- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
18 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- The Avalon History Museum is one of those hidden gems down the shore that get missed by tourists going to the beach.
The Museum is packed with information on the formation of the City of Avalon from its days as a place where Native Americans used to live and fish to the early resorts of the area and the development of the rail system at the shore. There are displays of restaurants, local businesses, the hotels and how the railroads developed the area.
There was a interesting display of the local Beach Patrol that seems to dominate these small historical societies at the shore as it is such an important part of the community.
The museum is free which was nice and the staff was very friendly and welcoming.Written September 23, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Tried the paddle boards here and since my friend was new to it we got a very good tutorial from the guy who checked us in. Very chill and super sweet.Written July 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very clean! Nice people! Had fun! Luv miniature golf! Would definitely cone back if in the area again!!Written August 21, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great family owned fishing charter - friendly and knowledgeable crew that knows how to find the fish! I traveled from Maryland to fish with them. Had a great time! Highly recommend this charter for your solo adventures or trips with friends and family!Written November 22, 2020
- When in Avalon NJ must stop at this boutique. It is filled with such unique items from clothing to candles and everything in-between. You are made to feel welcomed to brouse and enjoy all the one of a kind items. The owner is always ready to assist you in finding what you need and will call one of her other stores in Doylestown and Chestnut Hill Pa.if you can't find it here. Once you have been there you will always go back. Pricing is extremely moderate which makes it a definite stop while cruising the town.Written September 4, 2019
- Captain Mike is one of a kind. Always finds the fish! Give them a call for your next trip. You won't be dissapointed.Written December 3, 2020
- Great time.. crew did a great job.. Ambler joe and Twsp Tyler were the best...tried multiple ways to catch the yellowfin....and we did!Written July 21, 2016
- Definitely a recommendation for any visitors! awesome instructors and a lot of fun for the little ones and even the adults. the instructors have been excellent with any age. 10 out of 10 would recommend taking anyone here!Written January 12, 2022
- Whenever I am on the island, I make sure I visit Spa Avalon for a massage. Locally owned, this is just a true gem of the island. Massages are great, facials too! And everyone who works there is incredibly nice. The place is spotlessly clean, which really matters in a spa. I look forward to my monthly massages -- just a 5 star location!Written June 11, 2018
- Awesome experience! The instructors are so much fun, my kids always enjoy going! They are well equipped, easy to show up and get surfing!Written July 1, 2022
- This place may not be as decked out as other mini golf places but it was perfect for our 3, 8, and 10 year olds. We were in Avalon on a slow day and the lady was extremely nice to the kids and told them they could stay as long as they wanted. It is connected to an interior design store. We enjoyed our time mini golfing and appreciated the friendliness.Written May 31, 2018
- Sol Luna is a beautiful welcoming yoga studio with all of the yoga props you need to enjoy a variety of classes. The teachers are all highly qualified and it’s owner Amy Sue Smith brings a wealth of teaching experience to every practice she guides. From beginner to seasoned yogi you will feel at home here.
Monthly Restorative Workshops are my favorite place to unplug and relax. It’s not easy for me to quiet my mind but here I find peace of mind and body come together. We could all use a digital detox, a time to just BE and receive.
You will be smiling when you float out of the studio :)Written April 15, 2018
- This place reminded of the arcades when I was little. Crowded and noisy. A bit hot. Kids all over the place. And not sure this place has been updated since we were little...
Can't complain about skee ball and race car games - we had fun. But dont expect a large selection or a modern variety.Written July 24, 2018
- When we moved to the area full time two years ago, we searched for a new massage therapist. Sunstone Massage was the winner, hands down. My wife also takes advantage of the yoga classes offered. Lots of shore businesses operate seasonally. Sunstone is open year round.Written September 20, 2016
- Well designed and cared for. No spectacular views, though, and no particularly memorable holes. A bit expensive for an early Monday morning but such is life.
The starter was a bit rude for 6 AM but still enjoyed the round.Written July 24, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Avalon
- The most popular things to do in Avalon with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Avalon on Tripadvisor