What travelers are saying
- The boat journey was extremely professional, the boat was on time (to the exact minute) and the staff were very helpful. The boat provides a bathroom and also WiFi which was an added bonus. I Was rather nervous about this trip as I have heard some horror stories about the ferry and wasn’t sure if this boat would be any different, but it definitely did not disappoint. It made the trip over to Gili T very enjoyable. Couldn’t recommend this company enough. Thank you Gili Getaways :)Written November 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very well organised and professional. We had excellent communication with the company throughout. We booked boat only but they dropped us at our hotel in Lembongan free of charge. When we booked the return journey online, they contacted us to see if we wanted a pickup from the same hotel. All was on time and felt safe. More expensive than some of the others but worth it for us as we’re not keen sailors. Would definitely choose again.Written November 8, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very organised, a little waiting around, and sometimes a little delayed but purely due to the winds at sea, and got us underway as soon as possible.
A little difficult to understand the safety briefing, but their english is still better than my Indonisian.
Took a couple of trips with Bluewater, one from Padang Bei to Gilli Trawangan and one from Bangsal via Pandang Bai to Serangan, lovely to sit on the top deck of the boat, a little sea spray and the occasional drenching (we were warned!), but much nicer than sitting downstairs all closed in, as the views from the top of the boat were amazing.
Our land transportation was also organised, you do have to sign a disclaimer statement, but that is not a problem, and the transport was always on time waiting for you, with very friendly drivers.
When we boarded we were either given a bottle of water or mints, which was a pleasant surprise.
Beer was offered to purchase if you wished.Written June 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very fast boat, nice view, confortable. Staff very kind. We appreciate the facts that we could go outside.Written March 3, 2018
- A frequent visitor to the Gili islands means I use these fast boat services quite regularly. My local contact uses the Golden Queen so that the company I’m usually on. Ok so I’ve been on many different company’s boats and this summary is equally applicable to them all. THEY ARE MOSTLY ALL THE SAME. The inside of the boats during peak seasons gets packed and the temperature is stifling. Windows seldom open and there is usually only one well used toilet on board that is most often located towards the back. Despite the boats having ‘aircon’, forget it if you think this will cool. In many cases they don’t work or are never turned on. If you chose to go upstairs smother yourself in sun cream or frankly cook. This is not a tanning location. Some boats sell Bintang but prices are high. If you are likely to be thirsty during the journey maybe get o e or two beers from the lovely local sellers before boarding. Staff are always good fun. A word of warning-don’t think the men at the wharf offering to help with your bag are being friendly…if you find someone has helped with your bag, you will need to pay to get it out of their hands. Overall Golden Queen is not bad.Written November 8, 2023
- I had a traumatic boat trip on the Semaya One fast boat from Bali to Gili T. The boat felt like it was too small and ill-equipped to deal with the open ocean. The boat rocked intensely and felt like it was going to capsize. We paid for a return ticket and decided we weren’t going to go through that experience again so we booked the larger and safer Eka Jaya to return back to Bali. This was much safer option. Don’t book with Semaya One or any small fast boat if you value your life and mental health.Written November 17, 2023
- It's a nice quick ride to Nusa Lembongan but just beware you walk into the water to knee level or just above to get on and off. Just think about using a backpack to avoid getting your stuff wet. Also wear something short or something you can tuck up. Also if you're older, overweight, or unfit it can be challenging to get on and off as there is NO railing to help lift yourself up. They have staff there to help but still difficult. If you're young you'll do it easy.Written February 7, 2020
- For the love of God think twice before you take this trip. It's not so much the company itself that's terrible, it's the journey. All ferry companies are very similar. But we definitely got very seasick and scared. Twice the engines cut off in the middle of our journey from Nusa Penida to Gili Trawangan, leaving the boat dead in the water while the big waves shook us left and right without mercy. No idea if this is a common thing that happens but if so, we weren't informed about it.
Thr journey took us about 1hr45minutes, which is pretty quick, but for the larger part of it was an awful experience with all the seasickness symptoms that come to mind, so be prepared and take a bag of two in case you need it to throw up.
A fast ferry that left before us (different company but similar boat) were even less lucky and came to a complete stop and had to be towed in.
Next time we are most definitely flying to avoid any long ferries, or at least we'll take s bigger slow ferry that handles waves better. Never this again.
This rating mostly applies to the experience and not so much the company itself. But it just didn't feel safe.Written January 1, 2023
- On time service, pleasant staff. Appreciate their wapp support from the team, all went perfectly good, Best way to get to Gili islands from the Bali
Highly recommend Easy Gili company!Written August 3, 2019
- We used Nacha Fast Boat as it was included in our booking at Mahigiri Resort on Nusa Lembongan. This was an overall good experience.
Departing Harbour in Sanur was only a 30k IDR ride with Blue Bird Taxi. I think if booking with Nacha independently, transfers are included but not totally sure.
Once arriving at the office. Check in was well organized, Boat was on time and our luggage was loaded and unloaded for us.
We boarded the boat in Sanur from the pier So no walking in water but in Lembongan you have to off load in knee deep water which is totally fine and comparable to all other boat companies.
The boat was comfortable, safe and lifejackets provided. We had No issues with Nacha.Written September 12, 2019
- We took the fast boat last week between Sanur and Nusa Lembongan.
We left 45 mins late from Sanur. The ride was horrible, it was a sunny day with just a little wind. It felt totally unsafe and dangerous.
Arrived in Lembongan had to wait another 25 mins on board till able to get off the boat, it was so hot a lot of people weren't feeling well and almost fainted.
When we finally were able to get off the boat our luggage were dropped off in the sand, they were soaking wet from the ride, we were just left there. No drop off to our hotel provided by Tanis, nothing.
I will never take them again I found a very serious and reliable foast boat company for the return. Of course Tanis didn't want to refund the return ticket that we did not use, but it didn't even matter at that point we preferred to be safe.Written April 28, 2023
- El Rey are promoting themselves as a luxurious way of discovering the islands around Bali. We booked a tour to Nusa Penida which included the hotel pickup + drop off, a welcome drink and a tour on the island. After pickup we had to checkin at a crowded little office where you had to wait outside until someone guided the entire group to the boat. The boarding went well but the boat was crowded and very warm. The tour on the island was okay but we had to rush from one place to the other. All of them were very touristic (obviously) so it takes special skills to take a nice picture without a bunch of random people on it. We had to rush away from the last stop so we only spent like 5 minutes there as the driver needed to bring us back to the harbor. We were dropped off at 4pm while the return trip was planned at 5pm so we sat there in another crowded lobby for an hour. Once we boarded the boat we had to wait again for another 25 minutes before finally leaving at 17:25. Terrible service and not worth the money you pay for it.Written September 28, 2023
- This is the best fast boat company, good service, safe, clean and very fast, don't stop at other areas in Bali, have a private port and pick up very well.
I recommend choosing this company to sail from Bali to Gili Island.Written December 7, 2018
- We travelled from Ubud to Sanur by minivan and then to Nusa Penida by boat. Minivan part was good, but it was when we arrived that surprises started to happen...
We arrived at 11:00, presumably to be in time for the boat. We purchased the tickets and were told that at 11:30 we would go to the boat. Well, 11:40, 11:50 - no actions from the staff... Finally we went at about 12:00 and were told that the boat departs at 12:15. Instead of going to the boat, we were herded together with other tourists to another 'frontdesk' where some extremely valuable info was collected - our names and our destination (all of which we had submitted 1 hour ago...). Then we were taken to another checkpoint, where our bags were put in a separate heap to be delivered to the boat. All in all I had the impression that the process could be streamlined in a much more efficient manner and with much fewer people involved.
Time the boat departed - 12:45, i.e. 1 hour after the originally declated time. Any apologies from the staff? Of course not. Not sure they perceived this as a problem anyway...
More fun was to come next... Instead of going straight to Nusa Penida, the boat travelled to Lembongan - where we had to wait 50 minutes (!) for a small boat to arrive to take the departing passengers.
We arrived to Nusa P with an approx. 2 hour delay - on what should have been a 45-minute journey.
Welcome to Indonesia :)Written June 16, 2019
- This was a round trip organised by my hotel at Nusa Lambogan. Round trip ticket with no luggage limitation was a good buy for me. The boats are big but finding office is an issue. Marlin fast boat leaves from the counter Rocky fast boat which has good visibility. One will have to walk through water to board the boat, wear slipper for your convenience.Written April 25, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Denpasar
- These are the best places for groups seeking ferries in Denpasar:See more ferries for groups in Denpasar on Tripadvisor