Showing results 1-30 of 623
What travelers are saying
- I met Festo many years ago in Arusha while I was on foot and needing a lift. I am so happy he asked me that day if he could give me a lift. Since then he has taken me to airports, graduations and funerals for the kids I help in Tanzania. He has safely transported me to projects, schools, and anywhere I needed to go. And he has become one of my dearest friends in the world. Once you travel with Festo you’ll never travel with anyone else.Written November 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great 6 Day/5 Night Tanzania Safari booked with Alex.
Recommend this outfit, but do note the following:
Initial few days commenced at the National Park entrance gates around 09:50 and 10:00 due to transfers, due to waiting for other passengers to arrive, and also due to Serengeti being a 24hr pass. So at Serengeti if you enter at 13:00 Monday, you'll need to exit by 13:00 on Tuesday.
Final day at Arusha National Park we requested and got an earlier start.
For the negotiated price, it was worth it, just wish to manage expectations and realize you won't be doing full days most of the time.
The driver was fantastic (Jacob from Meru), the cook was wonderful and even did amazing vegetarian dishes (including Banana Machelari - soo good). They really do go above and beyond to provide a phenomenal experience.
They included plenty of drinking water, and the safari vehicles even have power points to recharge your tech devices and phones (just bring a Tanzania power adapter).
Other thing to note: I'd highly recommend to pack your own binoculars from home, which we didn't.Written April 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Freeman is a fabulous guide and driver. We spent our day exploring Arusha and went to the Cultural Heritage Center, Shanga Shanga, the Maasai Market and a local fabric store. Out of a two week safari, this was our only shopping day and Freeman was very patient while we weighed all our purchasing options. His English is great and he is very knowledgeable about the city. I can't recommend him highly enough!Written November 29, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We booked a vehicle from Gfellas Transfers for a trip from Ngorongoro to Arusha and then another trip from Arusha to Nairobi via the Nmanga border. Godwin the owner, was very prompt with his responses, punctual and courteous. His car was in excellent condition, and his driving was superb. The rates were very reasonable. I will highly recommend this company to anyone who needs a private vehicle in and around Arusha.Written September 23, 2023
- We did an excellent 11 day safari, starting from Arusha. We've had such a lot of higlights, so it's difficult to name the best. My personal favorites were Serengeti, Ngorogoro Crater and Arusha National Park.
Our guide Aroni and our driver Christopher are an experienced and perfect team, dedicated to their jobs. They provided a lot of information about people, culture and nature. Aroni also speaks pretty good German, and he knows also all(?) the animals names in German.
The lodges and camps were from good to excellent, food was always very good.Written November 26, 2023
- I've been raving non-stop since returning home!! I have to apologize for taking so long to review our experience.
It was breathtaking and mind boggling .. our guide seemed to have an inate sense of when and where to be, in order to get the best and closest views of all the animals.
On more than one occasion, I looked around to see if we were getting punked and where all the cameras were ..
How could there be soooo many different groups of animals, with so many in each herd? Ostriches, Pumbas, Elephants, so many Zebras that twice, we had to wait for them to clear away from the road .. including one with a red stripe on his butt .. he may have been the slowest in the herd, but I was happy to see that he still made it through.
My son did look up a list of the animals that might be found in the preserve, and we actually saw them all .. except for a Cheetah .. apparently they are very shy .. but in truth, they're so stealthy that you probably won't see one until it's too late.🤭
The lion prides that we saw were magnificent .. on the ground, walking beside the vehicle or in the trees .. they took our breath away.
Elephants .. there aren't enough words .. whether you're sitting next to one who's enjoying his flower lunch, or looking into the eyes of the elders walking within inches of you, while you know he's probably wondering why you're in his way as he leads the herd to the watering hole, you just don't ever want to move on, in fear that you'll break the spell .. you never want those moments to end.
I can't thank our guide enough .. besides his inate ability to know where they would be, his knowledge of each animal and patience with all our questions, as well as a multitude of tidbits of knowledge that we never ever thought to ask, was greatly appreciated.
When making our arrangements, we had the pleasure of dealing with Mr. Soulpeace Mzee .. he couldn't have been more helpful and caring when making arrangements for our Safari. We were blessed the day he came into our lives. When I further needed to make arrangements for a second day of local cultural activities and shopping, he made sure that all of my requests were taken care of, and exceeded all my hopes.
There is no question that Noble will be the first call I make, the next time I'm in Arusha.Written November 20, 2023
- We rented a car for a 12 days self drive safari and Abuh took very good care of us. He welcomed us at the airport, arranged our park fees and was always available when needed. When a mechanical problem occurred, it was solved well. We can truly recommend Arusha car travels, a local organization and very reasonably priced.
Tip: don’t plan your schedule too tight. Because of the road conditions, the cars have te endure a lot. So when a mechanical problem does occur, you will still have enough time to enjoy your program to the max. 😊Written November 3, 2023
- We had a wonderful trip. Steys gave us great support in planning our trip and put together a customized itinerary that suited our needs and budget. We always received prompt feedback to any queries or requests for changes.
We were on the road for 9 days with a guide and car. Our guide, Melvin, was wonderful. During our preparations we were very unsure whether we wanted to travel with a guide or not. Melvin was extremely helpful and has an great eye for the animals and nature. His instinct and timing for sightings was incredible + he had a good feeling for positioning the car for shooting nice pictures. Thank you Melvin!
We got to know Adventure Kaskazini as a very motivated team.Written November 19, 2023
- We chose Kiwoito's company for our safari trip in Tanzania and have not regretted it for a moment. The service was outstanding even before we arrived, and the availability was very high.
We received an organized and detailed program divided by days according to our desired vibe.
Charles met us on the second day, where he also explained to us face to face the package we closed, gave us tips for the trip, and explained in detail what to expect. It put our thoughts in order and eased our fears.
Everything was just perfect and accurate. The places where we traveled and the lodges were at the level we wanted, and some were exceptional.
The trips and places we visited were right on track, and much thought had gone into it. We started in the Arusha region and ended our journey in the Serengeti, where we flew to Zanzibar. It is important to note that Charles also closed the domestic flight to Zanzibar for us, so we did not have to worry about it. We saw different tribes, heard their life story, and even joined hunting with the last hunter's tribe.
Our driver was a champion, he picked us up from the first moment, understood what we liked and didn't and took us to places where you can see all the animals worth it. It is essential in a safari to have a driver who knows the places worth visiting. Our driver has 15 years of experience, and that says it all. He was highly professional, an excellent driver, and became our friend during our time together.
Everything was at a very high level, and we enjoyed ourselves. The trip would have looked entirely different if we didn't close with them.
We highly recommend this fantastic company that created a perfect and precise honeymoon for us. The trip was tailored for us and perfectly matched our dreams.Written October 29, 2023
- I found Andrew when I searched for 4x4 in Tanzania, he was really helpful and explained me all I needed! After we meet at the airport he picked us and take to the waterfall’s, everts was really great, he helped us solve many little problems and answers so special thanks for this,after we done the first day we meet Ali(the driver)
Ali was very attentive and explained us everything by the way to serengeti he take us to the masai villages and always check if everything oky with us and if we need more water, so special Thanks to Ali too !!by the end everything was really good and fair! So many many thanks!Written May 21, 2022
- We needed a driver on our last day in Arusha after our great experience in Serengeti National Park. Emmanuel was at the airport waiting for us when we landed. Emmanuel is very friendly, his English speaking is well, a safe driver, responsible and on time. We needed to make a few stops in the city and needed to find a few souvenirs before leaving Arusha and Emmanual was very helpful and helped us to find the items. He knows exactly where to get them. I would recommend him if my friends ever go to Arusha in the future.Written January 20, 2020
- We did a 6 day / 5 night safari plus a day hike to Mt.Kilimanjaro which was unforgettable. Hadzabe made this the most amazing experience ever and every moment with them was perfect! They did a flawless job of taking care of us and always made it so we were having a fantastic time! Joshua was the best driver on the road and did everything to get us up close with the animals we wanted to see, along with being able to spot animals from miles away and helping us find them in the binoculars! Damian is an excellent chef who provided us delicious and nutritious breakfasts, lunches, and dinners and spent many hours each day keeping us fed and ready to be fresh for our safari! Japhet was an excellent mountain guide when climbing Kilimanjaro and had a great sense of humour which made him fun to hike with! Herman did a fantastic job of coordinating all the details along with giving us flexibility when there were other things we wanted to do. He did the most amazing job of planning the best safari possible! Overall, I 100% recommend Hadzabe because they gave us the best possible holiday, and I could not have asked for a more perfect trip! This company will do everything to accommodate all your needs and if I were to come back to Tanzania, I would most definitely book with them again! Thank you so much for everything you did for us!!!Written November 4, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Arusha
- These experiences are best for taxis & shuttles in Arusha:
- 5 Days Budget Private Safari, Tanzania
- 4 Days Joined Group Safari Serengeti,Ngorongoro and Tarangire National Parks
- 9 Days Private Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Safari
- Private Multi Day Tour Tanzania Safari
- 3 Day Magic Safari (Arusha, Tarangire & Manyara NP)
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for taxis & shuttles in Arusha:See more taxis & shuttles for adrenaline seekers in Arusha on Tripadvisor