- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travelers are saying
- ICD is the major center of Muslim at Daejeon where a large gathering at Eid accommodates over 300 people. Inside the center, there is a mosque with a separate place for male and females, a residence for the Imam and a halal food grocery shop. I am one of the regular visitors and live near the mosque. The mosque is visited by all sects of Muslims as well as the non muslims in the nearby areas.
ICD organizes numerous events which welcome both Muslim and non muslims. It includes biannual welcome parties and the Ramadan daily Iftar and community gathering Iftar on Saturdays.
Currently, the ICD is organizing Quran classes for children teaching them how to read and understand it. Also, there are weekly seminars about Islamic teachings for a better understanding of the religion.Written May 8, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was greeted here by the resident monk, who did not speak much English but was very willing to share tea and chat, anyway. This temple seems more like a typical neighborhood church, with volunteers coming in and out to help prepare for the upcoming Buddha's Birthday celebration and located in a residential area with the mountains to the west of Daejeon as a backdrop.
I enjoyed my visit very much, but it is perhaps not for everyone.Written May 14, 2014This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you were drunk on the weekend of spring flower viewing and didn't have a place to go on weekdays, walk to Yongwasa Temple, the beloved place of Daejeon Citizens, regardless of the festival! check the sign around Jewoldang and there's a road that runs under the Gyeongbu Expressway.
주말 딱히 가볼곳이 없다면 계족산 용화사, 등산로 따라 산책은 어떠신가요? 물레방아 쉼터를 발견하셨다면 보물찾기처럼 너무 반가워 탄성을 지릅니다.Written June 7, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is not a large temple, but it is cozy and pretty.
Just Standing at the entrance and taking a picture, it looks like a small postcard. I visited there in fall. But I think it will be more pretty in spring and summer than fall. If you like walking or hiking, you may go. It is said that it is the branch temple from Magoksa Temple in Gongju. It was founded by State Preceptor Doseon, a Buddhist monk at the end of the Silla Dynasty. The main temple (Daeungjeon Hall) is designated as an important tangible cultural property No. 10. by Daejeon Metropolitan city.Written June 3, 2020