Speciality Museums • History Museums
Admission tickets from $132
Art Galleries • Speciality Museums
Admission tickets from $12
Showing results 1-30 of 35
What travelers are saying
- This small, but well laid out museum was quite sobering. I had a vague sense of what happened during the time of Pol Pot, but the reality of those days still effect Cambodians even today. The founder of the museum, Aki Ra, is a humble man I felt honored to meet him. By the time he received the CNN. Hero award he had already unearthed 50,000 landmines. His story is that of legend and, and although I was shoot to my core, I count this as a highlight of my trip to Siem Reap.Written November 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a wonderful, and beautiful, museum that not only showcases some of the finest sculpture and artifacts from Angkor, it’s also a quick and easy walk through the history of the area.
I did a temple tour my first day here, the museum my second - and really wished I’d done the museum first. I’d have better understood what I was seeing in that order.
Looking at the amount of rooms in the museum, you may think there’s not a lot, but I was there three hours. Partly because there are excellent videos (with seating areas) throughout the museum, all available in a variety of languages.
I would recommend the museum as a start to every visit here, it’s really a shame more people aren’t making the time. Highly recommend.Written November 23, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When visiting this place, it’s a good idea to get the guide from the veteran if available. I’m not sure I would’ve had the same experience without him telling his story. We all know the horrors of war but it’s much more poignant hearing it from someone who was there and actually hearing how even though it’s ended it’s still impacting civilian lives. Walking around the museum we could see the remnants of the war, but without someone there explaining them I would’ve just seen them as rusting tanks etc.Written October 19, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Such a huge variety of art works here to view. Charged a small entrance fee. If you love art you could easily spend a couple of hours here walking around. Little bridges, water, gardens just make this place quite special.Written May 26, 2023
- It’s good but it’s a little bit old. Some paintings change color. Light level a little bit low that made some paintings not “3D-ish”. However, it’s kind of never-seen before. Great art. Excellent light show. Recommended.Written November 5, 2023
- This is a must visit destination if you travel to Siem Reap. Suggest you get a tuk tuk from town (not too far away but you don't want to walk in the high heat and humidity) and have them wait for you while you explore as it's not a large place.
The venue has a workshop and a gallery. A lady named Sina spoke perfect English and walked me through the workshop and the process they undergo, including the lacquerware and how they make some of the art pieces, including the one I eventually ordered.
I fell in love with a particular piece with silver leaf lotus flowers but it was mounted on wood (ie high freight costs and custom issues) and didn't have fish. Sina indicated that they could custom make something for me, put it on canvas, and add koi that I wanted (rather than the catfish they usually have). I prepaid including freight cost, which was very reasonable given it was made to order. Sina also sent me a picture of different koi via Whatsapp for me to choose which ones I wanted.
The canvas arrived professional packaged so it wouldn't be damaged in transit. I had it stretched and mounted on a floating frame (attached) at 176x93cm.
I highly recommend this place and to take home (or order) a high quality piece of art work at a reasonable price and support the local community.Written March 23, 2020
- Having lived in several South East Asian countries including some 3 years in "Khmerland", I was fortunate to visit both DIWO Galleries and meet the owner Ms. Sokha Chung. I found the courtesy extended to me by this lady to be exemplary to say the least. Her knowledge of the Khmer history and culture was superb. Most professional and ethical in her representations and dealings.. Of course, some of the items/merchandise - to some - maybe "pricey"... but good unique things are well worth buying. And if I were allowed I would have also "taken" the centrepiece ~ Ms. Sokha Chung ~ if she was available...unfortunately not so!Written June 13, 2017
- Lovely small gallery supporting education and training for young people.
Community oriented and inclusive.Written August 21, 2023
- Lots of in depth information and haunting artefacts very well presented in a beautiful respectful peaceful setting in a non-glorified way. An informative, moving and memorable experience. Much respect to the curators, they have done an excellent job with a very difficult exhibit.Written January 31, 2020
- What a fabulous place and so grateful to the owner ( Terry?)for taking the time to talk to us and tell us about the artists and the fantastic work that is going on. Do go- y ou won’t regret it.
Thanks again for the information chat.Written March 13, 2020
- This small ceramic shop is situated in the attractive narrow and quirky street, Alley West, in the heart of downtown Siem Reap.
The front of the building has quaint blue shutters on the windows and door and distressed brickwork on the outside was rather eye catching.
Sunday 10th January, we were exploring Siem Reap, we discovered this shop and we had a walk about , there were some wonderful pieces of beautiful handmade pottery and ceramics on display along with other gift ideas.
A charming little shop definitely worth a visit.Written January 25, 2019
- I bought one of the Apsara heads that was made by Jayav Art a few years ago in Phnom Penh and wanted to see their workshop while in Siem Reap.
They produce beautiful paper-mache artwork and then paint them to look like they are made of stone. Many of the designs are taken from the statues and wall reliefs of Angkor Wat. They are simply stunning. Sadly the workshop didn't seem to be open the day we visited. We really would have liked to see the craftspeople making the masks.
If you are looking for some very beautiful and unique gifts to bring home then stop here. You wont be disappointed.Written July 7, 2019
- A fabulous visit to this delightful museum.
Great displays, wonderful hospitality and informative content.
MOEUN OMRA and TRY SOKUNTHEARY were perfect guides, welcoming and knowledgable.
Highly recommended - it’s a lovely and interesting way to spend an hour.Written September 16, 2023
- What an informative and valuable experience that everyone should have. I genuinely believe if the Seeing In The Dark exhibit were closer to town there would be a line out the door, it's a shame they receive so few guests. It's a cheap tuk tuk ride from town to have an educational experience that should be more readily available worldwide. Thank you Krousar Thmey and Cambodia for providing this unique opportunity. Go! (Side note: the school was renamed Siem Reap Special Education High School, but currently you can find it by Google both the new and old names). The exhibition is open every day from 3pm-6pm.Written February 29, 2020
- A great shop to visit and learn about what this organisation does for youth. You can support by buying some of the art work produced by the young people. A variety of art and craft and prices. Inspirational.Written October 14, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Siem Reap
- These experiences are best for museums in Siem Reap:
- Angkor National Museum Admission
- Private Angkor Wat Private Sunrise VIP private Tour
- Angkor Wat Sunrise VIP Bike Private Tour
- Angkor Small tour Bakeng sunset Full day by Join-in
- Angkor National Museum with transport
- These are the best places for groups seeking museums in Siem Reap:See more museums for groups in Siem Reap on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for museums in Siem Reap:See more hidden gem museums in Siem Reap on Tripadvisor