shapes, sizes and colours! Definitely worth seeing for the photo opportunity!Written June 18, 2022
- Not a big market but it was interesting. There are delicious street food there and they sell reasonably priced clothes, accessories, bags etc.Written August 8, 2022
- Har walk. Come early and check the weather forcast beffore you go.
3-4 hour walk together.
But it’s worth the hard walk. So fantasticWritten November 3, 2020
- We were just passing by during our 4 island boat trip but it's funny to look at it; a "stone chicken".Written April 8, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Krabi Town
- The best day trips from Krabi Town according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Phi Phi Islands Adventure Day Trip with Seaview Lunch by V. Marine Tour
- Day Trip to James Bond Island by Premium Speedboat includes National Park Fees
- Full-Day Phi Phi Islands Tour with Lunch from Krabi
- 5 in 1 James Bond Tour by Long Tail Boat
- Exclusive Small Group - Phi Phi Islands Sunrise Or Day trip