What travelers are saying
- Captain Stjepko's 30 years at sea shows in his paintings. His gallery is well worth a visit. Early in the morning is a good time for a chat with the captain about his paintings.Written October 7, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful place and wonderful art .
I bough a small outstanding elephant and met there an artist , Petra , that had help me in the choice and shared with me a wonderful artistic vibe!
MaxWritten June 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Right near the main square, we loved walking by it as its columns practically came to life at night!Written September 13, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a lovely little find, welcomed in by the warmth and friendliness of owners/ Staff. The wine tasting was fabulous, 4 different wines to taste. A White, Rose, Red and a cheeky little Orange:-) but it didn’t stop there. This was followed by 8 little Grappa, which was all fabulous. Plenty of laughter was had and we all walked away with big smiles.Written September 23, 2023
- Cetinic family is there to help you...not to rip you off...and choose right painting for your ambiance.Written March 15, 2018
- I have traveled the world often and have been to Thailand many times, but the level of care given, the professionalism of the staff, and the ambiance of the spa are all unmatched.
Often spas will take customers for granted or the therapists will not show attention or true care to the customers, but this was not the case.
Overall, a small unique paradise in Croatia!Written July 30, 2023
- Lovely quality jewelry and nice lady! I am really happy with my purchase. The shop is close to the Pile gate on a sidestreet of Stradun.Written September 28, 2023
- Located in Gundulic Square can be found a small but interesting little farmers market. Nice to wander through and find a semblance of reality amongst the crowds of the old town. Some very nice produce.Written June 6, 2023
- Such a nice jewellery!! And I really like that is a family owned business ...you can see the difference...Love it!Written November 17, 2023
- Dressing up as your favorite GOT character was the best experience ever. It doesn’t disappoint ………….Written April 19, 2023
- Wonderfulful store and homeade beauty products. Very knowledgable on product creation and usage. A must in Dubrovnic.Written July 20, 2023
- Many Dali printings. It is very nice for someone who has never encountered with his work to get insight but that is all that one can get. Value for the money is good, but maybe the organisation should change the title.Written August 29, 2020
- There are a lot of shops in Croatia that claim the coral jewellery they are selling is genuine however don't be fooled by their sales pitches - most of the pieces on display are artificial coral. There are only a few shops that can guarantee the authenticity of their Adriatic coral jewellery and Clara Stones is one of those.
Located on one of the narrow cobblestone streets, Ul. Nalješkovićeva, running off the central Stradun (main street) in the old city. The workshop/store is open seven days a week (9:30am-1:30pm & 3pm-8pm).
Firstly, watch as they give you a demonstration and explain how the coral branches are prepared, cut and polished to form the basis of their jewellery pieces. They can also tell you how to spot a piece of fake coral. Once you understand take the time to have a look at their collection - if you are lucky Vittorio or Nikolai might take you downstairs to visit their grotto, which contains some of their vintage/historical collections.
My wife, worked with them, to get a set of unique earrings designed, which they were then able to make and have ready for us to pick up in less than 2 days. If you want a guaranteed authentic piece of coral jewellery, then ignore the rest and go to Clara Stones. Their passion and knowledge of coral means that you'll be in good hands if you want that perfect piece to remember your time in Croatia.Written July 24, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Dubrovnik