Flea & Street Markets • Shopping Malls
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
47 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 47
What travelers are saying
- So, there is a great array of handmade crafts at pretty good prices (like 1/3 of the cultural center). The big problem is the aggressiveness of the owners. They are small 10' deep, very narrow sales spaces and they beg you to come into them, then block the way out and try and get you to buy something. Yes, you are free to leave, but it is uncomfortable and they really push the sales. That said, negotiating is not only accepted, but expected. Whatever their first price is, about 50% is where you will land if you properly work with them. The more you buy, the better the price goes.
Baskets, wooden kitchen utensils, and beaded items are all beautiful. There are 220 or so shops, so don't feel like you have to buy the first item, go deep and support those that never get seen.Written September 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lot of changes in AIM MALL in three years. Some new shops with new offerings. Minimore is the best among them. All kind of restaurents from Chinese , Pizas, burger, to Indian food variety. Movie Hall is spacious and offers all the new releases. Entertainment for kids and adult alike. Banking facilities to SPA . A complete Mall for Arusha with none to competeWritten March 4, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Staff are amazing, provide excellent service and always willing to assist with a smile.Will recommend this place to all for a truly amazing experience. Can't wait for the next trip...Written June 8, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Shanga House is a must when in Arusha. What you are doing for disabled men and women is quite amazing. I loved the interaction and they create very beautiful products. Glassware, jewelry, cotton tablecloths, bags etc.....Written September 18, 2022
- House of Gems is beautiful!! Outstanding service, the staff have an amazing quality of care and are very knowledgeable on the gems! Highly recommend. The quality of gems is exceptional!!Written June 23, 2022
- Excellent customer service, Excellent craftsmanship and on-time delivery. Definitely best jeweller for bespoke custom jewelry needs in Arusha. Trust me, i love jewelry.Written September 22, 2022
- This is a wonderful endeavor to promote skills for Maasai women. It's a small but lovely shop and I had a quick tour. I was able to see the women at work creating beaded jewelry. The website is well done and worth checking out if you can't get to Arusha. I would definitely recommend a visit if you are able to travel there.Written September 23, 2022
- Every detail as per out iten was covered very professionally. On time and 5 star VIP service given. Sega knows her way around and she is very professional in how she handles her clients. She went out of her way for us and gave us the best time. Her company left only lovely memories for us in all aspects of our trip.
Well done Sega for sure I will keep recommending you to one and all. All the best and hope you have a lovely year ahead.Written January 15, 2021
- My family of four had a fantastic time working in "Afrikan Wear Design". The people there are super kind and helped us in every way possible. Mama is always smiling and showing us how to do all kinds of things: beading, dyeing, and cooking. We had fun interacting with everyone, especially the little boy.
It was an eye-opening experience for my children. They saw how a loom works, how baskets are weaved, and how threads are dyed for the first time in their life. My son participated in making a new loom and my daughter made jewelry and clothes. They enjoyed their time there and learned a lot!
Thank you so much everyone for giving us such a beautiful cultural experience! I highly recommend the activity to everyone!!Written September 20, 2022
- Kim'zebra provided excellent day trips to a beautiful waterfall, the Tengeru Cultural Tourism Programme and Shanga (all highly recommended). They provided safe transport to and from Arusha and provided great information about the city, villages, flora and fauna. They are a local company and the staff are all from the area and are welcoming and generous with their knowledge and time. They were flexible about timing and catered to my interests. I highly recommend Kim'Zebra for anyone who is looking to take day trips to explore the areas around Arusha or for a longer safari.Written October 31, 2019
- I love shopping for new gems! Especially when you are in the country that produces some great ones, like garnets and tanzanite.
I knew what I wanted but just needed to find the right gem shop to help me.
I researched on the internet and also looked around the town of Arusha. The shop that kept coming up was Isle of Jewels LTD so I decided to give them a try. It’s always hard trying to find a good shop as you want to make sure you are in good safe hands when dealing with different stones.
From my experience you will are in the best of hands at this family run professional business!
They where absolutely fantastic, very knowledgeable about all of the different stones I wanted. And to top it off, every member of staff was so lovely and friendly towards us.
Wether you are spending $100 or $1000 they will accommodate your every need. The only problem is you may want to spend more than you bargained for as everything is so well made and lovely.
I got several presents for back home and some custom designs I wanted. I showed them the picture of how I wanted it and it came out exactly as the same as the picture.
I can not recommend them enough!
So much so I have their information and can still order things from over seas. Which I will be doing!
Thanks again Isle of Jewels, i am one extremely happy customer!
Rebecca :)Written July 31, 2022
- Amazing guide and now a friend ! Amazing moments in the bush will always be cherished ! Highly reliable agency . We will be back !Written September 4, 2022
- I recently became a solo traveler after my husband of 40 years passed away. Too vibrant and healthy to stay home, but afraid to travel alone. Does this sound like you? Hakuna Matata! Call Medy at Medy Africa Vacations. He will put together your trip of a lifetime according to your preferences and budget. Do you want to go to The Serengeti or Tarangire Park? Want to see lions, giraffes, and hippos? Medy knows where they are and how to find them. Medy was "born" to take people on safari. This is something he has wanted to do since he was a child. From the minute you step off the plane, until the time of your return, Medy and the many African people you will meet along the way, will make you feel warm and welcomed. I stayed in luxurious accommodations, savored gourmet food, and saw some of the most beautiful places on earth you can imagine! From sunsets on The Serengeti with wine; wildebeests, elephants, and gazelles within arms reach from my doorstep; to a private dinner in a candlelit tented camp, I experienced it all. Everyday was like "WOW"!! Thank you, Medy, my newfound friend. I will never forget you and the wonderful safari you put together for me.Written November 16, 2019
- I want to sale my green garnet I am from Tanga.Iwant first if it real garnet.It looks like grossular garnet ,how do you buyWritten April 19, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Arusha
- These experiences are best for shopping in Arusha:
- Tanzania Rafiki Adventure
- Arusha African Shopping Tour
- 8 Days Tarangire, Serengeti, Ngorongoro & Manyara Joining Group Safari Tour
- Private Local Market Tour in Tengeru
- 2 Days Tarangire & Ngorongoro Budget Mid-range Camping Safari Tour Tanzania
- These are the best places for couples seeking shopping in Arusha:See more shopping for couples in Arusha on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking shopping in Arusha:See more shopping for groups in Arusha on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Arusha:See more budget-friendly shopping in Arusha on Tripadvisor