Multi-day Tours • Taxis & Shuttles
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
45 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 45
What travelers are saying
- Had a great trip to Acatenango with Luly. The Guides were super friendly and polite, always making sure that the group stays complete. Camp was absolutely fine, sleeping bags were perfectly warm while outside it was almost freezing cold. The tents were covered and easily survived the strong rain at night. Smoothie after the trip was exactly what you need without knowing. Always again.Written August 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had a great experience on El CA Express. I used them three times, Guatemala Airport - > Antigua, El Paredón - > Antigua, and Antigua - > the Airport. They were prompt with replies, willing to help and wait a few extra minutes for me when I landed and customs took longer than expected, cheap, easy to book, provided wifi, comfortable seats, and outlets at seats. I will use this shuttle service again when I return to GuatemalaWritten February 29, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Adrian and Milton were our tour guides for our two tours. One day we did the tour on ATV to Cerro de la Cruz, Altamira and hobbitenango. They haves us the history of each place. The second day we hike Volcán de Pacaya, they helped us going up and down the volcano. One was in the front and one was always in the back in case someone needed a break. They treated us like family and gave us an amazing tour. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Direct Adventures for any tours. They are the best and will always be my go to tours in Antigua.Written June 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Transportation was definitely five star. They were always early and got use where we needed to be on time. I would definitely recommend them.Written July 7, 2022
- David is the nicest guy + provides an excellent service. This shuttle is a better option than others out there as it leaves for El Paredon an hour earlier + returns an hour later in the same day so allows you more time at the beach if you are just doing a day trip.
The bus is brand new, super clean + the ride is a lot of fun passing through really interesting pueblos along the way. On leaving Antigua, look out the back window to see panoramic views of Volcan Agua, Fuego + Acatenango!Written January 28, 2020
- I highly recommended this amazing travel agency to anyone, they are well organized and offer great transportation not only to the beautiful beach at the pacific Coast El Paredón but all over the country!Written May 15, 2022
- We recently did the peanut better making experience in Antigua. We highly recommend this experience. We learned all the steps to make delicious peanut butter. The tour guide was very knowledgeable. Our favorite part was rolling the peanuts. We would definitely do this tour again.Written November 21, 2020
- Impeccable service, everything was organized at the highest level. Thank you for a wonderful trip to Guatemala.Written March 14, 2020
- A pure 5/5 experience. Everything was perfect – even better than expected.
We booked the shuttle to Antigua from La Ceiba (65 USD, cheap!) through Whatsapp. The process was smooth. We had to reschedule (Saturday —> Tuesday) due to food poisoning and worked out the details through WA without extra costs added on 👍
At the dock in La Ceiba, our driver Manfredo greeted us with a clear sign. He led us to a taxi, which took us to Dunkin’ Donuts. Manfredo picked us up a few minutes later with the shuttle.
It was a nice surprise that we had the whole airconditioned, clean and modern minibus to ourselves!
Manfredo was a perfect driver and above all: safe. No risky overtakings. No speeding. Just great.
The border process was extremely smooth. Took us about 3 minutes to get stamped in and out.
We took a 30 minute lunch break and two shorter breaks. We arrived in Antigua at precisely 9 pm.
The only small downside is that the same driver is driving for 13 hours. However, we did take three breaks. And besides, it seems to be the custom in Central America. We have yet to encounter a company that breaks this long-hours-for-drivers-rule.
Would book again without hesitation.Written February 18, 2020
- Salesman lied about the group we would be with to get us on the tour and our group were a family that were not good at hiking soSo disappointed. The guy in the tour shop lied to us about the type of group we would be with just to get us on the tour. The acatenango and el fuego tour was the main thing I wanted to do in my time in guatamala, I couldn't wait to hike up the side of el fuego and see it spewing lava and feel the ground shaking when it erupted. I asked who else was on the tour and he said a group of 7 all in their 30s. Great it sounded like people similar to myself but it was complete lies. I was actually with a costa Rican family ranging from the ages of 18 to 60 a couple of which really struggled with the hike and although they were lovely people it obviously was not the right group for us. I told one of the two guides on the way that we wanted to do the extra trek to el fuego and he said that I could do it for an extra 200q and we would leave half an hour after arriving at base camp. We were then held up by the slower members of the group and eventually the guide had to stay with the eldest and youngest members because they were unable to do it. When we got to base and I waited 20 minutes or so and then asked the other guide when we were leaving for el fuego but after initially saying I could go for the increased price of 250 with a 3 person minimum (only 2 of us wanted to do it because it was beyond the family's ability) so we couldn't do it. We then asked about joining another group and so he reluctantly went to check only to come back and tell us it was too late so we just sat around the fire listing to the Costa Rican kids talk about kids TV programs in Spanish while we could see the flashlights of the people on fuego having the experience of their lives. Had the tour sales guy been honest with us then we would have found another tour group because we obviously would never have gone with a family if we'd known the truth but the sales guy only cared about getting more money so completely ruined it for us. As such we had to leave guatemala having missed out on the bucket list experience that we came for because of gt adventures lying salesman. Gracias..
Also be warned that although the food didn't taste bad it was a completely insufficient quantity so you need to take enough food with you for 2 normal sized meals that you would have when you don't do a hike. Also they offer hot drinks but you need so supply the water so carry extra for this. The guides were nice but it seemed neither could be bothered to go the extra hike to el fuego. There's loads of other groups camped around the same area and the sleeping facilities all looked much the same so make sure you know who's in your group if you go and if you want to go to fuego then don't book with this company. The guides are nice but it seems they don't really want to go to fuego..Written March 2, 2022
- If I had to sum up my experience with Antigua Guatemala Tours with one word, it would be, "WOWWW!"
I opted for the Antigua tour and it exceeded my expectations. I've lived and traveled all over the world and I have NEVER experienced a tour like this. Though the city of Antigua is gorgeous with its unique culture, great food, and wonderful atmosphere, what made the tour special were my tour guides, Pablo and Eman. To hire such great, patient, and knowledgeable tour guides as Pablo and Eman shows that Antigua Guatemala Tours truly cares about their customers and invests in awesome employees to provide their customers with a valuable experience.
This was the first tour where I remembered the names of ALL the places we visited. I don't speak Spanish so Eman (who is very fluent in English) served as my translator. Pablo explained the culture and there wasn't a question I asked that he didn't have an answer for.
When you go, I suggest you ask them to take you to all of the touristy spots first so you can get your pictures and beat the crowds. Also, I am a solo traveler so I brought my tripod along because I'm used to taking my own pictures. I never had to use it because they also served as my photographer. The entire tour was informative and engaging and filled with laughter.
I recommend this tour for any and everyone - solo travelers, older travelers, beginner travelers, travelers with children. This tour is for everyone. I'm still in awe by how amazing Antigua was and I know I would have never had the chance to experience most of it had it not been for Antigua Guatemala Tours!!Written April 29, 2021
- We have been using IRC travel for our yearly trips to Guatemala for more han 14 years! Service is excellent. David is always on time , drives really well and bus is in excellent condition!
Last 2 visits we have had Guillermo drive us after the mission trip to Lake Atitlan Antigua and Guatemala City. He knows the area and drives very competently. He knows the best stops for lunch , ice cream and bathroom breaks and waits patiently while we stop at all the scenic look outs. We travelled as a group of 4 women and felt safe and well taken care of. I would highly recommend this companyWritten November 19, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Antigua
- These experiences are best for transportation in Antigua:
- Ground Transfer From Antigua To Guatemala City Airport
- Shared shuttle - Antigua to Guatemala City Airport
- Guatemala La Aurora Airport(GUA) to Antigua hotels - Round-Trip Private Transfer
- Private Transportation Service from Antigua to Guatemala City with A/C
- ¡PRIVATE TRANSPORT from La Antigua to Guatemala city!
- These are the best places for groups seeking transportation in Antigua:See more transportation for groups in Antigua on Tripadvisor