Historic Sites • Monuments & Statues
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- This is the fifth gate of "Angkor Thom", the capital city of the Khmer Empire built, in the 12th and 13th centuries, by the legendary builder King Jayavarman VII. Its name - "Victory Gate" - derives from the assumption that Khmer troops would leave or enter "Angkor Thom" through this magnificent triumphal arch. Right after the temples of "Thommanon" and "Chau Say Tevoda", a causeway with giant statues (although restored, it is not as well-preserved as the one at South Gate - many bodies and most heads missing) leads to "Victory Gate", built at the Eastern wall of "Angkor Thom" and in line to the "Royal Square", through the towers of "Prasat Suor Prat", the "Terrace of the Elephants", the ancient Hindu temple of "Phimeanakas" and the "Royal Palace". "Victory Gate" and its giant balaustrade is best viewed at mornings, when natural lighting is perfect for your pictures and, please, do not forget to ask your local guide or driver to stop at "Victory Gate", as they sometimes skip it, stopping only at the also magnificent and more complete "South Gate of Angkor Thom". Enjoy!Written November 4, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Although you may not be able to see it clearly but still its an interesting place, there are approx 1000 lingas and sculptures of Hindu God and Goddess which are engraved in stones under the river. This river gets dried out in Summer and with rain and winter river starts flowing again.
When we visited it was small stream of water and we could see various sculptures under the water include god and goddess sculpture.
Unique placeWritten May 24, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I would recommend mr chen over other tuk tuk's, very nice guy who can add some story's too the site.Written March 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Siem Reap
- These places are best for monuments & statues in Siem Reap:See more monuments & statues in Siem Reap on Tripadvisor