Bodies of Water • Beaches
38 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 38
What travelers are saying
- This is a very beautiful beach, well maintained with nice soft, clean sand. Water too is clean but chilly in the winter months. Few adventure beyond dipping their feet in the water. Inexpensive in the off season.Written January 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I did not have high expectations about this tourist spot, but was even more surprised about the beauty of Wuzhizhou Island. Especially the track trough the middle of the island is amazing, beautiful flower garden and little animals running around. Totally worth taking the trip from Sanya to here.Written December 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful beach for enjoyable walks. There was a chilly breeze coming off the water on our December visit. Lots of rock formations. Breathtaking views.Written December 10, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We get to the park by mistake, cause the Orchid garden was closed at that day, and taxi driver just took us to the "Sky Grottoes" park.
We were not really enthusiastic about the place at the beginning. We entered the park in the morning at about 10am, but it was already full of people in beatifull costumes - a big crowd of brides, grooms and photographers - then we learned that this park is one of the best places for wedding photosessions!
Fortunately for us newelyweds occupied area close to the beach side, so we could continue our walk further. Nearby the entrance and a big food court there was a museum of Hainan history with remains of ancient trees in the garden, found in the nearest rivers, some of them were of 5000 years old!
You can take a touristic bus to travel between locations, but we decide to walk and then the road led us along the beach to the next park location with food, high stairs to monks temple and lovely stone turtles.
Several signs attracted us to climb the hill by stone stairs, where top of the hill called "Golden Gates" - well, to finish this path up you need to have really "golded" strength and stamina! But the feeling at the top is worth two-hour climbing! You can have a rest in peace and silence - the only sound you can hear is murmur of waves 900 meters below you - this is the height you just reached! Take enough water with you before climbing, otherwise you risk not to finish the route!
On the way down you will be really tired physically, but absolutely rested mentally!
The park provides you a combination of marvelous beachside panoramas and a chance to test your power! I wish I could visit this park again!Written October 6, 2019
- The South (China) Sea Guanyin is a masterpiece and must see and visit in this huge park. Walking around this park is a bit physical especially in Summer. For the ones who have health issues they can rent golf cart just after the entrance. More economical way is to take the little trains that stops frequently at different stations for attractions. The sea view from different points in the park is relaxing to breathtaking. This is a must visit park for tourists visiting Sanya.Written July 7, 2020
- We stay for around 4 hours in February 2019. The small jacussy don't have bubbles. but water is very hot. It is small park with trees, air is very good. The place have 5-6 bigger swimming pools 1 small lake and maybe more than 70 small like jacussy pools. Another good thing is marble beds for relax which are very hot and pool with small fishes which peel your skin, very refreshingWritten January 30, 2019
- A very nice Sandy beach with clear and clean water.
It is a public one so be ready to be bothered by many outsiders.
Very far from any attraction or even resturants or cafes.
Bring your own stuff as you will find nothing thereWritten May 19, 2021
- Went with elderly parents and young kids. It's a really good place for all generations. There are frequent shuttle busses to bring you to different parts of the park so that was amazingly easy. The trails aren't too hard either for the elderly folks. There are fun activities for the bigger kids such as zip lining (there were 3 different zip lines) but the most fun for those under 70 years old was the giant 3km slide at the top of the mountain. It was a water slide on a glass path heading down the mountain -- super thrill ! It was like being in a water park -- fast and exciting and so much fun.
Take note that the park is quite strict about ages so they don’t allow people under 10 and above 70 to take the rides or even walk on the suspension bridge or the glass bridge. Which is a pity cause the glass bridge is the main highlight of the park. But there are other trails for the elderly too. The cinema experience was quite a treat as well – it’s a 4G type cinema experience and the show was about the whole park and seeing all the different areas of it – it was very well done and I would recommend watching it.
Our taxi driver offered to help us buy tickets which was helpful so they could help translate the ticket packages and they get a commission from the park – we still pay the same rate so I would recommend everyone let their taxi drivers help them buy the tickets. This seems to be the case to any attraction in Haikou – the taxi drivers get a commission if they help you buy the tickets so why not help them out.
We had an excellent taxi driver lady whom we used for all our 4 days in Sanya – ping me and I can share her contact! We communicated via wechat and wechat had a seamless translation software so it’ll be easy for non mandarin speakers too.Written September 6, 2023
- The park is close yo town and easily signposted. The pre-show documentaries show have subtitles and there is an English description before each of the 4 acts so you know the theme. Well choreographed, acted and costumed. Not a fan of the zoo part but otherwise a good day out.Written August 21, 2022
- I walked the whole way up to the park but you can bus or taxi there.
Once inside the park you can pay to have a tourist bus take you up or walk up - about 6km. I walked and was glad I did (despite the heat!) There is an adorable little peacock garden; while I think there were too many peacocks in their section the rabbit section was adorable! Since I was the first person to arrive I even got to feed the rabbits their afternoon treat. There are also some deer in a very sparse and small enclosure; though they look very healthy. Plus lots of vantage points to stop and admire along the way.
I headed late afternoon so I could get the views during the day and night. The story of the name and the statute are found at the base of the statue in English.
*Lots* of cafes etc to stop for drinks and snacks and enjoy the view.
You can slide down or bus when you are finished. Worth the visit!Written April 26, 2021
- We just did the walking trails, not the glass bridge - a very pleasant afternoon in a lovely forest environment, suitable for all ages. The so-called wetland area is very pretty and there is a lovely pond near the tea drinking arbour. Pathways are enjoyably random. Some good views from the bus which takes you up to the park. Reasonable food court at the entrance, even got a decent coffee in Dicos! Worth a visit but don't expect a wilderness or silence!Written December 22, 2020
- Aquarium is beautiful but not very clear tour to know where to go and what you can see. There was not enough time to explore because we were part of a tour group. Very expensive shopping mall connected.Written July 8, 2022
- Pretty good experience. She is so cute and lively, the fur of her is also amazing. I will definitely come again!Written December 25, 2020
- We love the night view of Phoenix Island. We can easily cross the bridge from Sanya city by taxi. But we choose enjoyed the night view from Sanya beach.
Visited on August 2019.Written October 5, 2020
- The main attraction of Xi Dao is the adjoining small Niuwang Dao (island) sporting a massive eponymous golden bull on its summit. A pleasant excursion with some good views, fresh sea air and a busy open air food stall on the little island. The main island appears to lack much charm and promotes many activities which didn't seem to attract any punters. Ferry leaves just West of Sanya airport. Make sure to get there by mid-morning. When we returned at 3:00pm, the outbound ferries were heavingWritten December 22, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Sanya
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Sanya:
- Private day tour to Nanshan temple and Tianyahaijiao with Lunch start from Sanya
- 2 Days Tour to Hainan Wuzhishan Canyon Rafting and hiking tour with lunch
- One Day Private Tour of NanShan Temple Including Vegetarian Buffet Lunch
- Half Day Private Tour to Yanoda Tropical Rain Forest Park
- One Day Private Tour of Yanoda Tropical Rain Forest Park and Li Minority Culture Park