Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Rijeka
What travelers are saying
- We stopped off here on our travels. We weren’t able to go in due to a wedding but walked around the outside. If driving you can park for free on setaliste joakima rakocva - it means you avoid the steps too.Written September 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great computer and videogame console museum!! You can find some really rare exhibits here! There are many machines you can actualy try! Staff is excelent too! Highly recommended.Written August 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a beautiful pedestrian-only street with lots of shopping and restaurants. There is also a beautiful city tower that used to be an entrance through the walls into the old town.Written January 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Interesting building, vibrant market for local produce. Visited as part of walking tour. Great architecture and lots of historical sites.Written September 29, 2022
- Nice and central. Interesting history and a bit unusual with the circular building. Interesting story of the single shell inbedded in the wall. Worth to see inside as well.Written October 10, 2021
- A lovely, large building smack dab in the center of the Old Town of Rijeka. It's impressive, with a nice park to sit in and enjoy the surroundings. Looking forward to seeing the interior which is so raved about locally.Written December 30, 2020
- One of the best known places of pilgrimage. There's a special sculpture to John Paul II who made a visit in 2003. Magical 🙏🏻Written March 31, 2022
- Gradski Toranj (City Tower) is a symbol of Rijeka and a good example of a typical round tower access-point, which once lead into the fortified town. It is a symbol of a pedestrian-only shopping and dining area called Korso.Written January 5, 2022
- Very nice. Wide range of Rijeka history together wih marin history. Perfect for families who are intristed in ships and historyWritten July 28, 2022
- If you are staying as we were in the Palace Hotel then you are near to the start of this walk/hike up into the hills. There are 2 ways to get to the start either up behind the hotel past the bus station and turn left and there is a small hidden path way on the right or the more easier route is past the Boutique restaurant on the main road and the path begins on the left hand side. The route is either to Veprinac or Carmen Sylva trail, sign posts are situated throughout the park area and then you get to the road where you follow this trail through a small tunnel and then you are up into the wooded area, you now follow the trail via either wooden signposts, marked signposts or the bullet markers in red and white. Some signs are hidden by overgrown trees/bushes so do keep at look out at all junctions. The path splits into 2 around a 20 minute walk where one direction is for Veprinac and the other up the stairs is to Carmen Sylva. Do be aware that when you come to the main carriageway the signs have been moved slightly but follw the main road around and pass under the road taking care as there is no footpath and continue to follow. Some of the areas are very steep and hard going so do take plenty of fluids especially if it is a hot day and so wear suitable footware. When you arrive at the village it is a small hike up the winding road past the school and its garden and keep on the path heading up towards the church. You will come to a building that houses the old prison cell pass through here and continue up the steps to the church. The views from the top are very good and worth the climb but you do need a clear day. There are a few water fountians along the route to replenish water bottles. You can come down 2 ways but we stuck to our route as the other way looked like it was descending through peoples back gardens and we were unsure of this route. Do allow plenty of time for your walk and if you enjoy the countryside and walking/hiking this is for you.Written August 16, 2019
- Gorgeous day!
Lovely place, this is the most beautiful beach around the area, easy to access by bus and also by walk! Don’t missedWritten June 13, 2022
- As a resident of Rijeka, I've been a few times. It's an impressive historic palace turned martime and history museum, it's a nice building to see, and there are interesting exhibits. It's located in the museum district, along with the city and torpedo, natural history, computer and toy museums. Visit one, then the rest of them, you can probably make a whole day out of it.Written December 4, 2018
- Go inside and climb the magical steps up and be sure to take a peek in the library too! We got lucky and a choir was practicing on the top floor which was an added treat. It's a beautiful building.Written June 21, 2017
- Buy tickets in advance as queues are often long on harbour.
Ferry leaves promptly so beware and make sure you know which berth you are going to.
Plenty of outside seating but also seating in lounges.
Despite the bar having illuminated card machine bar person was adamant hkr cash only! This is typical of bars and restaurants in Split at this time as they move to Euro in 2023.
When you get off ferry in Stari Grad there are no local buses but it’s 20/25 minutes walk along partly paved footpath.
Most attractions appear closed on Monday or by midday.Written June 20, 2022
- I greatly enjoyed being able to attend Mass here and see this wonderful church firsthand. I found the architecture of this church interesting, but later found out that this church was never finished. There were plans to make a grand steeple above the front entrance of this church that could majestically be seen by ships and boats arriving in Rijeka, but those plans for the grand steeple never came to be. This is why this church looks as it does today. My hostel was right across the street from this church, so while I was in Rijeka, I visited here each day.Written January 13, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Rijeka
- The best day trips from Rijeka according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Pula, Rovinj & Panoramic Istrian Coast from Rijeka
- Opatija, Rijeka, Trsat Private tour from Zagreb
- Postojna Cave & Predjama Castle from Rijeka
- Day Trip from Rijeka to Opatija
- Plitvice Lakes Private Guided Tour from Rijeka with Transfer to Zagreb
Rijeka Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 4:43 PM|