- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
39 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 39
What travelers are saying
- We spent a day our cruising the Rosario Islands. Sone of the beaches areceobderful, clear waters and white sands. Some good snorkeling opportunities.
Facilities are limited and it's a bit rough and ready, but very relaxing all the same.Written July 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Pleaseeeee stay away from this beach do not go please do not go its filled with low lifers its filthy and it a slum beachWritten January 3, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our guide Omer was very knowledgeable and patient with the multitude of questions that the 7 kids were throwing at him. The place is great to discover the reptiles of the Colombian Caribbean coast.Written January 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I would not visit this neighborhood alone, only with trusted guide or organized group. The area is very poor and apparently known to take advantage of tourists. So organized trip is the way to go. We drove along the beaches peppered with many very primitive but lovely restaurants. One day we visited a local school organized by an Italian couple for the poor children of this neighborhood. This school is a worthy project and we donated school supplies to the director of the school. On a separate day we had a dugout canoe trip through the La Boquilla mangroves. It was very pleasant, no mosquitoes. Afterwards we had a coconut water drink from a local bar. Very nice memories but we heard some scary stories from this neighborhood so one has to exercise caution. Do not become a victim, keep a low profile we were told.
The actual beaches are full of litter but picturesque, nice view of the sea.Written June 24, 2017
- It’s a pretty average park, bordering on sub-par. But what really makes it is wandering under the trees to watch the little monkeys leaping from tree to tree and the giant iguanas relaxing and munching on the foliage!
Advice - take with you some fruit from the street vendors for the monkeys and if you’re lucky they’ll come down to pluck it out of your hand :)Written June 6, 2022
- This park is situated about a five-minute walk outside the walls. It has limited opening hours (3 pm - 8 pm on some days, when we visited), but it worth a visit. It was nicely landscaped and clean. It is particularly suitable for families with children, as there are many play structures for kids. There are also statues of famous Colombians sprinkled throughout the park. The park is set at the water's edge, which adds a nice touch, especially at dusk.Written February 17, 2019
- This is a basic beach. Nice and relaxing. The food is average to say the least. It is less crowded than some of the other beaches within the city limits.Written May 22, 2016
- I visited this place with my girlfriend and had a really great time. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the music was great! They even have 2 parrots that live full time roaming free around the property.. the boat ride over and back was quick. I will definitely go back on my next visit to Cartagena.Written January 12, 2019
- The beach has nice soft dark sand.There are cabannas with chairs available to rent & venders with food & beverages prowl the beach. There are no beach bars or retaurants on the beach.. The locals ( shockingly) tend to be litterbugs but there are people that show up in green coveralls that pick-up after them?Written February 14, 2020
- Playas de Marbella is Ann OK Beach between the airport and El Centro. Primarily for locals. There are onl6 a couple of hotels in the immediate area. But, you’ll want to stop here on your way into El Centro from the airport, if only to get a touristy photo in front of the multi-colored Cartagena sign at the beach.Written March 29, 2018
- Amazing place! My wife and I were recently on a cruise and just a short walk from the ship is Port Oasis. We were amazed at the numerous birds, monkeys, anteater, etc. Many of the birds were out and we could get an up-close look and pictures. There is no cost to walk through. They did have a gift shop and cafe as well. Highly recommend going if you are stopping on a cruise.Written March 24, 2022
- This is a place close to the walled city that both locals and tourists could use to simply sit down and relax a little. It is not a must see attraction or anything close but a simple nice open space with trees (and enough shade) to spare some timeWritten May 14, 2018
- The monument is nice and a bit hard to get there because of the traffic. Is on the other side of the main street, so you have to cross while cars are coming with speed...but once you're there you can relax and look to the sea.Written October 16, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Cartagena
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Cartagena:
- Bora Bora Cartagena - Beach Club - Full Day Experience
- Full-Day Rosario Islands Including Barú, Cholon and Playa Blanca
- Cartagena ATV Tour
- Half-Day Tour to Totumo Mud Volcano from Cartagena
- Private tour to the mud Volcano and Pink Sea
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Cartagena:See more nature & parks for couples in Cartagena on Tripadvisor