- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
70 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 70
What travelers are saying
- I love tanzanite and came here to learn the amazing story behind the gemstone. You will be surprised. Joyce guided us through the museum, explained the rating system and helped me pick the perfect gift for myself. Joyce was truly a pleasure to work with.Written August 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Enjoyed our visit here. Beautiful art inside. There was also a place to do shopping to take home to family. A good place to visit.Written June 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely beautiful. Game is everywhere and setting in the crater with flamingos is great. A must go in Tanzania!!!!!Written August 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The entire safari was seamless and wonderful! Everything was planned perfectly, and our guide was amazing. The lodges exceeded our expectations and we were able to have close encounters with a lot of wildlife (although this depends on your luck, some days there just aren't many around). I'd recommend booking a 4 or 5 day safari to give yourself a better chance of having some good wildlife sightings.Written August 13, 2022
- We had a great 9 day safari and 3 day Mt Meru climb with Lion King. Everything was well organized and went very smoothly.
Safari - Visited Tarangire, Manyara, central and northern Serengeti, and Ngorongoro over 9 days. We saw all the animals we wanted to see and then some. We were especially fortunate to see several wildebeest crossings of the Mara in late July, and some unfortunate wildebeests getting eaten by crocodiles. There was a lot of flexibility with choosing the schedule, and we were able to spend most of each day on game drives. A safari doesn't have to be this long to get a full experience, but we still saw new and interesting things every day.
Our guide Saleh was exceptional. He was knowledgeable about the animals and birds and good at driving us into a good position for viewing. Most importantly he was friendly and easy to talk with; his personality made the experience especially enjoyable.
We stayed at mid-range accommodations, which were always nice with friendly service, and seemed fancy to us considering the remote locations. We always had plenty of food for every meal, including lunches while on game drives.
Mt Meru - After the safari we spent three days climbing Mt Meru with our guide Saladini and a team of porters. The first two days were a little slow, but the summit day was absolutely beautiful and made the trip worth it. Saladini had a more serious style and was focused on getting us to the top, and he did that job well. We also really enjoyed our assistant guide Ben, who was especially friendly. Note that doing the climb in three days might be challenging depending on level of fitness, we had to get a ride from the last hut to make it down in time.
In summary I would highly recommend a safari in northern Tanzania, and I think Lion King Adventures is a safe bet to do it with.Written August 11, 2022
- This trip was amazing and far exceeded expectations, thanks to our guide Hassani and Peter from Gosheni. We were a group of four with my son and his wife and his wifes mother. We had a 5 day safari + 2 day Zanzibar package and we visited Tarangire, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro Crater. Hassani is the best guide and is like an encyclopedia, he was able to tell us interesting facts about every single animal/bird we saw and he always had an answer to every question we asked. He has an amazing talent for always knowing where the animals are most likely to be and even had other guides asking him for advice on where to go. The roads are quite bumpy but he was able to drive as smoothly as possible and we always felt very safe with him. His passion for his job and knowing the most he can about all the animals and his country really made a huge difference in our trip and we feel so lucky to have been placed with him.
Regarding the process, it was very easy to book everything with Peter. He was always available to answer our questions and work out the best schedule to please everyone in our group. The hotels were breathtaking, especially the Melia Serengeti and Manyara Secret. Overall, this trip was unforgettable and we will think about it every day for the rest of our lives. It was supposed to be a once in a lifetime trip but we have to return because it's just too amazing not to.Written August 11, 2022
- Norah built us an excellent 9 day safari that included multiple national parts including Serengeti and the Ngorongoro crater. Our safari was a complete turn key experience (included driver, lodging, etc.) which was wonderful. We originally booked our trip pre Covid and had to delay almost two years. Norah, was extremely patient during the process of scheduling and rescheduling. Our guide, Edward, picked us up at the JRO airport and then we were in his capable hands for 9 wonderful days. The lodging that was arranged by Norah was mid level and great!. Edward was a wonderful guide that was extremely knowledgeable , caring and entertaining. This was a trip of a life time. We would not hesitate to recommend Easy Travel to others.Written August 11, 2022
- I have been on different safaris, organized by different tours within the same year. However, nothing comes close to Roy Safaris.
Taking about punctuality, planning, safety, preparedness, accommodation and driver's acknowledgment, no one comes close. Including a bonus that not not many drivers have experience with photography.
I highly recommend Roy safaris for anyone looking for a tour. You wouldn't be disappointed.Written August 11, 2022
- After a careful review of all the safari companies and their offer, we choose Shadows of Africa for our three days safari in Tanzania’s northern circuit (Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Ngorongoro). It was the best choice we could have made. Everything was perfect from the planning of the trip side by side with Alona (Safari Specialist) to the game drives that our excellent guide Loma contribute to make special. If you happen to travel with Shadows of Africa, I would highly recommend to ask for Loma as a guide: he has been in the business for more than ten years and always find the best place to spot wild animals and share interesting stories about Maasai culture (he is actually born in a Maasai village), wild animals habits and Tanzania.
Regarding the lodge we spent 2 nights at Foresight Eco Lodge in Karatu: this lodge was brand new, staff was very friendly and always willing to go for the extra mile to make your stay unforgettable, rooms were clean and provided with all comfort (I would advice to bring your own hairdryer and bathroom set though) and food was delicious. We went in August and it was a little cold at night and early in the morning so I recommend bringing appropriate clothes.
We will come back for sure to see the wonders of serengeti and climb Kilimanjaro.
A presto!Written August 13, 2022
- We did a 4 day safari with Soul of Tanzania. Everything was perfect!
Our guide Emanuel was also so amazing! He made sure that we saw every animal and we are comfortable during these 4 days. Cannot thank him enough.
Places we stayed during safari were mainly tented camps and it definetly adds to the experience a lot! There are also lodges that you can stay, however, if i were to do this again, i would prefer tented camps again. We enjoyed the nature as a whole.
If you are planning to do this, keep in mind that it is physically demanding. National parks are close to each other, however it still takes a few hours driving to reach the destination. After you reach it, it takes a few more hours in dusty savannah to complete the game drive. So you get dirty and tired once you arrive your next camping area. The climate changes a lot during the day as well. During the night, you feel the cold, especially in Ngorongoro forest, and during the day it gets really hot. The car had a refrigirator, we always had water, hot lunch boxes, which is a great luxury in savannah. If you are ready for it, Soul of Tanzania will do everything a lot easier and amazing for you. All in all, it was a memorable experience. Can't wait to do this one more time!
Thank you Emanuel and Soul of Tanzania!Written August 12, 2022
- I arranged a 6-day migration camping safari for late July by emailing this company through the address on their website. The owner, Geofrey Nassari, responded very quickly and courteously to all of my questions. Every aspect of our safari was extremely well coordinated, from the airport transfers to the covid test certificate we needed for our next destination and everything in between.
Our guide Iddy was a seasoned professional of the very highest caliber. Owing to his many years of experience, many other safari guides we ran into along the way, from several different companies, all knew him by name. Our land cruiser was equipped with a two-way radio that he used to get tips about animal sightings and such, and I heard many occasions where others on the radio would specifically call out for Iddy to talk to him. Many other safaris we saw didn't have this radio.
Our cook Salim was also excellent. He was a friendly guy and his food was delicious. Definitely wouldn't have been able to start the days at 6am without his food. Most of the time in the car he and our guide were talking to each other in Swahili... it would have been fun if I knew a bit more Swahili and could join in as it seemed they were always joking and having a good time together.
One thing I wish is that they would have spoken to us passengers more and explained more about the history and background of what we were seeing. Iddy clearly knew a lot, but I frequently had to ask him specific questions before he would start explaining things, and many times we had to ask where we were going next. Still I want to emphasize that everyone was very kind and thorough in answering our needs.
Side note: We were not big fans of the Maasai boma portion of the trip where the local tribe performed their rituals for us and hawked their souvenirs -- seemed like the classic tourist trap. Although it was included in our tour, the first thing they did when we got out of the car was ask us all for $50 each, and when they found none of us wanted to buy anything they abruptly herded us back to the car 30 minutes later, even telling us to stop taking photos and hurry back. Didn't leave a good feeling, though I can understand why Meru Slopes would want to make the stop and this was only a very minor time sink.
Last but not least I want to mention the excellent tour we got of the Arusha market on the final day. I was pleasantly surprised as this was not originally included in our safari and was only something I had asked about a few hours in advance. Raymond was exceptional in helping us navigate the busy city and also very kind and easy to talk to. Would have loved to spend more time there.
To sum up, this adventure was unforgettable and one that really underscores why I love to travel -- this review only covers a small sliver of the fantastic experience I had. Thank you thank you Meru Slopes!Written August 11, 2022
- Our family went on an 11 day safari with Augustine and it was the experience of a lifetime!! Augustine is VERY organized and knowledgeable about the animals, geography, culture, etc. He is the nicest man and we all consider him our dear friend now. My mother did the Tanzanian safari 5 years ago with Augustine as the guide and she loved the experience so much that she booked with him again because he is THE best! He works within your budget, doing 3, 4, or 5 star accommodations. You can tailor your experience to your own desires in locations, duration, etc. He and his wonderful driver Nickson got us very close to the animals and we got amazing photos. We spent time visiting a local village up close and personally, toured a Maasai tribal village, got to see 2 Mara River wildebeest crossings, went to the Oldupai Gorge, the Ngorongoro Crater, all over the Serengeti, the Arusha National Park, Tarangire National Park, tanzanite shopping, and much much more! Our family will never forget the incredible experience we had in Tanzania!!Written August 9, 2022
- We thoroughly enjoyed our time on safari in Tanzania with Safaris-R-Us! Jackson was the best! You could tell he really cared about the animals and loved sharing facts about everything we saw. Jackson was informative, professional, kind, funny, caring, and patient. He frequently checked in with us to make sure were comfortable and if we needed to make any changes to the itinerary. He kept the vehicle clean and fully stocked with water! It was a great experience!Written August 6, 2022
- My husband, brother and I experienced an 8 day safari with Safari Infinity. The experience was outstanding. Lucia made organizing and scheduling the trip very easy. She was patient and understanding with all of my emails and questions. The accommodations were outstanding, boxed lunches everyday while in safari, wonderful meals at camps and outstanding service. Our guide, Monah, was the best. Very knowledgeable and patient. He knew where to find the animals and never disappointed. We observed animal behaviors in places where we were the only people around for many miles. The trip exceeded our expectations! We plan to use safari infinity for another safari experience in the near future. Thank you Safari Infinity for giving us the experience of a lifetime!Written August 4, 2022
- Before the pandemic, we had agreed to climb Kilimanjaro for charity and thought that whilst we were in Tanzania, we should go to the Serengeti on safari. We love traveling but safari wasn't something we were fussed or knew much about. Then a friend recommended True Africa after the experience they had with them and said I should ask for Troy. So we did just that and we're so glad we did.
Troy and his team planned the entire trip for us. From the first couple of comms we knew we could trust them to make the right decisions and recommendations. We had no idea we would be in Tanzania at the start of the great migration so part of the trip they planned around that. We had the real privilege to see the Wildebeest and Zebra migration. Almost bought a tear to my eye! The trip started from the pick up at the lodge we stayed at after we got down from the mountain, to the airport drop off for our flight home and everything in between.
Safari included 2 nights at one of the best places we ever stayed at called the Planatation Lodge and 3 nights at Nyikani Migration Camp in the Northern Serengeti. Flights from Manyara airstrip to Kogatende was also included.
The guides they arranged were some of the most intelligent and knowledgeable people we have ever come across. Especially Gideon during the Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater part of the safari. (Tarangire by the way is highly underrated as a safari destination.)
This experience has completed changed our minds about safari. We're now looking at the idea of going to the Masai Mara or a South African trip a few years down the line and we will most definitely reach out to Troy and his team again.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you!!Written July 14, 2022