Historic Sites • Churches & Cathedrals
Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Sibenik
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- The exterior of this gothic renaissance stone cathedral is certainly impressive and worth a visit especially for some of the masonry work such as the very impressive Lion Gate and if you are on a guided tour of this UNESCO heritage site they will explain the significance of some of the 71 stone heads adorning the structure. Built of local sandstone the building looks it’s best in the late afternoon sun and as others have mentioned the northern staircase to the square opposite ( the one that leads up to the Michelin star restaurant ) is the best place to catch its most impressive vista at this time.
I would probably still recommend spending the 40kn to go inside but primarily because it includes entrance to the new interpretive centre a short walk away which gives a lot of good information on the history of the Cathedral. By cathedral standards the interior is not that impressive and in line with what you would find in most regional Italian towns, but there are some good points such as the small baptistery, which is well worth a visit, and the stained glass windows above the alter, especially if the sun is streaming through them.Written September 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Highly recommend this wine tasting tour. What a great group of owners! Most fun I've ever had on a wine tour!Written October 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We learned so much and enjoyed interacting with the birds! So worth it for a great cause, too. The presenter was so knowledgeable and engaging, even after a long day we had so much fun!Written October 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The setting was lovely and very authentic and the service from the waiter was great but, you are paying for the experience.
The food was ok but nothing special and the price at the end certainly didn’t reflect the quality of the food. It’s nice to have done it but I won’t be rushing back.Written August 27, 2021
- Wonderful place to relax and unwind. Beautiful vistas, great hiking/walks around the cities. Friendly people and merchants,Written November 16, 2022
- There is nothing interesting in the fortress itself, but there are great views of the old town of Sibenik. However, the price of admission is quite high.Written July 19, 2022
- The Town hall in Šibenik is situated on one side of the medieval central town square (the Square of the Republic of Croatia), with the Cathedral of St James on the opposite side.
This Renaissance building was originally built between 1533 and 1546 but sadly completely destroyed in December 1943 by the allied air forces. It was restored in its original form after the war and although therefore the current building is just a model of the original, the ground-floor cloister (with columns supporting semi-circular arches) are still very impressive and the building frames the square in an elegant way.
I cannot comment on the interior as we chose to visit inside the cathedral over this one.Written September 27, 2022
- Due to Corona restrictions our family went to the fortress in "private tour", because there was noone else on board. We liked it very much. Yes, it was expensive (around 100 HRK per person), but a travel agency offered us an audio guide, that explained new and interesting facts, the stuff was always ready to help and the view from the boat was marvelous. Audio guide is also good for children, as they have some AR, videos and games in there.Written July 17, 2021
- The garden was beautiful, it was great to have a refreshment during our trip in the city. We only had some coffee and soft drinks, the service was good. Sadly, they didn't have some of the beverages they showed on the menu, we wanted to try some of their unusual offers.Written September 18, 2022
- Great walk highly recommneded. The part close to Sibenik is a bit steep at places. Personally we was happy that we had brought our walking sticks for support. Others may be fine walking without - but for the part up and down the hills you need solid walking shoes (no-flip-flops please - there is a few 20-30 meter drops from the side of the trail if you fall)Written September 26, 2021